Willies Gone?

What a gut punch. Most physically gifted WR Ferentz has had and a year a half in the kid bolts. How does a team like Iowa starving for talent like his not find a way to get the kid involved. He redshirted last year and I'm sure expected to play a decent amount this year. The future for Hawkeye receivers under Davis doesn't look very promising either.

634.gif

A tiny bit of adversity 15 months into the program. Next man in, he will not be missed. Good luck in your future endeavors son, you are gonna need it.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delude yourself much?

Willies, with his raw talent, is the guy with a world of opportunity in front of him - he's got 3 years of eligibility left to enjoy the experience of being a big time college football player...meanwhile, we're all stuck here chained to this giant turd pile that Barta wants to pass off as a big time college football program.

I think the guy has loads of talent so he might be one of the few who have left the program that actually did well on the field for another program.

An I can't think of any that left Iowa and played well for another BCS level program.

Odd timing for sure.

The obvious reason for him leaving is football related, but I can't remember too many other mid year departures that were regarding football. Maybe this has something to do with an off the field matter?

I was thinking the same thing. Why mid season? what is there to gain from it? I really think there is more to this story than us common fans know.

CJ Beatherd liked the photo and some other players did also. I see a mass exodus coming soon and this is right on KF's head. He doesn't understand college football anymore.

Last edited:
If this ends up being true, at minimum KF is going to have to seriously re-evaluate things. Meaning how he wants this to end type of re-evaluation.

Just keep in mind that at one point Iowa was going to be losing 25 players because of failed drug tests.

It wasn't ISU fans, or the media that tried to take down the Iowa football program a few years ago. It was message board "fans" citing "inside sources"

So does anyone have confirmation that he's leaving due to playing time/the offense/Kurt wants to lose? Or are we just jumping straight to that conclusion.

Keep in mind that Willies had a major fight with Nico Law this summer, and that fight precipitated Nico Law's exodus from the Iowa program. Nico had friends on the team, and there's a chance that those friends did not make life easy for Willies these past few months. It might have been playing time that pushed Willies to leave, or it might have been team chemistry/culture.

Latest posts