With Moss transferring....

StanziUSA

that’s two players under scholarship and an assistant that have left the program since the end of the season.

Spin

Good luck explaining the IM and MD transfers to prospective recruits, Fran.

that’s two players under scholarship and an assistant that have left the program since the end of the season.

Spin

Good luck explaining the IM and MD transfers to prospective recruits, Fran.

Jeez, this is dumb as shit. Look around college basketball, schools lose ON AVERAGE 2 players a year. With 350 D1 Schools, there are over 700 transfer a year. This is just college basketball in this day and age.

It could certainly be coincidence but we just lost basically all of our diversity. Dailey, Moss, Cook and Francis...what do they all have in common? Toussaint is going to feel really out of place.

It could certainly be coincidence but we just lost basically all of our diversity. Dailey, Moss, Cook and Francis...what do they all have in common? Toussaint is going to feel really out of place.

Why would Toussaint feel out of place? Do you think white players on predominately black rosters feel out of place?

Why would Toussaint feel out of place? Do you think white players on predominately black rosters feel out of place?
Are you that stupid or just acting like it? As the only black player on a lilly white team with a largely white staff in a mostly white university town, Toussaint is going to stick out like a sore thumb and likely feel like he doesn’t fit in.

Fran has had a hard time encouraging diversity in his program.

Are you that stupid or just acting like it? As the only black player on a lilly white team with a largely white staff in a mostly white university town, Toussaint is going to stick out like a sore thumb and likely feel like he doesn’t fit in.

The Iowa community has always been a vast majority of whites. I'm not sure what changed by Moss moving on as far as community demographics go.

As far as the team goes, do you ever see this discussed in the opposite manner? IE, when there are 2 white players on a otherwise all black roster? That is what I was pointing out, and yeah if it would be dumb for a white kid to say he doesn't want to play at a school with only 1 or two other whites on it.

The Iowa community has always been a vast majority of whites. I'm not sure what changed by Moss moving on as far as community demographics go.

As far as the team goes, do you ever see this discussed in the opposite manner? IE, when there are 2 white players on a otherwise all black roster? That is what I was pointing out, and yeah if it would be dumb for a white kid to say he doesn't want to play at a school with only 1 or two other whites on it.

A white kid that aspires to play basketball at a high level knows he will be the "minority" going into it. I don't think it works the same way in reverse. Maybe it does and I have it wrong.

Bingo!

As of right now, Iowa will be the only P5 team with 5 white starters. And no grad transfer is looking at Iowa. Selling diversity is going to be a challenge.

No, because most of them are relied upon to wave towels and fill up water cups.

We're not going to be that naive today, are we?

It was impossible to not notice how white Iowa was compared to other teams BEFORE three black players left before their senior year, plus a black coach. I hope Toussaint works out.

19/20 basketball season . . . right in the heart of the most contentious/angry/psychotic presidential campaign in our history . . . and the networks will feel compelled to bring this up every game. Is miss pink locker-room still on campus? Oy vey.

It was impossible to not notice how white Iowa was compared to other teams BEFORE three black players left before their senior year, plus a black coach. I hope Toussaint works out.
As an Iowa grad and long-time Hawkeye fan, I’m embarrassed by the lack of diversity on Fran’s basketball teams.

In the 2020 recruiting class only 5 of Iowa’s 29 offers are to caucasian players.

The 2016-2017 Iowa basketball team had 9 of the 14 players who were not Caucasian (Jok, Cook, Pemsl, Moss, Wagner, Uhl, Williams, Dailey, Jones). Two assistant coaches and the video coordinator were also African American.

I don’t know why I’m going down this wormhole with these insufferable people claiming they are fighting the good fight.

As a fan I want Iowa to put the best basketball team it can on the floor, regardless of what the players look like.

I’m wondering if this wasn’t Fran’s way of opening up space for both of the Hauser boys and DJ Harvey.