Woody called out

Announcers call him a coward and a cheap-shot artist, call for the big ten to suspend him. Harsh.

Those were some of the dumbest comments I've heard from announcers in a long time. Saying Woodbury should be suspended for some minor fouls is hilarious.

Ridiculous is what it is. Freaking talking heads getting high and mighty.

Woody has been chippy this half but good grief.

It's not ridiculous. He's playing THUG basketball. He's purposely trying to poke players in the eyes. I watched both plays in slow motion and they were not basketball plays. I don't support that **** or Woodbury, any longer. Someone could lose their vision over something like that and I hope the BIG suspends him for the rest of the season. No place for that garbage at Iowa.

i would say show woodbury the TV feed and what the announcers were saying , and it will stop ASAP. I played a lot of basketball over the years and i never did that once. The announcers may have been a bit over the top, but i agree it was pretty weak on adam's part. He is a very important player for iowa, so hopefully the minimal controversy this is, will be over really quick. i expect it won't be a further issue

i would say show woodbury the TV feed and what the announcers were saying , and it will stop ASAP. I played a lot of basketball over the years and i never did that once. The announcers may have been a bit over the top, but i agree it was pretty weak on adam's part. He is a very important player for iowa, so hopefully the minimal controversy this is, will be over really quick. i expect it won't be a further issue
It would be different if he hadn't done the same thing to Hayes earlier. He actually got Hayes in the eye. That's crap and it could injury someone for life.

i agree it's iffy. We haven't seen that all year, so i don't quite get it. He needs to be an enforcer around the basket, not poking people in the eyes 20 foot away from the basket. I would think it will be a nonissue going forward. no reason to think otherwise. Overall, he has shown improvement and does help us overall. When he's 20 feet away from the basket, not so much

Woodbury is a thin skinned marshmallow - mentally and physically. He demonstrated it last season with his shhhhhh and continues to be a frustrated player that is realizing he's generally overmatched most times he steps on the floor. He tries to compensate for his limited post ability by being physical but this only takes you so far against true talent.

Some guys play basketball because they've got skills and athleticism. Some guys play because they're tall. He's mostly the latter.

People need to calm down. Did he go over the line I don't know. Has he been doing this.... no. Dan dbag was acting as if any contact woody made was attempted murder.

If he was doing this on purpose people need to look around before they throw just woody under the bus.

I can't help but feel that the same posters defending Woodbury would be absolutely up in arms had it been the other way around. Woodbury should be punished and a suspension might be appropriate.

Woodbury is a thin skinned marshmallow - mentally and physically. He demonstrated it last season with his shhhhhh and continues to be a frustrated player that is realizing he's generally overmatched most times he steps on the floor. He tries to compensate for his limited post ability by being physical but this only takes you so far against true talent.

Some guys play basketball because they've got skills and athleticism. Some guys play because they're tall. He's mostly the latter.
well said, i forgot about the shhhhh. As a bb fan the Wisc. Big men were impressive.

Last edited:
People need to calm down. Did he go over the line I don't know. Has he been doing this.... no. Dan dbag was acting as if any contact woody made was attempted murder.

If he was doing this on purpose people need to look around before they throw just woody under the bus.
Dude his behavior drives the very bus he finds himself under.

See the jump ball "trick" it is a pattern of "win at all costs".

He was chippy this game, more than usual even. I have no problem with him being called out for some cheap/dirty play. I have a huge problem with the extreme, over the top commentary from Dakich and Tirico. Maybe it seems worse just because Dan is a front running loud mouth, but good lord.

That said, people on here are very harsh on Woodbury. Guy may not be quite what we all hoped he would become, but he does play very hard and with effort, and does look very good at times.

Bounce back hawks.

Woodbury is a dipsht, bush leaguer.

Having said that, no way he deserves a suspension.

I have no clue what from planet "Dip$****" that some of you are watching the game from (and that included Dakodick who I usually like)

That play I watched it 10 times... nothing even happened.

He was trying to run down to get rebound position and like barely grazed the dude with his elbow.

I really don't even think some of you even watched the play.

I can't help but feel that the same posters defending Woodbury would be absolutely up in arms had it been the other way around. Woodbury should be punished and a suspension might be appropriate.

This is probably true for me, I'll admit. It was dirty play, discipline is probably appropriate. I'll say again though, it was more the crazy commentary that bothered me.

Latest posts