Wisconsin @ #8 Iowa Gameday Thread

Huge props to Adam Woodbury for his huge effort tonight. That said, this team now officially has major systemic issues.

Someday people are just going to learn that the Hawks will always offer you a hopes-dashing kick to the stones no matter the sport, no matter the year. I will always love 'em dearly but the sooner you guys accept that the sooner your blood pressures will come back to earth.

We are the Iowa City Cubs.

I'm starting to believe you. :(

Huge props to Adam Woodbury for his huge effort tonight. That said, this team now officially has major systemic issues.

Except for the fact that he couldn't match up with anyone man-to-man so we have to play zone, giving up 3's and our guys get tired, meaning Uhl and Ellingson have to play way too much.

Congratulations to Denzel Valentine on the B1G player of the year

Yep. Uthoff has completely disappeared. We've now lost two straight games to teams that won't be playing in the NCAA tournament. That's a pretty strong sign that we won't be winning a game in the CT or NCAA.

Lol three weeks ago we were thinking Big Ten regular season championship, 1 seed in the Tourney in DSM, achieving the #1 ranking overall, and Uthoff POY.

Now we'll be lucky to get a 6 seed and win another game this year

People were being 100% serious talking about a national title 2 weeks ago, and now we're outside the top 15. That's how hard we take dumps.

They shoot free throws and we don't know what offense we're gonna run when we get the rebound?
Silly Fran.

Guard play... I'll leave it at that... Also Uhl and Baer out played their expectations. Uhl is NOT a 50% 3 point shooter and Baer is a hustle guy.

I'm not sure I understand Frans matchups. I always thought Clemmons was a better defender than Mike but Mike keeps getting matched up with their best offensive player... Yogi, Koenig tonight... I don't get it.

Last thought... How many times can Woody set a pick and give Mike a clear lane to the basket or can he get a clean look from 3 and come up empty??

Mike Gesell is THE problem.

Latest posts