Will Mitchell/Wadley next yr be like Daniels/Wadley this year?

What?!? You're gonna be the OC next year? LOL!!

f_6e8c7eb14d.jpg

Why would you say that,I'm hoping Mitchell has a breakout year.
Give Toks the spot behind Wadley next year. I like the idea of having a RB 3 years from now with 3 years of experience.

There's obviously something sketchy going on with Mitchell behind the scenes otherwise you would have seen him playing this year. Could be an injury, grades, attitude; could be a million things. After basically sitting an entire year the guy is a sunk ship at RB and I think the program would be better served getting the younger guys time on the field.

If Akinribade and Young are the future at that spot and are ready to go why would you waste a year?

WTH has Toks showed this year?!?
Not a lot obviously. But they have a good idea after having him on campus for a year what he's capable of and how fast he is. He was pretty highly sought after too. I'm not saying this with any certainty just a feeling. I think Mitchell is a 3rd down and occasional player. I don't see him being a bell cow runner even though yes he may have the frame and capabilities of it. It's up to the coaches time will tell.

Not a lot obviously. But they have a good idea after having him on campus for a year what he's capable of and how fast he is. He was pretty highly sought after too. I'm not saying this with any certainty just a feeling. I think Mitchell is a 3rd down and occasional player. I don't see him being a bell cow runner even though yes he may have the frame and capabilities of it. It's up to the coaches time will tell.

Michigan was the only team stronger than Iowa to offer him. I imagine that M offering would speak to his speed. Speed kills. I also think people under estimate LD's mid stride acceleration after he crosses the line and into the 2ndary. It surprises people.

What type of speed does Toks show?

Michigan was the only team stronger than Iowa to offer him. I imagine that M offering would speak to his speed. Speed kills. I also think people under estimate LD's mid stride acceleration after he crosses the line and into the 2ndary. It surprises people.

What type of speed does Toks show?
Good points, but Daniels got caught from behind in the Nebraska game where Wadley wouldn't. His speed isn't really that great. He's got the Eddie Lacy or Ricky Williams running style. Akrum Wadley has to find a hole and be quick through it. Daniels can make a hole and drag defenders 3 or 4 yards consistently.

I assumed they like Young better than Toks, since Toks year was burnt with garbage carries while Young was a full read shirt and ready to go at it next year. Just my opinion.

Give Toks the spot behind Wadley next year. I like the idea of having a RB 3 years from now with 3 years of experience.

There's obviously something sketchy going on with Mitchell behind the scenes otherwise you would have seen him playing this year. Could be an injury, grades, attitude; could be a million things. After basically sitting an entire year the guy is a sunk ship at RB and I think the program would be better served getting the younger guys time on the field.

If Akinribade and Young are the future at that spot and are ready to go why would you waste a year?

If he has more talent the team isn't better served by a coach enforcing a grudge.

I got it. This is another one of those, "Game day doesn't matter . . . practice does.":rolleyes:

I assumed they like Young better than Toks, since Toks year was burnt with garbage carries while Young was a full read shirt and ready to go at it next year. Just my opinion.

With this staff, it is hard to figure out their personnel choices at times . . . and easy to figure out their schemes.

If he has more talent the team isn't better served by a coach enforcing a grudge.
There's no way to say for sure it's a grudge. I think 100% of us would be surprised what actually happens behind closed doors in an NCAA football program (except for Ickehawk because he goes to all the meetings).

Maybe the kid's been sucking in practice. Only Ickehawk knows the answer to that.

Even if it were a grudge, I still say play Toks. He's got Wadley to fall back on and the experience can only help.

The same way I thought Stanley should have started playing after NW. He couldn't have done much worse than the worst Hawk passing season in the last 3 decades plus.

There's no way to say for sure it's a grudge. I think 100% of us would be surprised what actually happens behind closed doors in an NCAA football program (except for Ickehawk because he goes to all the meetings).

Maybe the kid's been sucking in practice. Only Ickehawk knows the answer to that.

Even if it were a grudge, I still say play Toks. He's got Wadley to fall back on and the experience can only help.

The same way I thought Stanley should have started playing after NW. He couldn't have done much worse than the worst Hawk passing season in the last 3 decades plus.

I don't mind you having your opinion on what's best for next year. I just don't think you have evidence to support it.

I got it. This is another one of those, "Game day doesn't matter . . . practice does.":rolleyes:
So your one of those guys that has to always try and read between everyones lines and ignore what was wrote?
That's not what I wrote at all. If that's the case there's never be a freshman playing over an upper classmen ever right? And I could flip that around what's Mitchells body of work shown that he could be a bell cow? He hasn't done a whole lot either. More than Toks obviously but hardly enough to say for sure he's the next big thing. They'll all be there in spring ball and we'll see how it sorts out. Wadley will get as many touches as he can physically handle based on what's needed. Outside that it's a crap shoot.

Latest posts