Willies Gone?

The offense hasn't evolved with college football. 10 years ago a lot of offenses were like Iowa's. Do the same thing for 16 years and people will figured it out.

The point is this kid knew what the offense was like when he signed on.

If he really is leaving I think it's not related to football.

This might be because of off the field stuff but the fact remains that after hearing about Willies at the Valley High School spring practice, watching Willies at the final spring game, and watching him so far this year until his injury he sure has talent.

I will probably miss the chance of him making some big plays over the next 3.5 years.

He got injured but with the bye weeks he only missed two or parts of two games. But he didnt seem to be getting much playing time.

Keep in mind that Willies had a major fight with Nico Law this summer, and that fight precipitated Nico Law's exodus from the Iowa program. Nico had friends on the team, and there's a chance that those friends did not make life easy for Willies these past few months. It might have been playing time that pushed Willies to leave, or it might have been team chemistry/culture.

I wish I never seen this post. If this is the case than I have a very different view on the program I love and more. Damn!

Keep in mind that Willies had a major fight with Nico Law this summer, and that fight precipitated Nico Law's exodus from the Iowa program. Nico had friends on the team, and there's a chance that those friends did not make life easy for Willies these past few months. It might have been playing time that pushed Willies to leave, or it might have been team chemistry/culture.

I have no idea if there is anything to the "culture" theory but if so then that's on KF.

It wouldn't surprise me though. KF might be as detached and clueless in the locker room as he is on game day.

The point is this kid knew what the offense was like when he signed on.

If he really is leaving I think it's not related to football.
I'm sure Davis didn't realize Iowa's offense when he signed on at Iowa. Davis said Iowa needed more speed at the WR spot. He recruited more WR speed. Maybe Davis assumed Willes and any other WR would be involved in a down the field passing offense using speed. Maybe Davis unintentionally fibbed to Willes. Little did Davis realize KF didn't have many intentions of using that speed to go down the field.

If the rumors/speculation are true about GDGD and his shitey offense not gonna be back as OC next year (crossing fingers); then I cannot believe that this is a football/playing time problem. It doesn't make sense that Willies would leave here (a place he wanted to be at), go sit out a year, only play two years in a new offense. As opposed to sticking around and haven't three solid years as the dude!

There are more details that will come out about this story. Just wait.

Wrong this is on KF and his crap offense and his crap attitude towards the offense, I don't blame Willies one bit he will be BETTER off somewhere else, he not going to need any luck from you

Wrong, this is on Willies if true. You commit to a university and a team. You don't walk out on your teammates and coaches mid-season. Unless there is a family matter here then this is a weak move on his part.

For the record Willies wasn't the player that was jacked up by Law this summer. This is incorrect info.

Any way you chalk it up this is one more in a long line of total failures under KF's watch.

Not only can we not get many talented players, the few we do get are railroaded to the bench and out of the program.

yeah, I might buy this if they hadn't run a conservative, safe, stale offense for 17 years.

I expect transfers, because it happens to every school every year.

this is strange because they don't usually happen in the middle of a season.

This offense since greg davis is absolutely nothing like the offense prior to.

I have more respect for Willies for jumping off a sinking ship.

I wouldn't be opposed to a mass exodus of players this offseason, Ferentz needs to go and we may need to bottom out to get Barta to make the needed move. The game has passed Ferentz by and he's not going to catch back up.

Latest posts