Woodbury to Make Decision Soon

That article is BS. Here is a quote from the article: "I’m just testing the waters with everybody. I don’t want to jump into any rash decision that I might regret in a little while.”

Guess it all depends on what your definition of "soon" is, as Bill Clinton would say.

I worry about The Ohio we cheat State: Batta has had a lot of success developing pro centers, hope I'm wrong but if reports of Pryor sightings in Sioux City carrying a suitcase and driving a new escalade that he has to deliver we could be in trouble. Somebody relay to Adam that the NCAA is sniffing around their hoops team also,
I disagree.
He has recruited very high level HS kids to his program and they have had success and went Pro. This is not the same as developing. IMO its safe to say without the supporting cast those players would not have left as soon for the Pros.

I remember when half of the people here were saying we don't need him and he isn't going to be big10 caliber...makes me laugh

I remember when half of the people here were saying we don't need him and he isn't going to be big10 caliber...makes me laugh

Half of the people?? Get real.

There have been very few people saying that we didn't need him or that he isn't Big 10 caliber. What most people have done is developed the chicken little policy and predict that he won't land at Iowa...because they feel that will soften the blow in case he does pick a different school. Message boards are so predictable.

For the record, I've maintained from the beginning that Adam will end up a Hawk. But if he doesn't for some reason, Iowa will survive.

What most people have done is developed the chicken little policy and predict that he won't land at Iowa...because they feel that will soften the blow in case he does pick a different school. Message boards are so predictable.

It's not a "chicken little" policy. It's called being realistic.

I don't know how anybody can honestly expect anyone to pick Iowa over KU given the past 5 years. If we were winning 20+ games most every year like we did in the 80's and 90's, it would be different, but that's not the case.

I'm not saying there's no chance, and I'll be more than happy to come out here and eat crow if Woodbury picks the Hawks, but don't be too shocked if he chooses to play for Kansas.

Sounds like he developed his game and took it to a new level a bit too quickly for what we needed. If only he had waited to blossom a year later he likely would be a Hawk. Now, with KU, OSU and Roy-boy-toy in the mix it doesn't look likely.

Come to Iowa! I don't worry as much about KU, or OSU, but if Roy offers, the Paige connection could really, really hurt. He has played a lot with Paige and Gessel. He knows both of their abilities.

Come to Iowa! I don't worry as much about KU, or OSU, but if Roy offers, the Paige connection could really, really hurt. He has played a lot with Paige and Gessel. He knows both of their abilities.

My thoughts exactly!

It's not a "chicken little" policy. It's called being realistic.

I don't know how anybody can honestly expect anyone to pick Iowa over KU given the past 5 years. If we were winning 20+ games most every year like we did in the 80's and 90's, it would be different, but that's not the case.

I'm not saying there's no chance, and I'll be more than happy to come out here and eat crow if Woodbury picks the Hawks, but don't be too shocked if he chooses to play for Kansas.

I don't think anyone will be shocked if he were to pick Kansas. Everyone knows what Iowa basketball has been through the last decade. Eventually we are going to win one of these recruiting battles with the big boys though. And I think this could be the one. I mean, how many recruits show up to I Club functions? I heard that Horner did but I don't know of anyone else that has done that while being actively recruited. Adam and his family are obviously huge Hawk fans. I don't think that fact would have mattered if we still had Lick in charge. AW isn't going to commit to Iowa just on loyalty alone. He wants to win as well. I think Caff has done a good job of convincing him that we will.

For the record, I've maintained from the beginning that Adam will end up a Hawk. But if he doesn't for some reason, Iowa will survive.

Ditto. I thought Iowa would land Woodbury when Lickliter offered him. Now with Fran in on him, Iowa chances have increased. However, the bigger offers and buzz will have effects on high school players. You have to hope Adam's love of Iowa helps convince him to remain a Hawkeye.

Of the two 2012 recruits Iowa was on the past couple years, I thought Gesell and Woodbury were the one most likely to become Hawkeyes. I really hope that holds true. Both are added building blocks to the program when you combine them with talents like Mel, Devyn, and White.

I don't think anyone will be shocked if he were to pick Kansas. Everyone knows what Iowa basketball has been through the last decade. Eventually we are going to win one of these recruiting battles with the big boys though. And I think this could be the one. I mean, how many recruits show up to I Club functions? I heard that Horner did but I don't know of anyone else that has done that while being actively recruited. Adam and his family are obviously huge Hawk fans. I don't think that fact would have mattered if we still had Lick in charge. AW isn't going to commit to Iowa just on loyalty alone. He wants to win as well. I think Caff has done a good job of convincing him that we will.

The I Club thing is interesting - I hadn't heard about that. Also another poster mentioned that it hasn't been confirmed he has a KU offer.. I'd seen alot of talk recently say he DID have a KU offer, but if that actually is not the case, then I obviously like our chances much better if AW is choosing from a list of scholly offers that don't include KU, UNC, etc.

I hope you're right that this is the big recruit that we sign. This would be huge and could start the dominoes falling into place if we sign a recruit that has alot of buzz around him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I also agree that I think Fran has done all he can to convince AW to come to Iowa.. If it doesn't happen, it won't be through lack of effort.

Of the two 2012 recruits Iowa was on the past couple years, I thought Gesell and Woodbury were the one most likely to become Hawkeyes. I really hope that holds true. Both are added building blocks to the program when you combine them with talents like Mel, Devyn, and White.

Do you think that if we get Woodbury, then we also get Gessell?

The report that he had an offer from KU was denied later on. Did he just get an offer this week? KU is heavily pursuing the #1 center prospect in the country,who visits KU this month. I have not seen anyone actually confirm an offer from KU to Adam.

I like Iowa's chances. He gets to be part of a program changing group of recruits.
But,I do cringe a bit when fans start saying that if Adam joins Iowa that he will put us over the top to win a Big Ten title. Last year Meyers Leonard,7fter at Illinois,came in with a top 30 tag,and barely made a dent in league. Takes time for these big kids when they move up a level,gang,unless they are top five like Sullinger.

Bros, let's get real here, Woodbury is going to big time us. I know it sucks, but over the last few years of being down and out and the fact we've only had one kid drafted since the turn of the century really hurts us.

It sucks, but thats why I keep multiple cartridges of nitrous oxide with me at all times. So if you would all excuse me, I'm going to go pick up my chubby girlfriend and we're going to huff these hurtful thoughts away on the hood of my t-top.

Where does everyone think Woodbury ends up in the final 2012 rankings?

I think he gets into the Top 50. Is there any way he could leap all the way up to Top 25?

Latest posts