Prime Time League Rosters

Who are the three shooters on the court? I can only assume you mean Gesell, Oglesby/Jok, and Uthoff. Is that really a big upgrade from a Gesell, Marble, Uthoff lineup we saw last season? Who is going to break down a defense?

I would again like to reiterate that I am not down on Iowa as a team, but merely claiming they will have the same issues on the half-court offense that plagued them last year.

It is better than Gesell, Marble, White, Basabe, and Woody. Woody comes out, and in comes Gabe, not better shooting. Basabe goes out, and McCabe comes in, and while he does shoot, it isn't any BETTER shooting.

I think Fran has always wanted length, and to play fast. Well he got that, but other teams adjusted and took away our break. Now we have 5 guys on the court, and have good length, but only 2 really can dribble penetrate on the court (Gesell, Marble).

Why do I get the feeling that YWinston is the embittered banned Ghost back with another alt. Sounds curiously like another ghost alt who embittered everyone on a thread about a new recruit.....

Either ghost or one of his cronies. They have several alts and are doing their best to irritate posters on here.....

Boo.

definitely Top 3? Now we know you're trolling... :D...

Top 1-7 & in contention for the tournament should be the expectations. Those should have been the expectations last year as well but it got a bit out of control, namely for people who had a way too inflated consideration for essentially the same team a season before that went to the NIT. But really, that's where the bar started and it was raised after a great start. Nothing wrong with that expectation rising, but it's hilarious how many people on here want to act like last years team sucked or something. They were the best team Iowa has had in 8 seasons and no ONE player on that squad leaving is going to suddenly turn us back to the dark ages.

Top 1-7.... Those were/are my expectations, they are my bottom floor expectations every season. I for one am happy we're finally back to that point, if we can get into the top 3, it would be a break out season. There's reason to be optimistic this season despite the loss of Marble. Namely, we have had better classes since and a lot of returning players with experience.

definitely Top 3? Now we know you're trolling... :D...

Top 1-7 & in contention for the tournament should be the expectations. Those should have been the expectations last year as well but it got a bit out of control, namely for people who had a way too inflated consideration for essentially the same team a season before that went to the NIT. But really, that's where the bar started and it was raised after a great start. Nothing wrong with that expectation rising, but it's hilarious how many people on here want to act like last years team sucked or something. They were the best team Iowa has had in 8 seasons and no ONE player on that squad leaving is going to suddenly turn us back to the dark ages.

Top 1-7.... Those were/are my expectations, they are my bottom floor expectations every season. I for one am happy we're finally back to that point, if we can get into the top 3, it would be a break out season. There's reason to be optimistic this season despite the loss of Marble. Namely, we have had better classes since and a lot returning players with experience.

It's all about now, now, now in a lot of people's minds. All they remember from last year is the end of the season, not the season as a whole. I think Fran has us back to where we were under Davis. I expect to be in position to finish in the upper half of the conference and make the NCAA's each year going forward. It's not always going to happen, but that's where the bar is now.

It's all about now, now, now in a lot of people's minds. All they remember from last year is the end of the season, not the season as a whole. I think Fran has us back to where we were under Davis. I expect to be in position to finish in the upper half of the conference and make the NCAA's each year going forward. It's not always going to happen, but that's where the bar is now.
Exactly. This was a top 10 team last year. They had their hiccups, but I think we're adding by subtracting, with Marble's ball hogging, and McCabe doing whatever it was he did on and off the court. Looking forward, he have speed, we have length, and we have shooting. On top of all of that, we're starting 5 upper classmen (how many Big Ten teams can claim that?) Fran McCaffery has executed his rebuilding plan to perfection, and there is no doubt in my mind that all of the pistons will be firing at once this season.

No doubt. I agree with that part of what you wrote. The best part of last year now that it's all done and over with is that it did end that way. This group should take that as some huge motivation. They know they haven't arrived to where they want to be. The coaching staff can constantly remind them of it and burn it into their heads so that they won't want to have a season end that way again. I think it'll be interesting to see how Dickerson figures in along with the SG position how those mins get split up. The rest should be fairly similar to last year only Uthoff will get a lot more PT and White will be a PF more so then SF. The big guys will continue to split time depending on who's hot or who's in foul trouble. I'm fired up for them and hope they do well and don't get hurt in the PTL

Not Woodbury?

I think Woody is key from a leadership/mentality perspective. But Jok needs to be the guy who can do it all on his own (I'd throw in JU and AaW). Woody, needs someone to pass him the ball. I agree with Grape, because I believe Jok has superstar talent just waiting to come out. Having said that, we most definitely need Woody and if any feels Woody is the key, it'd be damn tough to agrue against that.

I think Woody is key from a leadership/mentality perspective. But Jok needs to be the guy who can do it all on his own (I'd throw in JU and AaW). Woody, needs someone to pass him the ball. I agree with Grape, because I believe Jok has superstar talent just waiting to come out. Having said that, we most definitely need Woody and if any feels Woody is the key, it'd be damn tough to agrue against that.
I was looking at Jared Reiner's career stats for comparison, and now I'm excited. He took a huge step forward his junior year, over his first two, when he got more minutes and became a focus of the offense. If he could match Reiner's 10 points, 8rbs, and 54% shooting, Iowa could be a Sweet 16 team next season.

Latest posts