Woah... Weiskamp

Am I the only one who thinks player development is more up to the individual players? You develop individual skills in the gym on your own.
Coaches help but yeah I'm not sure what percentage of the pie it is but more then 51% is on the player to work on their physical abilities. Be it strength, leaping, shooting etc. How many coaches did Shaq have in his career and he always sucked at free throws. That's on him. Coaches don't get the credit for how good Korver is at making 3s either.

I could definitely be wrong. I usually am. I just thought if the ball gets knocked out of your hands you are allowed to dribble since you lost possession.
I could definitely be wrong. I usually am. I just thought if the ball gets knocked out of your hands you are allowed to dribble since you lost possession.

Maybe I didn’t see the video correctly as I didn’t see the Defender knock it Free.

If the ball was indeed knocked loose then no violation.

If he is just going up for a shot, he can’t just begin his dribble.

Sounds like we may be on the same page. It’s just a question or not if it was indeed knocked free by the defender.

Maybe I didn’t see the video correctly as I didn’t see the Defender knock it Free.

If the ball was indeed knocked loose then no violation.

If he is just going up for a shot, he can’t just begin his dribble.

Sounds like we may be on the same page. It’s just a question or not if it was indeed knocked free by the defender.
He didn't get near the ball. It was a travel by the book, but I know I've seen guys get away with that several times in college. There might be some confusion among officiating folks.

Coaches help but yeah I'm not sure what percentage of the pie it is but more then 51% is on the player to work on their physical abilities. Be it strength, leaping, shooting etc. How many coaches did Shaq have in his career and he always sucked at free throws. That's on him. Coaches don't get the credit for how good Korver is at making 3s either.

Just a little reminder of what coaches responsibilities are

1) selecting the player to recruit
2) getting the recruit to sign LOI
3) formulating strategy for individual games
4) deciding on the starting line-up
5) deciding how many minutes each contributor will get
6) implementing strategy during game
7) adjusting strategy accordingly based on conditions of the contest
8) deciding which position each player will contribute at
9) deciding what tasks players will focus on during practice
10) creating a development routine to improve the raw physical ability of the players
11) hiring assistants that have the ability to instill discipline among the players as well as improve their technique thru instruction and repetition
12) inspire his charges to perform at their maximum ability
13) figuring out how to assemble the pieces so that they over-achieve as opposed to under-achieve
14) earning their paycheck
15) using their position to further their child's professional ambitions (strike that, I forgot which board I was posting on)

If it is for sure a travel every time you jump then start to dribble, it would be called every single time wouldn't it? It's not like you can miss that and think maybe he didn't jump. I always thought it was something to do with the ball hitting the floor before your feet or something like that. Otherwise it makes no sense to not be called 100% of the time.

Anybody else get a bad feeling Franball will somehow limit this kids potential?

you mean like he did to gabe?

I really can't believe this board. this board was throwing out the red carpet for kirk all through his 34-30 (19-21 Conf) record from '10 through '14. Under Fran, we haven't had one season that was a throw away, unacceptable season. but, this board is calling for his head after an 0-2 conf start. this board's general opinion of fran and kirk is exactly backwards, at times.

I really can't believe this board. this board was throwing out the red carpet for kirk all through his 34-30 (19-21 Conf) record from '10 through '14. Under Fran, we haven't had one season that was a throw away, unacceptable season. but, this board is calling for his head after an 0-2 conf start. this board's general opinion of fran and kirk is exactly backwards, at times.

I can explain it (not justify it) and I'm not joking.

One of them cries a lot and the other one doesn't.

I repeat: NOT JOKING

You must not have been around then, as I was even calling for him to be fired at that time.

I don’t think it is traveling.

NCAA Rule 9 (not IHSAA)
Section 6
Article 4 — ball handler must pass or shoot when one foot has been established to be pivot foot.

Article 5 — ball handler must pass or shoot when neither foot can be established as pivot foot.

Weiscamp caught ball and could establish either foot as pivot.

Not a travel.

To be clear I never once said that Garza was supposed to be leading the team in anything. What I did say was that HN posters (and those from a lot of other sites) had him walking right in and carrying the program.

To be clear, I agreed with your 1st post. After that, you went downhill.

[QUOTE="Joshbrown, post: 1665481, member: 76692"]I can explain it (not justify it) and I'm not joking.

One of them cries a lot and the other one doesn't.

I repeat: NOT JOKING[/QUOTE]

Angry Fran is one of the things I love about him. A basketball coach that gets as angry when the refs are oblivious to Iowa repeatedly getting hacked and fouled. Love it!! Go Hawks!

I don’t think it is traveling.

NCAA Rule 9 (not IHSAA)
Section 6
Article 4 — ball handler must pass or shoot when one foot has been established to be pivot foot.

Article 5 — ball handler must pass or shoot when neither foot can be established as pivot foot.

Weiscamp caught ball and could establish either foot as pivot.

Not a travel.
You're not making sense. Sorry

NFHS rulebook, rule 4, section 44, Article 3-c:

"The pivot foot may not be lifted before the ball is released, to start a dribble."

In other words, you can't jump and then dribble. Weiskamp traveled.

NFHS rulebook, rule 4, section 44, Article 3-c:

"The pivot foot may not be lifted before the ball is released, to start a dribble."

In other words, you can't jump and then dribble. Weiskamp traveled.
So why is it not called every time? It's literally impossible to miss.

Latest posts