Yes, this is a disappointing stretch of Iowa football

What a bunch of whining fat cat fans we have. Tired of the Tom Davis analogy? Remember it it's very relevent. Those who forget history are destined to repeat it. Get rid of KF and you are likely to see the football team go the same route of the bball team but hey by all means roll the dice and see what you get. Give me a break. Do I agree with everything KF and his staff do? No but it could be a lot worse. Like one poster pointed out Saturday came down to 3 to by Iowa vs 0 for MSU.

What a bunch of whining fat cat fans we have. Tired of the Tom Davis analogy? Remember it it's very relevent. Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Relevant because those who compare apples (basketball) to oranges (football) are clueless?

Just remember, kids, the Yankees replaced Torre with Joe Girardi... and went and won another World Series.

So, no, it's not relevant at all. Not only that, but the "Tom Davis analogy" is thrown out there more often than Ferentz blaming the players... err, execution... as to why Iowa loses.

Relevant because those who compare apples (basketball) to oranges (football) are clueless?

Just remember, kids, the Yankees replaced Torre with Joe Girardi... and went and won another World Series.

So, no, it's not relevant at all. Not only that, but the "Tom Davis analogy" is thrown out there more often than Ferentz blaming the players... err, execution... as to why Iowa loses.

Yes they are two very different sports but the situation is the same. Both Ferentz and Davis are fairly successful coaches that the fanbase got upset with for not being better.

Also, MSU outscored the Hawks. If that had been flipped, Iowa wins that game.

Yes that is very true but the majority of the fans on here are whining about the coaching. Are the turnovers a result of bad coaching? Maybe or maybe they are just a funny bounce of the ball or maybe a result of a player straining for an extra yard or two and getting stripped.

I'd like to know what the mindset of the players is becoming after these past two seasons....
Success breeds success, and failure breeds failure.

Here are a few random facts that I found interesting.

-Since Stanzi went down in the Northwestern game in 2009 the Hawks are 8-9 in conference play.

-Minnesota is 3-11 in conference play since the last 2 years with 2 of those wins coming against Iowa

-Arizona is 6-14 since beating Iowa in 2010

-By year 13 Hayden Fry had already led Iowa to 3 rose bowls. By year 13 Ferentz has led Iowa to exactly 0 rose bowls.

-Yet another former Iowa player, Jeff Tarpinian, is starting for the Patriots tonight.

Here are a few random facts that I found interesting.

-Since Stanzi went down in the Northwestern game in 2009 the Hawks are 8-9 in conference play.

-Minnesota is 3-11 in conference play since the last 2 years with 2 of those wins coming against Iowa

-Arizona is 6-14 since beating Iowa in 2010

-By year 13 Hayden Fry had already led Iowa to 3 rose bowls. By year 13 Ferentz has led Iowa to exactly 0 rose bowls.

-Yet another former Iowa player, Jeff Tarpinian, is starting for the Patriots tonight.

We've gone to two Orange Bowls. That's just as good as a Rose Bowl, IMO. Still, the count is 3-2.

And if you're using Tarp's starting tonight as an indictment against the coaches for last year, keep in mind that Tarp wasn't healthy for much of his career, or in 2010. We weren't ever treated to his full potential.

Also, if we had scored 70 points, we totally would have beaten MSU.

After thinking about this carefully, I have to agree.

However, I was talking about things that did happen - turnovers on our side of the field, coupled with a belief that those were critical to the outcome of the game and eliminating them may have changed the outcome of the game, and thus peoples likely outlook for the next couple weeks. Might be a stretch, but I think we would then be talking about winning our division. Rather than a dozen threads on how pathetic our situation is and we are doomed.

I know bringing up these arguable yet logical thoughts mess with the whine party, self satisfying roll you want to be on. For that I deeply apologize.

This response is also for the brilliant other post that said if we won all our games we would be talking NC - again, with careful thought, I would agree. And yet I would respond as I did above.

Ok, Im not taking anything away from the 2 orange bowls. Those were great teams, however you also need to realize they went to the orange bowls because they werent able to win a conference title and make the rose bowl.

I realize Tarp was hurt alot. The point I was going after is yet another player makes an nfl roster. We seem to be able to produce professional talent, however that talent doesn't seem to add up to consistent wins at the college level.

We've gone to two Orange Bowls. That's just as good as a Rose Bowl, IMO.
No it isn't. I could be wrong on this, but it's Iowa, Indiana, and Minnesota that have the longest Rose Bowl droughts. If I missed someone, that's still pretty poor company.

Latest posts