Will Proctor And Nwankpa Be Here Next Year?

Altogether possible they lose Proctor, and if so, life will go on. But this seems like a really important "get" for the future trajectory of the program. If Iowa can demonstrate its ability to keep an elite talent home in the era of NIL, that says something. Proctor also addresses their major team weakness with as close to a "can't miss" guy as you are going to find. There are many examples of 5* QBs crapping out (see Graham Mertz and Hunter Johnson for recent and regional examples), but it is almost unheard for an OL (barring major injury).

Altogether possible they lose Proctor, and if so, life will go on. But this seems like a really important "get" for the future trajectory of the program. If Iowa can demonstrate its ability to keep an elite talent home in the era of NIL, that says something. Proctor also addresses their major team weakness with as close to a "can't miss" guy as you are going to find. There are many examples of 5* QBs crapping out (see Graham Mertz and Hunter Johnson for recent and regional examples), but it is almost unheard for an OL (barring major injury).
I recalled the name Blake Larson as I read your post. To a lesser extent, Dan Doerring.

I get your point though.

Saban will probably wrap it up with an offer to co-star with him in the Aflac commercials. I remember reading earlier this year that KP likes attention...........he's certainly receiving it. Collegiate free agency at work. Alabama has a lot of cards they can play for sure.

Hopefully his heart remains in Iowa and that will be enough to push this thing to a win for the good guys.

Agreed. He sounds like the next…blake larsen…:)

Agreed. He sounds like the next…blake larsen…:)

Apparently my intuition was way off...turns out, OL has the lowest draft rate for 5* players at any position. Who knew?

Good portion of the Oregon staff at Proctor residence last night. Mom is responding to a tweet that says Dan Lanning needs to upgrade his wardrobe

View attachment 9676
Have the "bagmen" Our boosters,have our staff bring Gold huh? Hawk 5 Star should stay at home. Money yells loud and often...
He could be just having the time of his life

Riding the waves of fame and publicity

Hopefully planing to sign with the Hawks

Hope springs eternal

:cool:
Like my "eternal" Search. Free beer tomorrow huh ? Happy hour at McCarthy's a swell substitute. As always, Go Hawks. Tough players and waay cool fans.

Do you have a source other than the thread on HR or speculators on Twitter?
All over twitter last night.... Eickholt indeed flipped his crystal ball on him. A dude named Bradley Heinrichs the head CEO of the Swarm collective had tweeted and then deleted "Tonight goes to show you that you should always believe a person's actions and not their words. Good luck at Alabama."

So needless to say his recent visit to Bama went well... Well can we miss what we never really had? If I'm KF I'd be beside myself. That's as much of a kick to the nuts as a guy can get. I would be curious to what if anything changed? Did Bama up their offer? I mean something clearly changed....

Hopefully his heart remains in Iowa and that will be enough to push this thing to a win for the good guys.
His heart was never in Iowa.

He was asked multiple times over the course of the past 2 years if he grew up wanting to play for Iowa and he said no. He didn't have a football team that he was a fan of. His mom was never sold on Iowa.

Dude was never gonna come here and we'll be fine. It's not like all of a sudden Proctor was going to add 3 wins to our schedule.