Will KaDarryl Bell be our 2nd 2012 commit?

I didn't realize we had offered Lee. Does the staff just follow around the ISU staff and offer whoever they've already been on? This is starting to get ridiculous.

I didn't realize we had offered Lee. Does the staff just follow around the ISU staff and offer whoever they've already been on? This is starting to get ridiculous.

I didn't realize there was a pattern to this? Are there other examples? I think you are mistaken on the frequency even though it would be purely coincidence.

Yet another example of Fran's eye for under-the-radar talent.

Yes, exactly. If Fran's recruits get to campus and aren't producing squat in a couple of years, then we can go ahead and start to criticize Fran's recruiting. But so far, we haven't seen that. So I'm going to give Fran the benefit of the doubt, especially since his two recruits (Basabe & Cartwright) have both turned out pretty good. Neither of those guys were really highly sought after either, but I think we're all glad to have them. Arguably the two best players on the team.

We're almost certainly taking 2 PGs, and I'm sure Fran has told Gessell as much.

Fran better be taking two point guards in this class. Also, it's not like Stanford is offering immediate playing time either. Chasson Randle will be a freshman there this season.

Yes, exactly. If Fran's recruits get to campus and aren't producing squat in a couple of years, then we can go ahead and start to criticize Fran's recruiting. But so far, we haven't seen that. So I'm going to give Fran the benefit of the doubt, especially since his two recruits (Basabe & Cartwright) have both turned out pretty good. Neither of those guys were really highly sought after either, but I think we're all glad to have them. Arguably the two best players on the team.

Saying that he recruits better players than Todd Lickliter is not exactly a ringing endorsement!

You guys seem to be over-valuing Besabe and Cartwright because they actually have a pulse, when in reality they are slightly above average Big 10 players who play on a bad team.

Saying that he recruits better players than Todd Lickliter is not exactly a ringing endorsement!

You guys seem to be over-valuing Besabe and Cartwright because they actually have a pulse, when in reality they are slightly above average Big 10 players who play on a bad team.

Iowa basketball has been terrible for 5 years now. Of course we are going to overvalue our best players.

My main question is why do you post here? You're not an Iowa fan, and you don't appear to be a Big 10 fan. Why would you spend your time discussing an irrelevant basketball program that you're not a fan of?

You sure know a lot about Iowa. Just cut it with the act please, its getting old.

Cartwright led the league in assists in conference games last year, and Basabe would have been the Freshman of the Year if it hadn't been for a kid named Sullinger, so yeah, they are just marginal players.

I didn't realize there was a pattern to this? Are there other examples? I think you are mistaken on the frequency even though it would be purely coincidence.

Outside of Niang, Gibson and Lee? Yeah, Javontae Hawkins, Kenny Gaines and JP Tokoto come to mind. Now I don't think any of the other 4 are going to end up at Iowa or our neighbors to the west (I think Tokoto committed to UNC), but it seems to be popping up quite a bit.

Latest posts