Young to Iowa?

Looks like he's staying at Louisville

Here is what he tweeted:
@TreYoung35: no regrets about anything.. I wish coach Strong the best. I still got my position coach. coach Hurrt. that's all I need
He has to make a decision today as spring classes start tomorrow at Louisville.

Texas doesn't recruit 6-4/235 pound Juco DE's

Well, the good thing about 6'4" 235 DE's is that they usually become 6'5" 255 DEs after a year in the weight room at a school with the strength and conditioning coach that Iowa or Texas has. Recruiting Juco talent, that's a question, but I'm sure they have a few guys that couldn't get in that they watch and offer again.

Here is what he tweeted:
@TreYoung35: no regrets about anything.. I wish coach Strong the best. I still got my position coach. coach Hurrt. that's all I need

This kid is going to be disappointed when his position coach moves to Texas or is not retained by the new coach.

What percentage of position coaches get retained after HC takes a new job? Maybe 1 or 2 at the most. More disappointment in store for the kid is right.

Well, the good thing about 6'4" 235 DE's is that they usually become 6'5" 255 DEs after a year in the weight room at a school with the strength and conditioning coach that Iowa or Texas has. Recruiting Juco talent, that's a question, but I'm sure they have a few guys that couldn't get in that they watch and offer again.

they grow an inch in the weight room? sorry, i had to.

His tweet tonight

@TreYoung35: confused

No need to be confused son, come home.
for the record, I don't follow him on twitter, somebody retweeted it and it showed up on my feed.

Here is what he tweeted:

Clint Hurtt (Trevon's position coach at UL) has a show cause penalty from his days at Miami. He played at The U in the height of their scandal era of the late-90's/early-2000's and continued that legacy as a coach at Miami before heading to Louisville. If Hurrt is all Trevon needs. . .

maybe there is confusion because iowa no longer has a position for him, for whatever reason. ship sailed, so to speak. the initial reports were that he wanted to go back to iowa. now reports that he is to stay in louisville. that's my take.

Don't get how Young can feel assured that Hurtt, who recruited him, will be his position coach. The new guy may want his own guys.

Why on Earth would the university accept a new coach retaining a "show cause" guy on staff? Why would a kid want to hitch his horse to such a guy?

Why on Earth would the university accept a new coach retaining a "show cause" guy on staff? Why would a kid want to hitch his horse to such a guy?

Well there is a reason that "show cause" is hitched to the coach.....maybe he is still just doing what he always did??

Having told Hendrick they would stick by him till spring I wonder if Iowa no longer had a spot for him.

Latest posts