Will We Have Football in the Fall?

Will we have a football season this fall?

• Season Cancelled

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Games played with no fans

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Games played with some fans

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Games played as normal

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iowa in the Top Ten! Oh, wait. That’s in covid19 spread. I want desperately to get back to normal. But when I see the reactions by far too many people to re-opening as wildly irresponsible, I guess it may be longer than should be necessary. So, due to their actions, I will have to stay sheltered longer. That is a true violation of my rights.

I hope this isn't the post that locks the thread because I think what I'm about to say is enough of a fact to be not considered political. Here goes...

The more people go out, the faster this goes away. Not the other way around. If you are cheering for the quickest path for you personally to stop sheltering in place, you should be cheering for big gatherings.

I hope this isn't the post that locks the thread because I think what I'm about to say is enough of a fact to be not considered political. Here goes...

The more people go out, the faster this goes away. Not the other way around. If you are cheering for the quickest path for you personally to stop sheltering in place, you should be cheering for big gatherings.

See. This is the type of shit I'm talking about.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT, PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is a political angle based opinion aligning with the landscape of this country. The president and some of his backers are saying "OPEN IT UP!" Herd mentality. Their opposition is taking a different stance.

NONE OF US KNOWS WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE VIRUS!!!! IT'S NOVEL!!!!!

THAT MEANS NEW!!!!!!

Please DO NOT argue with me. Please DO NOT respond to my post with some study. Please read my post in the thread - Howe: Hawkeyes About to Be Part of Science Project - for more clarity on my feelings here.

PC's post is another example of why I'm moving towards making these boards completely non-COVID discussion.

See. This is the type of shit I'm talking about.

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT, PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is a political angle based opinion aligning with the landscape of this country. The president and some of his backers are saying "OPEN IT UP!" Herd mentality. Their opposition is taking a different stance.

NONE OF US KNOWS WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE VIRUS!!!! IT'S NOVEL!!!!!

THAT MEANS NEW!!!!!!

Please DO NOT argue with me. Please DO NOT respond to my post with some study. Please read my post in the thread - Howe: Hawkeyes About to Be Part of Science Project - for more clarity on my feelings here.

PC's post is another example of why I'm moving towards making these boards completely non-COVID discussion.
Lol but it was completely fine for Huck to say what he said. I'm pretty sure I've posted exactly 2 things since you shut that thread down and you made a huge deal out of both, all while letting everything else go. The reason so many people are having a hard time understanding your rules is because you are saying you don't want people to discuss it and what you mean is you don't want people to say things you disagree with. You make that perfectly clear when you let Huck say what he did and go off on me for what I said.

I have personally missed my annual month long winter trip to Florida, had my June Canada fishing trip, an annual trip with my son’s and grandsons, cancelled. Second trip to Canada in July in doubt. I get sick to my stomach when I contemplate the possibility of not using my two season tickets for football and basketball in 2020. I have not been in a store or at a social gathering in nearly three months. No Library Board, Lions Club, or Faith UMC. I have had one visit with one of my sons and two grandsons. They were essentially all working from home, so I was comfortable with that. I am retired, 74 years young, and having the time of my life after a rewarding career of over forty years. 3 happily married kids, 7 wonderful grand kids. I am certainly not rich, but I have a steady income and have positioned myself over the years for a good retirement. Yes, due to my age and one underlying condition, I am being, maybe, overly cautious. But I have been through tougher times. It makes me so very sad that people are losing their jobs, their health insurance, even their homes or businesses. I have none of those worries personally, so my sadness about what I have given up is minor compared to the challenges faced by many others. Please stay safe, be considerate of others, and find some kind acts to help those in need. I just felt a need, after so many bitter exchanges, to share some personal thoughts. Maybe you will be encouraged to do the same.

Last edited:
Lol but it was completely fine for Huck to say what he said. I'm pretty sure I've posted exactly 2 things since you shut that thread down and you made a huge deal out of both, all while letting everything else go. The reason so many people are having a hard time understanding your rules is because you are saying you don't want people to discuss it and what you mean is you don't want people to say things you disagree with. You make that perfectly clear when you let Huck say what he did and go off on me for what I said.

PC, my response to you had nothing to do with politics. Nothing. I stated one fact, then some personal feelings. Read my new post. Most likely the last one I will write on the virus.

If you feel like I'm only calling out people that "agree" with me, you're not paying attention.

And don't worry about what others are doing on here. Worry about what you're doing. If we all do that, it will be a better place.

As a long-time season ticket holder and a 61 yr old man with a pre-existing condition, I'm really disappointed to see schools moving toward a fall football season. Apparently if I choose not to renew my season tickets this year because I don't want to risk my life prior to a vaccine being released, I will lose my seat and the friends I've made who sit around me for years. Very unfortunate, and not a great way to build fan loyalty during a time of declining fan attendance. And totally unnecessary when a spring season would bring in more revenue during the same fiscal year.
I would hope that they would offer single ticket sales for the seats where existing season ticket holders choose to not renew for the next year or two but intend to in the future.

If you feel like I'm only calling out people that "agree" with me, you're not paying attention.

And don't worry about what others are doing on here. Worry about what you're doing. If we all do that, it will be a better place.

I think I've done a pretty good job lately. I've bitten my tounge quite a bit lately because of all the other posts still going on.

PC, my response to you had nothing to do with politics. Nothing. I stated one fact, then some personal feelings. Read my new post. Most likely the last one I will write on the virus.
You said other people not social distancing was going to make you have to do it longer. It's the exact opposite of what I just got ripped for. My only point was IF what I said bad, then what you said was bad too.

That's what I was told by the UI ticket office today. If I don't renew this year for any reason, including C-19, my seats could be sold and lost. The person I talked with said many people have been calling with the same question, and same disappointment, which is not surprising given probably 30-40% of Kinnick fans on any given Saturday are over 60.
This is terrible by the UI if it holds true through fall. I would be pissed.

Not that he is somebody I would trust to make the right decision about this but it would be amazing if true!

I think I've done a pretty good job lately. I've bitten my tounge quite a bit lately because of all the other posts still going on.

I do my best to read every post on here when possible. I admit I don't read everything due to time constraints.

Which is another reason why just restricting conversation on here to Iowa sports might be the way to do.

I'm trying to treat people fairly. If it doesn't look like I am, then maybe it's time to install a no-COVID policy.

You said other people not social distancing was going to make you have to do it longer. It's the exact opposite of what I just got ripped for. My only point was IF what I said bad, then what you said was bad too.

OK. The statement I made about staying home was simply a comment, a factual one, about what I will do. If you think my post was “bad” as a comparison to yours, I respect your opinion. I really was not trying to start an argument with you, PC. Sorry.

I would hope that they would offer single ticket sales for the seats where existing season ticket holders choose to not renew for the next year or two but intend to in the future.

My guess is those season ticket holders who may choose not to attend will be selling those but doubtful any singles would get issued if we were targeting 30k or 35k in seating. Now if season ticket holders get a pass for the year and do not have to renew but are able to keep seats for 2021 then you may see some extras for sales.

Trice holds 61,500, so the Clowns are going for just under 50%.

If Kinnick Stadium holds 69,200, perhaps Iowa would aim for a similar percentage.

I do my best to read every post on here when possible. I admit I don't read everything due to time constraints.

Which is another reason why just restricting conversation on here to Iowa sports might be the way to do.

I'm trying to treat people fairly. If it doesn't look like I am, then maybe it's time to install a no-COVID policy.
I've said many times on here and mean it that you do a great job with the board. Its gotta be a tough job and you do it well. It would be all but impossible to never let personal opinion affect how you monitor. No hard feelings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts