Prime Time League Rosters

smhawk

Come on hawkeye nation, you guys are lagging on information provided.

Heres link http://www.primetimeleague.com/rosters.html
Trey Dickerson and white can work on chemistry. Interested on seeing further development of woody and gabe. As well as seeing brady ellingson and uhl. Gonna be there for the waterloo game june 26.

I do think the end to the season took the wind out of a lot of sails related to hoops...the PTL always helps...this team should be competitive next year and challenge for an NCAA bid, but I'd wager against that happening right now if I had to make a choice. Hope I am wrong...

Last edited:
I do think the end to the season took the wind out of a lot of sales related to hoops...the PTL always helps...this team should be competitive next year and challenge for an NCAA bid, but I'd wager against that happening right now if I had to make a choice. Hope I am wrong...

pun intended?

I do think the end to the season took the wind out of a lot of sales related to hoops...the PTL always helps...this team should be competitive next year and challenge for an NCAA bid, but I'd wager against that happening right now if I had to make a choice. Hope I am wrong...

I think thats a poor bet. I dont foresee Iowa running into similar chemistry problems that seemed to haunt them at end of season, Fran would have pushed that out the door if there was any individual responsible. The strengths of Hawks are going to be quite a bit different this year, going to have to rely on paint points from c/pf instead of play makers like Marble. But the frontcourt should be improved. Iowa will have a good PG off bench and Brady E should be able to spell Oglesby if having an off shooting performance. I think 4th place in b10 is obtainable.

I hope you are wrong too but I am afraid you may be right. We lost a lot of experienced players in the seniors that used up their eligibility. What made the calapse so hard to swallow was the amount of experience we had
In those seniors and white as a junior. If we had just freshmen and sophomores playing then in would be a little more understandable but seniors and juniors are suppose to step up and use their experience to carry the team and we did not see that. Also white doesn't seem to be enjoying the game as much. That sheepish grin he used to give in his freshmen and sophomore years seemed to vanish last season. I just hope that what we see is a more diversified attack with many players scoring with consistency each game instead of this roller coaster inconsistency where a player scores twenty one game then comes back and scores six points the next. I think its text for Woody to show that he owns the paint on defense and rebounding and offer a more offensive threat. Gabe also needs to bring it a little more offensively so that our other players get more open shots. I am always hoping for the best but last year was very disappointing and I am not going to pretend it wasn't. Go Hawks!!!!!

Given the schedule this year, I am not going to throw things if they don't make it...Syracuse, Texas and Cal in NYC, Iowa will play two of those three. I'd rate games v Cuse and texas as losses if they draw them..I know nothing about Cal. ISU will be very good. UNI will be a challenge in DSM. Three losses in the OOC seems likely.

Home: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, Rutgers
Away: Indiana, Michigan, Penn State, Purdue
Home/Away: Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin

I think Iowa will have a decent team...and perhaps one that will grow and play much better together and therefore exceed my expectations. But they still don't have many players who can take it off the dribble.

Come on hawkeye nation, you guys are lagging on information provided.

Heres link http://www.primetimeleague.com/rosters.html
Trey Dickerson and white can work on chemistry. Interested on seeing further development of woody and gabe. As well as seeing brady ellingson and uhl. Gonna be there for the waterloo game june 26.
I think you'll be disappointed if you expect to see TD and White on June 26. Trey's not supposed to arrive in IC until the 27th and White will probably be gone to the Kevin Durant Skills Academy June 27-29.

Interests for Iowa fans in the PTL this year: I'm intrigued to see how dominant GO and Woody can be. I expect Jok to dominate as a scorer- but how will his explosiveness look? How will MG look off the dribble? Uhl is an interesting question mark for Iowa this year. We'll start seeing his skills in person. How good a shooter is Ellingson- we'll find out. Finally, I think the best chance the 2014 Iowa team has of finding another guy who can create off the dribble, excluding Jok and MG, is Dickerson. But we'll have to wait until July 3 to start seeing what he can do in the PTL.

Given the schedule this year, I am not going to throw things if they don't make it...Syracuse, Texas and Cal in NYC, Iowa will play two of those three. I'd rate games v Cuse and texas as losses if they draw them..I know nothing about Cal. ISU will be very good. UNI will be a challenge in DSM. Three losses in the OOC seems likely.

Home: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, Rutgers
Away: Indiana, Michigan, Penn State, Purdue
Home/Away: Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin

I think Iowa will have a decent team...and perhaps one that will grow and play much better together and therefore exceed my expectations. But they still don't have many players who can take it off the dribble.

Also a trip to Chapel Hill

I think you'll be disappointed if you expect to see TD and White on June 26. Trey's not supposed to arrive in IC until the 27th and White will probably be gone to the Kevin Durant Skills Academy June 27-29.

Interests for Iowa fans in the PTL this year: I'm intrigued to see how dominant GO and Woody can be. I expect Jok to dominate as a scorer- but how will his explosiveness look? How will MG look off the dribble? Uhl is an interesting question mark for Iowa this year. We'll start seeing his skills in person. How good a shooter is Ellingson- we'll find out. Finally, I think the best chance the 2014 Iowa team has of finding another guy who can create off the dribble, excluding Jok and MG, is Dickerson. But we'll have to wait until July 3 to start seeing what he can do in the PTL.
Expecting to see progress in the PTL is like playing NBA Jam and then expecting real basketball to look like that.

I do think the end to the season took the wind out of a lot of sails related to hoops...the PTL always helps...this team should be competitive next year and challenge for an NCAA bid, but I'd wager against that happening right now if I had to make a choice. Hope I am wrong...

constant negative post may result in banning.

UNI hasn't really done that will since not being part of the PTL. Iowa is going to be a mature team with talent. They should make the NCAA tournament this year. It probably will depend on how much the players have matured since last year though.

You would wager against the Hawkeyes making the NCAA tournament? Really? Seems like a very odd thing to read from someone running a fan site. Kudos for writing what you really think.

I want to see Jok, JU, Woody, GO, TD and Uhl be big scorers. That's assuming White doesn't really particiate due to the Durant camp. I am just really intrigued by Uhl's athleticism, but I'm not expecting him to contribute a lot in season; though it could happen. But, Jok, JU, Woody need to be dominant scorers at their position for Iowa to succeed. I want to see GO because with White not fully participating, I want to see how he scores from the 4 spot. And TD, he's the unkown commodity at guard. If he dominates off the dribble, then I would feel better about our half court offense next season.

You would wager against the Hawkeyes making the NCAA tournament? Really? Seems like a very odd thing to read from someone running a fan site. Kudos for writing what you really think.

Jon went overboard the other way last year comparing the team to the '85-'86 team, now he's going backoverreacting the other way.

Why should anyone just tell people what they want to hear. Iowa's probably not a NCAA tournament team next year, and it shouldn't be a shocker to hear that from anyone, especially someone who covers them for a living.