You watch-McCall will leave!

Not one person in this thread has said anything of relevance to McCall's life. Let me help you out here since I actually know people who have had contact with him. First, McCall has nowhere to go. Again, NOWHERE to go. He has nothing back home in Illinois. The guy has no father figure in his life, and most people believe his dad is in prison somewhere. Second, McCall stayed at his high school coach's house for his entire senior year. Thats right, he moved into his football coach's house in order to use his computer to catch up on school work. He needed to get all A's his senior year to even graduate and qualify for college football. Third, his high school coach has moved to Cedar Rapids, and is now the coach at Cedar Rapids Prairie. Why does this even matter? Because he has the strongest bond with McCall out of any adult in his life. They still keep in touch all the time. Now tell me, do you really think that McCall will leave the only few things he has in his life, to go play small college football in Illinois where he has nothing?

I'm not saying McCall won't leave. What I'm saying is don't assume just because he didn't get the playing time he wanted that he will leave. Just look at CJF from last year. He stayed, and it's been paying off.

Captain Ferentz didn't have the balls to put him in the Michigan game, Michigan State game, Minnesota game...

Right. The issue was lack of "balls". Rrrrrrrrrright.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The derp is strong on this thread.

That said... thank you uofihawkInation for reminding us these are real people with real lives.

I am glad to see a post that is based in reality, not fantasy, like many of the brainwashed KF apologists who think the guy is guaranteed a job for life. KF the person I admire and respect tremendously. Unfortunately KF the coach has lost touch with his players and, IMO, football in general. No better example than his addiction to running Coker all season to the detriment of the team and to other RB's. Why would McCall, Canizeri, Johnson, or Bullock come back to waste away on the bench? Coker has two years left, so no PT for them until he is gone.

KF has been here too long and thinks he is bigger than the program.

Um, the post is completely based on fantasy, not reality.

Not one person in this thread has said anything of relevance to McCall's life. Let me help you out here since I actually know people who have had contact with him. First, McCall has nowhere to go. Again, NOWHERE to go. He has nothing back home in Illinois. The guy has no father figure in his life, and most people believe his dad is in prison somewhere. Second, McCall stayed at his high school coach's house for his entire senior year. Thats right, he moved into his football coach's house in order to use his computer to catch up on school work. He needed to get all A's his senior year to even graduate and qualify for college football. Third, his high school coach has moved to Cedar Rapids, and is now the coach at Cedar Rapids Prairie. Why does this even matter? Because he has the strongest bond with McCall out of any adult in his life. They still keep in touch all the time. Now tell me, do you really think that McCall will leave the only few things he has in his life, to go play small college football in Illinois where he has nothing?

I'm not saying McCall won't leave. What I'm saying is don't assume just because he didn't get the playing time he wanted that he will leave. Just look at CJF from last year. He stayed, and it's been paying off.

And all I am saying is the decision to remain on the football team may not be his choice anymore (emphasis on may not).

Time will tell, but there is a reason why the suspension is open ended.

And all I am saying is the decision to remain on the football team may not be his choice anymore (emphasis on may not).

Time will tell, but there is a reason why the suspension is open ended.

No one knows what the suspension is for. And I highly doubt he will be kicked off the team for one transgression, barring a pierre pierce or abe satterfield/cedric everson type mistake. I don't know mccall, but I do not believe him to be the type of young man to do that type of thing.

No one knows what the suspension is for. And I highly doubt he will be kicked off the team for one transgression, barring a pierre pierce or abe satterfield/cedric everson type mistake. I don't know mccall, but I do not believe him to be the type of young man to do that type of thing.

Yes they do. I know what it's for. It is for something common in college football, especially for freshman.

Well surely somebody knows what its for. Its damn hush hush though, and i dont know everything. However there is a reason it is open ended instead of cut and dried.

nobody really knows other than the coaches and McCall, until the Bowl game and the travel roster is announced nobody can say for sure

I like coker, but he isn't a home run hitter, so to speak.McCall had the speed to take it to the house if he gets to the secondary. We could use McCall so much and he could be a huge help if our coaching staff knew how to utilize our players and their abilities. We should have thrown a fade to McNutt every time he had one on one coverage, because chances are he will come down with it.Vandy is better from shotgun and with a quick pace of play, but we rarely did that.They need to learn to adapt to the talent we have and give our players the best chance to win the game. They don't. They win despite the coaches, not because of them. It's becoming a problem.
Didn't know he was only running back we had with the ability to take it to the house (since Coker obviously can't (see insight bowl)). Canzeri, Bullock.... Man we are screwed if McCall does decide to leave for talking sh*t about the coaches decisions of our team. I too think the kid has potential but the little we saw him was against a sh*t team early on, hes far from our proven savior.

I didn't say he was the only one, but coker is not usually going to be able to bust a 40 used td run. He doesn't have the speed, but he brings a lot to the table. I'm not arguing against that.

I didn't say he was the only one, but coker is not usually going to be able to bust a 40 used td run. He doesn't have the speed, but he brings a lot to the table. I'm not arguing against that.

Coker is a good back and I think we have other good backs also, if McCall leaves I still feel good about what we have is all I'm saying. The problem is with the rotation or lack of rotation I should say, I think we have 2 or 3 backs we could pick from to rotate. If McCall really has issues I think our stable is full enough to be ok.

Are you on board that he failed something?

I am not on board with him failing something (I see what you did there).

Time will tell and I think its best to let things run their course before any judgements. I don't know a lot about the situation in terms of specifics, just generalities.

Latest posts