Prime Time League Rosters

I hope you are wrong too but I am afraid you may be right. We lost a lot of experienced players in the seniors that used up their eligibility. What made the calapse so hard to swallow was the amount of experience we had
In those seniors and white as a junior. If we had just freshmen and sophomores playing then in would be a little more understandable but seniors and juniors are suppose to step up and use their experience to carry the team and we did not see that. Also white doesn't seem to be enjoying the game as much. That sheepish grin he used to give in his freshmen and sophomore years seemed to vanish last season. I just hope that what we see is a more diversified attack with many players scoring with consistency each game instead of this roller coaster inconsistency where a player scores twenty one game then comes back and scores six points the next. I think its text for Woody to show that he owns the paint on defense and rebounding and offer a more offensive threat. Gabe also needs to bring it a little more offensively so that our other players get more open shots. I am always hoping for the best but last year was very disappointing and I am not going to pretend it wasn't. Go Hawks!!!!!

I tend to look at the angle that those seniors had basically choked nearly every oportunity throught out their carreer. I don't think there was much leadership out of that group. Marble and McCabe had to have been a combined 1- 100 on game winning or tying shots.

If White did enjoy last year that would be a problem.

Let's hope perdition isn't really his thing either.

I don't think Jon has to worry about that too much as I've heard there isn't any vacancy there due to all the cub fans taking up permanent residency. I would know. :)

I don't think Jon has to worry about that too much as I've heard there isn't any vacancy there due to all the cub fans taking up permanent residency. I would know. :)

Speaking of cubs and sorry to get off basketball but does anyone know what's going on with
them? I thought some billionaire bought them and that he was suppose to be a big cubs fan that intended to to rebuild them into a contender. Being in last place in their division is not my idea of a contender. I haven't followed them for years and have no idea what is going on. Anyone that is following the team could you please give me your two cents on what is going on. Are they rebuilding their farm system?

Jon went overboard the other way last year comparing the team to the '85-'86 team, now he's going backoverreacting the other way.
Yeah, it's pretty obviously the case that Jon got burned by his expectations last year and is a bit gunshy of big predictions for the 2014 team. But I don't blame him. This year's team has lots of potential but it's far from a foregone conclusion that they are going to fulfill that potential. They've got a lot to prove. But, although many fans won't bet on them, I wouldn't bet against this Iowa team either. It's going to be an interesting year.

I tend to look at the angle that those seniors had basically choked nearly every oportunity throught out their carreer. I don't think there was much leadership out of that group. Marble and McCabe had to have been a combined 1- 100 on game winning or tying shots.

If White did enjoy last year that would be a problem.

I think the 1 was Marble making one vs. Tennessee to send the game to OT in the play-in game. He didn't have a good game but noone seemed to ever mention that one.

Speaking of cubs and sorry to get off basketball but does anyone know what's going on with
them? I thought some billionaire bought them and that he was suppose to be a big cubs fan that intended to to rebuild them into a contender. Being in last place in their division is not my idea of a contender. I haven't followed them for years and have no idea what is going on. Anyone that is following the team could you please give me your two cents on what is going on. Are they rebuilding their farm system?

In my opinion, Theo has done everything he said he wanted to do when they hired him. The Cubs probably have the best farm system in baseball now which you'll start to see as early as next year. That said, the team started pretty slow this year, but they're certainly getting better as of late. If they keep up with what they've been doing lately there might actually be some hype to turn into buyers at the break.

As for the PTL, I think it's more interesting now that the team doesn't suck =p. I look forward to seeing the new guys on the team more then anything. I want to see how Ellingson shoots, Dickerson at the PG, and if Clemmons has improved at all. I think we know what we have with the returning starters for the most part.

Yeah, it's pretty obviously the case that Jon got burned by his expectations last year and is a bit gunshy of big predictions for the 2014 team. But I don't blame him. This year's team has lots of potential but it's far from a foregone conclusion that they are going to fulfill that potential. They've got a lot to prove. But, although many fans won't bet on them, I wouldn't bet against this Iowa team either. It's going to be an interesting year.

I think we make the tournament fairly comfortably next year, somewhere in the 6-9 seed range.

I disagree. I think this team doesn't look as strong as last year, and they "barely" made the "tournament" last year.

I don't think we'll "lose" six of our last seven to close out the year next year. We have a chance to have a great RPI thanks to our "schedule".

I don't think we'll "lose" six of our last seven to close out the year next year. We have a chance to have a great RPI thanks to our "schedule".
I didn't think we'd lose 6 of 7 last year either, but we did.

I have to ask, if the opponent forces us into a half court set, how are we going to score consistently? We could barely do it last year, and that was with the best Iowa basketball player in 8 years.

I didn't think we'd lose 6 of 7 last year either, but we did.

I have to ask, if the opponent forces us into a half court set, how are we going to score consistently? We could barely do it last year, and that was with the best Iowa basketball player in 8 years.

I think less reliance on one player could be a good thing for us, hopefully Uthoff is more aggressive this year, I expect Woody and Gabe to continue their improvement on the offensive end, with Oglesby, Ellingson and Jok we have more shooters than we've ever had under Fran, Dickerson will hopefully be able to penetrate better than Mike. We're returning 7 of the top 10 guys from the 5th most efficient offense in the country, I'm more concerned about our ability to get stops when we need to.

If this team continues to progress and players continue to develop as they have since Fran arrived in IC, they will continue to have a chance to be in the field of 64 next season. They've been right there the last 2 seasons for a bid and even with last years collapse, they still made the field. The year before, they just missed and it was obvious after the fact that they did indeed belong. This is Fran's core class and they will be Juniors and we return 7 out of 10 top scorers. The only reason to state something like "no NCAA this season" has to be hangover from puffing your chest out too far last season and being gun shy. I don't expect this team to take any sort of step back... a step sideways and being a bubble team, could be possible, but not a step backwards... they will be right there for a bid in February

Latest posts