Will KaDarryl Bell be our 2nd 2012 commit?

YES

Niang not scared off by rebuilding | Hawk Central

Iowa offered me (a scholarship) before I even got out there,â€￾ Niang said. “I talk to coach Francis all the time and sometimes we don’t even talk about basketball.
“We just talk about life and stuff like that. He’s just a real dude and I enjoy talking to him.â€￾
Niang said he has about 15 scholarship offers at this stage, but that Iowa was the first major college to extend an offer.

Unless you don't consider ISU a major college, in which I would understand

Well that makes it sting even more. If we were on the kid first and Hoiberg was able to swoop in and grab him without much issue, it makes me worry.

I feel that we lost out on a good one there. The kid fills up the stat sheet against top level competition on a constant basis.

Let me guess...you expected five star prospects lining up outside of Carver by now. Man some of you just will never understand how college basketball works. Especially with Caff's circumstances of having to bring a program back from the dead. And without any coaching holdovers from the previous administration. New relationships have to be formed and that takes time. All things considered, Caff has done a tremendous job of recruiting so far. If your ability to analyze basketball is limited to star ratings, than all of this goes over your head anyway.

I played college sports bud. Sure not college basketball but I was around it enough and understand it. I never expected Fran to get 5 star recruits. Way to jump off the ledge though. Be a grown up next time and post your disagreements without jumping to the extreme.

I don't expect Fran to get 5 stars. There are only 25 a year in that category and 1/3 of those go to UNC, Kentucky, and Duke. I don't expect him to get top 100 guys either but one here or there would be nice. But I would like to see him sign more guys before the spring and I would like to see him beat out some other major schools. Beating out teams like Drake and Ohio doesn't get me excited about the talent coming in.

Like I said though, if he can land Woodbury, it would go a long way to showing he can recruit against the big boys.

I played college sports bud. Sure not college basketball but I was around it enough and understand it. I never expected Fran to get 5 star recruits. Way to jump off the ledge though. Be a grown up next time and post your disagreements without jumping to the extreme.

I don't expect Fran to get 5 stars. There are only 25 a year in that category and 1/3 of those go to UNC, Kentucky, and Duke. I don't expect him to get top 100 guys either but one here or there would be nice. But I would like to see him sign more guys before the spring and I would like to see him beat out some other major schools. Beating out teams like Drake and Ohio doesn't get me excited about the talent coming in.

Like I said though, if he can land Woodbury, it would go a long way to showing he can recruit against the big boys.

I'm thrilled with the job that Fran has done so far! We were dead men walking after 3 years of Lick! It would be nice to sign Woodbury, but we'll be fine whether we get him or not.

I'm thrilled with the job that Fran has done so far! We were dead men walking after 3 years of Lick! It would be nice to sign Woodbury, but we'll be fine whether we get him or not.

I don't think Woodbury is a make or break recruit but I think he is a huge momentum gainer if we get him. You beat out Ohio State for a recruit and you use that with other recruits. In just gets the rebuilding process started that much earlier

If you didn't play college BB how is your opinion (as a college gymnast) anymore relevant than anyone else's? ;):D

Just kidding of course! Seriously though I think the real measuring stick of Fran will be who he brings in '12 and '13. He has had some time to recruit those kids, and we will see. In the meantime he needs to show that the less heralded kids he does bring in are good performers. Like Basabe and Cartwright. I think White will prove to be a good one, along with Hubbard and Oleseni, and Oglesby. I also think Meyer will be a good one. I think Fran is confident which means when he sees a kid he likes, he is going to offer no matter who else has offered. He isn't going to wait until another major program offers to confirm what he already knows (that the kids can play big time D-1 Basketball). This helped us get White, Oleseni, and Meyer. This is why it doesn't bother me if others haven't offered Bell.....

Fran was never going to win any early recruiting "battles". The fact we were in it to the end with Cezar shows how good Fran will ultimately be when this program starts winning! I do agree that Woodbury isn't a make or break recruit. Yet it will be huge for recruiting, keeping the big boys away, and could springboard into a very good remaining '12 class. It could also go a long ways to making the '13 class special.

Last edited:
If you didn't play college BB how is your opinion (as a college gymnast) anymore relevant than anyone else's? ;):D

Gymnasts are pretty stacked dude...I'd watch yourself!! I wouldn't want to tell a buddy I got beat up by a gymnast :eek:

Latest posts