Will Proctor And Nwankpa Be Here Next Year?

I'll cheer for 'Bama because I like Nick but committing to Alabama right now is about as dumb as buying JDSUniphase stock in 1999. When the SEC went to divisions the SEC East was king shit except for that first year when Stallings had that insane class of seniors at Bama. The current SEC West is, IMHO, going to turn into dogshit along with Clemson once NIL gets a few years to play out. Tennessee, Georgia and Florida are just gonna out-population everyone else. Texas maybe as well if they get their coach figured out.

Anyone who trusts any numbers thrown out from boosters and places ANY value in future payments beyond cash on the barrel delivered on signing date is an idiot. Their contracts are gonna be loaded with outs and incentives and shit. Imagine playing injured to hit an incentive and then aggravating it worse and ruining your pro career. That is absolutely going to happen to some kids. And these entities throwing out the numbers are not long standing legal entities with deep pockets. Say you run some collective. Say some kid isn't performing. Say Tony Gambini promised you $5 million a year for the collective and he's pissed the team went 9-3. Say Tony Gambini tells the collective to eat a bag of dicks, he's out. Say he gets whacked. Whatever. There's no fucking way there's an airtight contractual obligation from a credit worthy counterparty backing up any of this shit. "Some of it, you learn the hard way..."
How can anyone like Nick?

How can anyone like Nick?

Mr. Saban to you. Anyway, Nick runs a clean program. He knows how to win. He's one of the greatest coaches ever. He and Kirk were on staff with Belichick back in Cleveland. The only way someone could not like Nick is if they are a player hater or an Auburn fan.

I think they need to get away from the "verbal" commit stuff... It really doesn't mean anything. It'd be less of an issue with fans getting wound up and all in a tizzy when they supposedly decommit. Verbal's aren't binding contracts - unless your KF. Not many families teach that now-a-days...

Mr. Saban to you. Anyway, Nick runs a clean program. He knows how to win. He's one of the greatest coaches ever. He and Kirk were on staff with Belichick back in Cleveland. The only way someone could not like Nick is if they are a player hater or an Auburn fan.
ya but I remember Saban bitching about how Texas A and M was buying players.

And you know that's what he just did.

I wonder if other folks on here are thinking that college FB is bullshit nowadays and maybe finding other rewarding things to do with their Saturdays? I love the hawks, but college football is gross.

I'm an alum, donate, and buy season tickets and still travel to go to some games. I could take that money that I spend on watching Iowa and go to national parks, mountain bike more, go to the ocean, anything.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I'm really turned off with NIL, the portal, and coaches getting 9 mil.

Wouldn’t it make sense for Iowa to never offer 5 star guys? Even if they verbal they’ll almost never sign.

More concerning is, as someone else mentioned on one of the threads, it's not necessarily losing the 5* that is the worst part because there will always be a decent chance they go elsewhere in the end. The concern is who do you miss out on because of the 5* who verbals. The other poster mentioned us missing on a 4* OL b/c Proctor was 'committed.' Now we have neither. That's probably not a concern for schools that offer 300 kids and take their pick, but that's crushing for an Iowa.

I think they need to get away from the "verbal" commit stuff... It really doesn't mean anything. It'd be less of an issue with fans getting wound up and all in a tizzy when they supposedly decommit. Verbal's aren't binding contracts - unless your KF. Not many families teach that now-a-days...

Ditch the verbal and add a couple more signing days? That would only work for us if schools AND collectives (other than those associated with the committed school) were prohibited from contact with players who have signed a LOI. Otherwise, the poaching would still occur and our staff would let kids out of the LOI if they changed their mind. Not complaining about that because it's one of the things that I've respected about our coaches, but we would be at even more of a disadvantage.

I have to remind myself that we still have a damn good recruiting class coming in. Additionally, our recruiting, in spite of racial unrest, transfers galore, NIL, and a horrible offense, has been the best in recent years. And, except for QB’s, and that is crucial, we have continued to fill important vacancies. If our O line steps up in 2023, we can make some real progress.

They were collectively known as the "Slapees"

Eickholt also mentioned that Kaden had said Iowa 130th rated offense is the main reason he decomitted. If this is true, everyone knows there was only 1 reason why he decomitted. $$$$$. Period. No way in heck Iowa can compete with Alabama and their deep pockets.

Keeping this thread open for discussion other than Proctor.

If you want to talk Proctor it goes on the Proctor thread where you can talk about Proctor until you can’t talk Proctor no more.

Keeping this thread open for discussion other than Proctor.

If you want to talk Proctor it goes on the Proctor thread where you can talk about Proctor until you can’t talk Proctor no more.
So don’t talk about Proctor on this thread titled “Will Proctor and Nwankpa be here next year?” Makes sense…

Latest posts