You Are Ugly

Go to the Maryland board and laugh it up. Better yet, just troll your way off this board. I'm quite sure YOU could laugh off 3,000 people screaming at you: "You're ugly!!" on national TV. It's just part of the increasing vulgarity in the American fabric. Quit making excuses for it.

The pussification of America on full display here. Suck it up.
If I didn't want to take a chance of 3,000 people screaming at me I wouldn't play a sport in front of 3000 people with armed with the freedom of speech.

This isn't wussification, this is about people's fuking values in relation to sports and treatment of others. I can tell you I'm no fuking pussie but I know what is poor taste and what human garbage is. This is it whether it was us doing it or anyone else. It's taunting someone based on something they can't control. Similar to if they would chant nigerrrr, faggottt, or anything else a person has no control over. Same shitt d bags like you are supposed to be teaching your children. Toughen up doesn't apply. If you can't be out in public watching a sporting even w out chanting shitt like this you should just be euthanized. You are everything that's wrong with Merca. Your freedom of speech doesn't mean you get to be a dick bag.

Last edited:
I disagree. It may be in poor taste but quit whining about it Nancy. I'm pretty sure Jared Uthoff himself was less offended than you lot.

Sometimes it just bugs me how people these days b*tch and moan about everything.

I don't really care what random kids chant at a basketball game but freedom of speech doesn't really apply to this.

and you have no clue whether he's ok with it or not. Maybe it's been an issue with him his whole life. Maybe he puts a shotgun in his mouth tonight. You have no idea.

Come on guys it's 2016. If a bunch of dudes want to comment on how attractive they find another dude, who are we to judge?

Gotta' love how some people here are creepily injecting Uthoff's girlfriend into the conversation as if it somehow makes things better. Here's a hint, objectifying his girlfriend in order to justify the mean, unsportsmanlike conduct of the Maryland student section, is equally creepy and wrong.

I've heard Iowa students say equally mean-spirited stuff including racial slurs. However, just because we value the 1st amendment, doesn't mean that we should defend or condone this garbage. I'm doing my best to keep my personal politics out of this comment, but it sounds like some of you have swallowed a little bit too much of a certain political/ideological Kool Aid and are applying it to all realms of life in blanket-esque fashion just because you care more about defending your stupid political ideology than the University of Iowa and its student athletes.

Gotta' love how some people here are creepily injecting Uthoff's girlfriend into the conversation as if it somehow makes things better. Here's a hint, objectifying his girlfriend in order to justify the mean, unsportsmanlike conduct of the Maryland student section, is equally creepy and wrong.

I've heard Iowa students say equally mean-spirited stuff including racial slurs. However, just because we value the 1st amendment, doesn't mean that we should defend or condone this garbage. I'm doing my best to keep my personal politics out of this comment, but it sounds like some of you have swallowed a little bit too much of a certain political/ideological Kool Aid and are applying it to all realms of life in blanket-esque fashion just because you care more about defending your stupid political ideology than the University of Iowa and its student athletes.

You've got to be kidding.

This isn't wussification, this is about people's fuking values in relation to sports and treatment of others. I can tell you I'm no fuking pussie but I know what is poor taste and what human garbage is. This is it whether it was us doing it or anyone else. It's taunting someone based on something they can't control. Similar to if they would chant nigerrrr, faggottt, or anything else a person has no control over. Same shitt d bags like you are supposed to be teaching your children. Toughen up doesn't apply. If you can't be out in public watching a sporting even w out chanting shitt like this you should just be euthanized. You are everything that's wrong with Merca. Your freedom of speech doesn't mean you get to be a dick bag.

Your posts on this topic are worse than the chant IMO.

Is this all we have to bi+ch about? Not wanting to fire the coach? Bench a player? Shoot the refs? Must be a good season. Hopefully we have a 20 page thread about someone's bad haircut next season.

Is this all we have to bi+ch about? Not wanting to fire the coach? Bench a player? Shoot the refs? Must be a good season. Hopefully we have a 20 page thread about someone's bad haircut next season.

I kinda want to shoot the refs too.

Here's a thought...let's forget all the sideshow crap, run the table from here on out, and win the conference outright. We do that, there's not a damned thing Maryland or their dumb-*** fans can do about it. It'd be the biggest middle finger we could give 'em.

So if I tell my wife she is beautiful I'm objectifying her?

Or if you tell her?

Wow brother you want to talk about creepy - your lens on this is creepy to me.

If I were a MD student and stumbled across this thread I would be LMAO.

I was taught at a very young age to NEVER make fun of peoples appearance. Guess that isn't taught anymore. That's a shame. Everybody is a smart azz these days and it's called the norm. Well F YOU turtle fans!

Can we all agree the best thing to do is win the Big Ten OUTRIGHT.. then kick the $#!+ out of them in the BTT Championship, get a 1-2 seed and have some fun in the dance.

Latest posts