Young to Iowa?

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014301040087&nclick_check=1

According to this article if Strong takes the Texas job Young will ask for his release from Louisville and join the Iowa team next year. This could be huge. Come on Strong, take the job!

This would be a long, strange trip for Young...and Iowa. If it winds up this way and if he can make a difference in rushing the passer off the edge next year, that sure will help take the edge off of losing those linebackers.

@BFeldmanCBS: #Texas expects to announce #Louisville's Charlie Strong as its new coach tomorrow, source confirms to CBS.

This is just all around so weird - a juco committing to play for a first year coach - you'd think Louisville would grant him a release.

He's a one year JC kid too. If LV doesn't release him he can always leave anyway and still have plenty of playing time in the bank.

They've changed the article. It had a quote at one point from Young saying he'd likely end up at the University of Iowa and also a quote from his mom saying the AD said they'd release him from his scholarship. Neither of those quotes is in the article anymore.

They've changed the article. It had a quote at one point from Young saying he'd likely end up at the University of Iowa and also a quote from his mom saying the AD said they'd release him from his scholarship. Neither of those quotes is in the article anymore.

Exactly. I'm getting blasted on HR because of that. The original article run said he was probably coming to Iowa.

Exactly. I'm getting blasted on HR because of that. The original article run said he was probably coming to Iowa.

It absolutely said that. It had a quote from him saying that and it had a quote or a comment attributed to his mother, by the author, in reference to her saying she spoke with the school and they would grant Trevon's release.

My guess is someone in the athletic department saw both of those quotes and called the writer and asked those things be taken out.

The item was also four pages long when you originally linked it...now two...they edited it a great deal.

Last edited:
Sounds like it's official that Strong is going to Texas. Should be announced tomorrow. Don't be surprised if Young is released by Louisville and signs with Iowa within the next 2-3 days.

Sounds like it's official that Strong is going to Texas. Should be announced tomorrow. Don't be surprised if Young is released by Louisville and signs with Iowa within the next 2-3 days.
This would be huge. I know we have questions at LB, but given the schedule we play, the D could have a big year.

Actually it was nothing as sinister as suggested above. The writer said the original and lengthy item he wrote was edited for print, but here is the full length version in the blog

During uncertainty over Charlie Strong, updates on Trevon Young, Reggie Bonnafon, Nilijah Ballew, George Rushing, L.J. Scott, Poona Ford, Kavaris Harkless, Isaiah Ford | Recruiting

"If Strong is hired by the Longhorns, Young said there’s “definitely a possibility” he might head straight back home to Des Moines after consulting with his family, who traveled with him to Louisville. Young said it’s likely he’ll end up at the University of Iowa, where he was verbally committed as a high school senior, if he doesn’t stick with the Cardinals.

Young said Jurich told him mother he was sympathetic to the uncertainty the family was feeling. Young believes U of L will grant him a release from his letter of intent."

Looks like he's staying at Louisville

Here is what he tweeted:
@TreYoung35: no regrets about anything.. I wish coach Strong the best. I still got my position coach. coach Hurrt. that's all I need

Latest posts