Will Mitchell/Wadley next yr be like Daniels/Wadley this year?

Dude, you literally know nothing about football if you think a 180 lbs running back should be carrying the ball 250+ times a year.

Wanna make a bet Homer about who has more carries vs Florida? I will bet that Wadley gets more carries as the matchup is better for him than Daniels, and also with a month to rest, and then the offseason, keeping him healthy won't be a concern.
Daniels is more suited to be a fullback. Not in the sense of the dopey Iowa offense using the fullback primarily as a blocker and carrying the ball every other month. Give him some plays every game where Daniels runs the ball from the fullback position. Lord knows, Daniels can't catch the pass.Quit running sweeps with Daniels. He just doesn't have the speed to successfully carry that off or Wadley has more the speed to carry that off than LD. Running LD in sweeps and catching the pass over AW would be like playing Stanley or Weigers (or Jewell) over CJ at QB.

Side note:That curse of the Iowa running back always getting injured? AIRBHG (sic)? Is that so mysterious when you consider KF demands every Iowa running back to be a sledgehammer against the defense?

Daniels is more suited to be a fullback. Not in the sense of the dopey Iowa offense using the fullback primarily as a blocker and carrying the ball every other month. Give him some plays every game where Daniels runs the ball from the fullback position. Lord knows, Daniels can't catch the pass.Quit running sweeps with Daniels. He just doesn't have the speed to successfully carry that off or Wadley has more the speed to carry that off than LD. Running LD in sweeps and catching the pass over AW would be like playing Stanley or Weigers (or Jewell) over CJ at QB.

It doesn't surprise me that a guy who thinks the D was the problem this year also thinks Daniels is a FB.

Get a clue Homer, there are lot is legitimate criticisms of this program and you choose to make things up.......the D is the proble?? Daniels is a FB???? LOL man

And what position is LD going to play in the NFL?
Running back? Daniels would be far from one of the slower backs in the NFL. Calling Daniels slow is just wrong. In comparison to Wadley? Yeah, but Daniels has some wheels that people don't give him credit for. You don't bust a 60 or 70 yard run based on power or cutbacks alone.

Side note:That curse of the Iowa running back always getting injured? AIRBHG (sic)? Is that so mysterious when you consider KF demands every Iowa running back to be a sledgehammer against the defense?

It is mysterious because it's not like they were coming off the field with broken ribs or dislocated shoulders. How many injuries can you think of over the years that could have been prevented with more weight? When you weigh less, big hits might hurt more, but they don't injure more. And like you said, small quick backs don't get hit hard near as often. I wonder how many times Wadley got rocked good this year.

Holy Shite Homer, why does it have to be a zero sum game with you all the time.. Daniels is a legit P5 Running Back, he just happens to be a big one. He essentially split carries with another RB and still ran for 1000 yards, in an offense with Zero threat to pass, yeah, FB's don't do that.

Daniels is not Weisman(still love that guy but HE is a FB). Is Daniels "better" than Wadley, no he's not, he's simply a completely different back.

This is not me saying I would rather Daniels carry the ball over Wadley, and to be fair I would have liked Wadley to have a few more carries/game this year, but not more than 3-4 more). But to say the guy is more suited to be a fullback is just silly man. c'mon.

Latest posts