Wisconsin @ #8 Iowa Gameday Thread

Iowa wins out though they will still be in contention for the conference championship. They have a home game against the Indiana Losers. That will be key to make up a game when Iowa beats them.

You mean the Indiana Losers that won against the Hawkeyes?

Iowa wins out though they will still be in contention for the conference championship. They have a home game against the Indiana Losers. That will be key to make up a game when Iowa beats them.

And what makes you so confident that Iowa will beat the Indiana Losers?

We give up an unconscionable amount of wide open threes, and that's exactly how Indiana kills you.

Meanwhile, our POY contender seems complacent down the stretch and can't hit open threes anymore.

This doesn't exactly seem like a recipe for success against a top team in the conference.

Maybe we were never as good as everyone thought.

Face it, we caught a struggling Michigan State team (once without the B10 POY) at the right time. The wins against Purdue were impressive, sure, but I'm not even convinced Purdue is that great.

Every other opportunity we've had this year to prove ourselves, we've squandered. The epic Iowa State collapse. Losing back to back games to ND and Dayton. Missing an opportunity to beat Maryland on the road. Going toe-to-toe with Indiana then ultimately coming up short.

Then some grind it out wins against horrible opponents (i.e. Minnesota).

I think the stretch in January where we rose to the top of the pack was just a mirage, and maybe this is where the team actually belongs.
Moss better be the next Jordan or next year's gonna be rough to watch, IMO.

It's getting a little tiresome that every team lately has a player that nobody has ever heard of and averages about 5 minutes and 2.4 points a game lights us up for 5 times that many in a half and looks like a first team selection.

It's getting a little tiresome that every team lately has a player that nobody has ever heard of and averages about 5 minutes and 2.4 points a game lights us up for 5 times that many in a half and looks like a first team selection.

No names suddenly turn into stars when they're left unguarded at the 3 point line

Most bench players in college basketball are absolutely incredible shooters. When they're bothered, not so much. But when they have the opportunity to shoot uncontested shots like they have their entire life, it's easy.

That'll happen when he has a whole 5 seconds to shoot.

We're going nowhere as long as Fran keeps playing Ellingson and Uhl be the first options off the bench and Gesell plays like he's an offensive juggernaught. What started as a promising season is going downhill fast and selfish play is taking us out of our game plan.
Congratulations to Woody. He's the reason we were still in it in the 2nd half.

See you guys on the football board next September.

Same drill there too come November when we're getting killed 67-0 in the Waste Management Dumpster Fire Bowl.

Yeah, Hawkeye sports have sucked this year. :cool:

I'll never understand the whoa is Iowa mentality.

We're going nowhere as long as Fran keeps playing Ellingson and Uhl be the first options off the bench and Gesell plays like he's an offensive juggernaught. What started as a promising season is going downhill fast and selfish play is taking us out of our game plan.
Congratulations to Woody. He's the reason we were still in it in the 2nd half.
Take either Woody or Jok out and we're really bad.

Yeah, Hawkeye sports have sucked this year. :cool:

I'll never understand the whoa is Iowa mentality.

Having a program that consistently reaches the precipice of greatness but can never claim the ultimate prize is almost worse than having a program shrouded in eternal mediocrity, like Iowa State. At least they don't have expectations.

Which guy? Multiple guys fit my scenario. :mad:

Their center spotted up and had forever to shoot. I have no issue with letting a center have a wide open 3.

The other bench player that had a career game killed us on the baseline...the guy with the sportscaster windmill dunk. He didn't hit a 3....I don't think. Heck maybe he did.

No names suddenly turn into stars when they're left unguarded at the 3 point line

Most bench players in college basketball are absolutely incredible shooters. When they're bothered, not so much. But when they have the opportunity to shoot uncontested shots like they have their entire life, it's easy.

Not referring to only three point shots.

Latest posts