Zeller so overated

Bigtenchamp

I don't get it - just make the guy shoot a jump shot

All I've ever seen him make is a pt blank shot.

Game will be a journeyman bench player in the NBA

Aaron White has more potential.

I wonder why no coach has ever thought of this..

That is why he is so good, everyone knows what he does and he still does it.

I've watched this guy play 6 games now and I've never seen him make a shot outside 5 ft

You think he is going to get those easy looks against nba talent?

No way

His brother avgs like 7 pts a game or somthing for cleveland.. bout the same he will do.

I wonder why no coach has ever thought of this..

That is why he is so good, everyone knows what he does and he still does it.

75% of his dunks come off of quick guards getting him a wide open shot.

I'm not saying he is not good - he just is soooooo overated.

I'd take Zeller on the Hawks in a heartbeat. Don't know anyone else who wouldn't.

I've watched this guy play 6 games now and I've never seen him make a shot outside 5 ft

You think he is going to get those easy looks against nba talent?

No way

His brother avgs like 7 pts a game or somthing for cleveland.. bout the same he will do.

Just so we are clear, are you saying you think White will average more than 7 pts/game as a rookie?

I can't imagine anyone thinking he is overrated. Who cares what he may or may not do in the NBA. In the college game, he is an All-American.

I agree that I don't think he is that good. He doesn't have much for a post up move. Only the right shoulder drop that he schooled McCabe on once, but other than that he relies on his teammates to create for him. That is fine in the Indiana system but not if you are supposed to be the POY. The problem is he has pretty good teammates that can do damage and when anyone helps it usually leaves Zeller wide open.

The play that made me the most mad was the Out of bounds where Marble guarded him on the high side and the lane was wide open he just went to the bucket for an easy dunk. Terrible defense.

Yeah! Here we go! Since most fans stopped caring about the football team in October, I haven't had a chance to experience this kind of bitter butthurt in a loooong time.

I agree that I don't think he is that good. He doesn't have much for a post up move. Only the right shoulder drop that he schooled McCabe on once, but other than that he relies on his teammates to create for him. That is fine in the Indiana system but not if you are supposed to be the POY. The problem is he has pretty good teammates that can do damage and when anyone helps it usually leaves Zeller wide open.

The play that made me the most mad was the Out of bounds where Marble guarded him on the high side and the lane was wide open he just went to the bucket for an easy dunk. Terrible defense.

Yes that is exactly - i mean a solid player but POY? no way

I've never seen the guy really create is own shot unless its a pivot move 5ft from the basket

Zeller is not "so overrated" he does what Indiana asks him to do. He can hit a shot outside of 5 ft, but why put him there if he can get what he does based off dribble penetration.

Iowa played the defense you should against him for the most part, don't freaking help off of him and let him roam in space. Woodbury was also very physical with him and if people doubt he can play physical can let that go. Now it is play physical, but without fouling.

Cody Zeller is a great player and plays within the offense and puts up the numbers he does within the offense. He is one of the most active big men in college basketball, plus he rebounds very well and plays better than average defense.

All that said, I would have liked to see Iowa give Woodbury the ball against him more, like early in the 2nd half, all kinds of spacing against Zeller and he made the shot.

Zeller is not "so overrated" he does what Indiana asks him to do. He can hit a shot outside of 5 ft, but why put him there if he can get what he does based off dribble penetration.

Iowa played the defense you should against him for the most part, don't freaking help off of him and let him roam in space. Woodbury was also very physical with him and if people doubt he can play physical can let that go. Now it is play physical, but without fouling.

Cody Zeller is a great player and plays within the offense and puts up the numbers he does within the offense. He is one of the most active big men in college basketball, plus he rebounds very well and plays better than average defense.

All that said, I would have liked to see Iowa give Woodbury the ball against him more, like early in the 2nd half, all kinds of spacing against Zeller and he made the shot.

Your description fits a solid team player - but not a lottery NBA pick/POY type

He is a good player - but he gets way too much hype for what he is.

LOL, a solid team player averaging 16 and 8.

Sit on a thorn today champ?

I was thinking the exact same thing after last years games tbh.

and when I was watching him play in a few other games last year and this year.

Hardly an opinion I formed today.

Never said he was bad - just over hyped.

I was thinking the exact same thing after last years games tbh.

and when I was watching him play in a few other games last year and this year.

Hardly an opinion I formed today.

Never said he was bad - just over hyped.

Fair enough. You're still laughably wrong, particularly if today just reinforced your opinion.

Your description fits a solid team player - but not a lottery NBA pick/POY type

He is a good player - but he gets way too much hype for what he is.

The guy is an All-American without a doubt, do I think he gets too much credit for IU's resurgence, absolutely. Zeller is a player that is every bit as good or better than Tyler Hansbrough, you probably thought he was overrated too.

Have you watched any IU games when they haven't played Iowa? He can step out, but again, why do it if he is so effective at what he is doing? You can blame Crean for not showcasing all his talents, there really isn't a lot he can't do.

He is better than his brothers that are in the NBA and once he gets there will prove it. I think his game translates very well to the NBA as he is a lot more athletic than you think.

If he were a Hawkeye you would feel differently and if you say you wouldn't you are flat out lying.

Latest posts