Woodbury to Make Decision Soon

Iowa was in on him so early. He loves the Hawkeyes.

Evan Daniel put this Tweet out the other day during the latest camp:
Twitter

Adam Woodbury is borderline dominating this championship game. The 7-footer has made major strides. High Majors will come in full force...

Adam is and will be a special player at the next level in my opinion. I truly hope it is in a Hawkeye Uniform! I agree with his comment on what Fran is doing with this program and I want Adam to be a part of it all.

I have a feeling this is our first major breakthrough in recruiting and Woodbury becomes a Hawk. It just feels like were on the verge of making some big strides with this program.

I don't want to get too excited over this...but I'm pretty damn excited about this!

If we get Woodbury, I am saying B1G Champions in 2013. Fran will get it done.

If he comes, others will follow, even redheads.

Would we then be the only team in division 1 with two redheads?

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic after I got my hopes up with cesar and we all know how that turned out. In Fran We Trust!

My gut feeling is he inks with the Hawks. I think he sees Fran is taking this program in the right direction and adding quality players to the roster ...

I agree with the earlier poster who said this probably helps us. According to Rivals, he does not yet hold offers from UNC or Kansas, so they'd likely be out if he is going to make a decision soon. Rivals also says he doesn't have an OSU offer, though I thought that had actually been confirmed a while back?

Either way, an early decision can only help us. With the way he's playing right now, our odds get longer the longer he waits.

Iowa has had no luck getting any big time recruits in and i say it continues with Woodbury going to KU or NC.

the rumors in sioux city were that he wanted to major in pre-med and grew up a hawk fan. the question will be if that outweighs the buzz of the other schools pursuing him.

i sure hope he ends up at iowa, but nothing surprises me in recruiting anymore. i only believe it when they sign the LOI. a lot can happen between now and november.

This quote gives me positive hope:

“Coach McCaffery is a great guy, and the whole staff is, actually,” Woodbury said. “They’re great people. And I really think they’re turning around the program, and there’s something special there.”

I worry about The Ohio we cheat State: Batta has had a lot of success developing pro centers, hope I'm wrong but if reports of Pryor sightings in Sioux City carrying a suitcase and driving a new escalade that he has to deliver we could be in trouble. Somebody relay to Adam that the NCAA is sniffing around their hoops team also,

With a Kansas offer on the table, I suspect that's where he goes, but we have been recruiting Woodbury for a long time, so hopefully that pays off! Gut feeling says 25% chance he's a Hawk, but hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
This quote gives me positive hope:

“Coach McCaffery is a great guy, and the whole staff is, actually,” Woodbury said. “They’re great people. And I really think they’re turning around the program, and there’s something special there.”

If that quote is recent, then that definitely sounds positive. But if that's before his KU quote, then not sure how much it's worth... a KU offer changes things drastically IMO. Sorry to be the negative nelly, but when's the last time we've had someone choose us over a program like KU, UNC, etc? Seems like it's been a while.

Latest posts