Will Mitchell/Wadley next yr be like Daniels/Wadley this year?

Davis will depart prior to spring practice. Not sure if before or after signing date. I could see it either way.

It would be nice to know why we haven't seen Mitchell for quit a while. Is he hurt Rob? Mitchell became a running back because he emulated Gordon on the scout team a few years back and they thought he did a great job doing it. He has shown flashes of that at times. Whatever's going on with Mitchell, I hope it gets cleared up (health, academics, etc...) because I think they will be an awesome tandem next year running the ball and they both are really good receivers...If a QB steps up (and one usually does) this offense could be better than it was this year with the whole offensive line coming back (I'm not counting Croston since he hasn't played in a month or more) and if Meerkat gets another year (like he should). It will have to be better as like some have said, the schedule is a little tougher next year.

It would be nice to know why we haven't seen Mitchell for quit a while. Is he hurt Rob? Mitchell became a running back because he emulated Gordon on the scout team a few years back and they thought he did a great job doing it. He has shown flashes of that at times. Whatever's going on with Mitchell, I hope it gets cleared up (health, academics, etc...) because I think they will be an awesome tandem next year running the ball and they both are really good receivers...If a QB steps up (and one usually does) this offense could be better than it was this year with the whole offensive line coming back (I'm not counting Croston since he hasn't played in a month or more) and if Meerkat gets another year (like he should). It will have to be better as like some have said, the schedule is a little tougher next year.
Does Croston have any eligibility after the bowl game?

I'd like to see what Toren Young can bring to the table. That kid was lighting it up in high school his senior year getting like 200 yards in the first half. He has the size to compliment Wadley. Toks got the garbage time carries so the coaches must like him but I've been curious to see Young ever since he committed. Wouldn't mind seeing Wadley and another back in the backfield at the same time next year. Seems like the threat of Wadley catching or running could really keep defenses on their toes.

Agree that things can be better with Mitchell. Also agree that it is a mystery as to why he doesn't see the field more. And I say that knowing it doesn't have to be at the RB position. But last year he got many touches within a 3 RB rotation, so . . .

I'd like to see what Toren Young can bring to the table. That kid was lighting it up in high school his senior year getting like 200 yards in the first half. He has the size to compliment Wadley. Toks got the garbage time carries so the coaches must like him but I've been curious to see Young ever since he committed. Wouldn't mind seeing Wadley and another back in the backfield at the same time next year. Seems like the threat of Wadley catching or running could really keep defenses on their toes.

Iowa will have plenty of talent next year. But I would hate to see the younger guys get touches at the expense of DMX. Still, nice to know what we have in reserve.

Isn't that one of the problems with this coaching staff,you don't get to see the field until the player in front of you gets hurt.You can't get depth by sitting on the bench,you need reps.

Isn't that one of the problems with this coaching staff,you don't get to see the field until the player in front of you gets hurt.You can't get depth by sitting on the bench,you need reps.
What? You think they should have some sort of participation rule like youth football? YOU EARN YOUR WAY ONTO THE FIELD ON THIS TEAM BUB (and on almost every college team), and if someone gets hurt, you better be ready cuz it's next man in. Demetia is a bear, huh grandpa............

I would like to see personnel decisions consider in-game performance as much as practice performance.

Lol,Make sure you knod your head in agreement with him then after you get the job do it your way.At least we'll have one season of innovation.
Yeah Josh, please tell us in great detail the offense you will be instilling! I can't wait to hear this! LOL.......If you went to a coaches meeting when they are scheming or game planning, they would lose you after the informal greetings......You 'crazies' are hilarious!

This is a good discussion, but I would add that the most important issue with our running backs next year is that we have at least three that are ready to go. There is a reason we had two running backs this year that each reached the 1,000 yard mark and it was not just the O line, though of course they were a big part of the equation.
I love Akrum's skill set and want him to get a lot of carries, but it is just as important that we have someone right behind him that can be a threat. The day and age of a single running back getting 35 carries a game is long over.

This is a good discussion, but I would add that the most important issue with our running backs next year is that we have at least three that are ready to go. There is a reason we had two running backs this year that each reached the 1,000 yard mark and it was not just the O line, though of course they were a big part of the equation.
I love Akrum's skill set and want him to get a lot of carries, but it is just as important that we have someone right behind him that can be a threat. The day and age of a single running back getting 35 carries a game is long over.

The offense will have weapons, no doubt. Fant looks good and I expect he isn't the only one. WR's can show some growth with another year in the system. I plan on hunting AIRBHG in the off-season with Dandy Vandy and our trusted arrows.

I would enjoy seeing our offense carry the defense a little next year. But I anticipate our defense being stout again. I see us in the hunt for the West in 2017. First year QBs are magic.

Of course much of this hinges on what happens with the OC position.

I was impressed with Mitchell last year. Good moves (NW spin move TD) and his ability to catch and block should be positives. Something must have happened internally to have him not play. KF rarely plays TFR @ RB due to ball security issues. But KF has been known not to play the "best" and then when they come in they do really well (Rugamba vs Mabin).

I was impressed with Mitchell last year. Good moves (NW spin move TD) and his ability to catch and block should be positives. Something must have happened internally to have him not play. KF rarely plays TFR @ RB due to ball security issues. But KF has been known not to play the "best" and then when they come in they do really well (Rugamba vs Mabin).

There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that none of us know about. But because people are anonymous they can pretend they are insiders and start some real **** on message boards.

Latest posts