With Moss transferring....

If Fran hates black people, he chose the wrong profession.

You are meaning flat out racism and joking about it.

What is common in Iowa is covert racism which for many is subconscious bias.

Whether or not Fran is covertly racist....I prefer to call it subconscious bias... I have no clue. Certain historical dynamics of the team could lead one to believe it to be possible.

Whether or not Fran is covertly racist....I prefer to call it subconscious bias... I have no clue. Certain historical dynamics of the team could lead one to believe it to be possible.
Oh no! Not this again.

tumblr_nuiofvDn5n1u8qr43o1_1280.gif

People have said; it can be subconscious; history shows; dynamics of the team; charter clause; inherent bias; statistically safe; he may or may not; and on and on. You guys are just amazing. If you are going to hint at Fran McCaffrey being "racist" you owe it to the truth to state facts, not rely on cheap innuendo.

A black player left early for a professional career. An end of the rotation black player left for playing time. A graduated black player leaves for an expanded role. I'd say its undeniable proof that Fran hates blacks. No unconscious bias to it. Just pure hatred. It's just too rare for a black player to leave school to play professionally for it to not mean sonething.

Jokes aside, I wish we got more black players because their games are usually more exciting to watch. There have just been a lot of in state kids lately. Fran did bring in a lot of black guys in his two classes that failed miserably tho so I don't think our shortage of them is from lack of Fran wanting them. I

Are you that stupid or just acting like it? As the only black player on a lilly white team with a largely white staff in a mostly white university town, Toussaint is going to stick out like a sore thumb and likely feel like he doesn’t fit in.

Fran has had a hard time encouraging diversity in his program.

Are you that stupid or just acting like it? As the only black player on a lilly white team with a largely white staff in a mostly white university town, Toussaint is going to stick out like a sore thumb and likely feel like he doesn’t fit in.

Fran has had a hard time encouraging diversity in his program.
With Moss transferring....

Read that you were embarrassed at the lack of diversity!!! Must be one brain washed into global warming and other rare racist attitudes.....I'm embarrassed for you and your racist attitude....no reason to qualify or reject any person based on their skin color!!! Diversity, BS.........it is NOT a strength, but a libtard way of grouping folks into categories and treating them differently based on "classification".....grow up...no reason to discuss diversity on a BB team....or anywhere else for that matter.....all are God's folks, purple, black yellow, white....leave color out of it, it is not the measure of a person's character or worthiness!!

People have said; it can be subconscious; history shows; dynamics of the team; charter clause; inherent bias; statistically safe; he may or may not; and on and on. You guys are just amazing. If you are going to hint at Fran McCaffrey being "racist" you owe it to the truth to state facts, not rely on cheap innuendo.

Thats kinda funny.....Huck Finn.

A black player left early for a professional career. An end of the rotation black player left for playing time. A graduated black player leaves for an expanded role. I'd say its undeniable proof that Fran hates blacks. No unconscious bias to it. Just pure hatred. It's just too rare for a black player to leave school to play professionally for it to not mean sonething.

A 300 pound back man gets kistaken for a 150 pound black man.... easy mistake. No bias ...

Fran's not racist.

What he is, is horrible at putting a basketball roster together.

A team full of skinny local white kids is a byproduct of being terrible at recruiting.

stop with the sub/unconscious bias stuff as a form of racism. unless, you want to say that all minorities are also unconsciously bias towards other differing races from them. are you applying this unconscious bias across the board? because if you are, then, what you're actually saying is that every single person on this planet is a racist. if not, then you are simply calling an institution "racist" with no proof of intent for a particular decision made. saying unconscious bias is a real thing is like having to prove a negative. prove something didn't happen. how would someone disprove a sub/unconscious bias? it is simply a tactic that allows someone to accuse someone else without fear of being proven wrong...because you can't prove a negative.

stop with the sub/unconscious bias stuff as a form of racism. unless, you want to say that all minorities are also unconsciously bias towards other differing races from them. are you applying this unconscious bias across the board? because if you are, then, what you're actually saying is that every single person on this planet is a racist. if not, then you are simply calling an institution "racist" with no proof of intent for a particular decision made. saying unconscious bias is a real thing is like having to prove a negative. prove something didn't happen. how would someone disprove a sub/unconscious bias? it is simply a tactic that allows someone to accuse someone else without fear of being proven wrong...because you can't prove a negative.
Capital letters, man...capital letters.

That's not grammar naziism, either. It's just common goddamn courtesy.

Never called anyone racist in the usual meaning of the world. Covert...look up the meaning is everywhere and works both ways. There is an obvious issue with getting, keeping, and developing black players. Dialog improves things.

Why these are issues we don't know. It is an issue no matter how comfy you are with it.

Maybe it is as simple as Fry s explanation. How it is perceived could be another thing.

The results are what they are.

Fran's not racist.

What he is, is horrible at putting a basketball roster together.

A team full of skinny local white kids is a byproduct of being terrible at recruiting.

With the results Fran has had, the only way it can be true that Fran is horrible at putting a roster together is for him to be an extraordinary coach. Do you believe he is an extraordinary coach?

19/20 basketball season . . . right in the heart of the most contentious/angry/psychotic presidential campaign in our history . . . and the networks will feel compelled to bring this up every game. Is miss pink locker-room still on campus? Oy vey.

I doubt if any announcers will ever make reference to it,

at least not when they think the mic is on.

These kind of arguments (about race) always remind me of the same kind of arguments that faced the Boston Celtics in the '80s when they had Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Rick Robey, Danny Ainge, Greg Kite, etc. A lot of arguing about being a racist team, racist coach, etc. The thing is, the Boston Celtics were also the very first team in the history of the NBA to start 5 African-American players. They were never racist; the guys they played could have played on pretty much any team in the NBA.

The problem with the Boston Celtics is much more deeply rooted in the history of the franchise and its fans. IIRC, Bill Russell had a private ceremony for his Hall of Fame banner because he didn't want to share it with the racist fans.

With the results Fran has had, the only way it can be true that Fran is horrible at putting a roster together is for him to be an extraordinary coach. Do you believe he is an extraordinary coach?
Holy shit, what an oversimplification.

And no, I don’t think he’s an extraordinary coach. Fran isn’t exactly nipping at John Wooden’s shoes here; your statement seems to imply that he’s been super successful when he hasn’t.

McCaffery has a .475 conference winning percentage, has won 3 post season games in 8 seasons, lost in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament 5 out of 9 times and never made it past the second round, and only finished a season ranked once (25th). That body of work isn’t exactly flattering.

Last edited:
Holy shit, what an oversimplification.

And no, I don’t think he’s an extraordinary coach. Fran isn’t exactly nipping at John Wooden’s shoes here; your statement seems to imply that he’s been super successful when he hasn’t.

McCaffery has a .475 conference winning percentage, has won 3 post season games in 8 seasons, lost in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament 5 out of 9 times and never made it past the second round, and only finished a season ranked once (25th). That body of work isn’t exactly flattering.

I would say putting a team together is a good 75% of what makes a coach successful. If someone is horrible at it, they must be extraordinary at the other 25% just to get average results.