Will KaDarryl Bell be our 2nd 2012 commit?

Outside of Niang, Gibson and Lee? Yeah, Javontae Hawkins, Kenny Gaines and JP Tokoto come to mind. Now I don't think any of the other 4 are going to end up at Iowa or our neighbors to the west (I think Tokoto committed to UNC), but it seems to be popping up quite a bit.

LOL. Obviously both schools are high on similar kids. There's nothing wrong with having offers out to the same guys as ISU. For instance, Tokoto is obviously a good player because he is going to UNC. So I'm fine if both schools have offers out to the same kids.

LOL. Obviously both schools are high on similar kids. There's nothing wrong with having offers out to the same guys as ISU. For instance, Tokoto is obviously a good player because he is going to UNC. So I'm fine if both schools have offers out to the same kids.

I'm not saying that the two schools aren't going after high quality kids, thats not the point at all. What I'm wondering is why does it consistently seem that Hoibergs staff is getting there first. A big part of the recruiting game is getting in on these guys early and Iowa needs any advantages we can get right now.

Outside of Niang, Gibson and Lee? Yeah, Javontae Hawkins, Kenny Gaines and JP Tokoto come to mind. Now I don't think any of the other 4 are going to end up at Iowa or our neighbors to the west (I think Tokoto committed to UNC), but it seems to be popping up quite a bit.

I beleive Iowa was in on Niang first. Tokoto is a top PF, yeah hard to not offer a ship there. As for the others, sometimes a school needs to wait to see if the prospect is interested before offering. Iowa isn't following Fred around

I'm not saying that the two schools aren't going after high quality kids, thats not the point at all. What I'm wondering is why does it consistently seem that Hoibergs staff is getting there first. A big part of the recruiting game is getting in on these guys early and Iowa needs any advantages we can get right now.

Both Iowa and ISU changed head coaches 14 months ago. Iowa came in with an entirely new staff. Hoiberg retained TJ Olzamber(sp),ISU's ace recruiter,who has considerable ties to Michigan,Wis,and prep schools. Hence,ISU continued to recruit the same players as when Mac was there...including Niang,Tokoto,Ray Lee,ect. Iowa is starting from scratch,and clearly works the same regions.

I beleive Iowa was in on Niang first. Tokoto is a top PF, yeah hard to not offer a ship there. As for the others, sometimes a school needs to wait to see if the prospect is interested before offering. Iowa isn't following Fred around

YES

Niang not scared off by rebuilding | Hawk Central

Iowa offered me (a scholarship) before I even got out there,” Niang said. “I talk to coach Francis all the time and sometimes we don’t even talk about basketball.
“We just talk about life and stuff like that. He’s just a real dude and I enjoy talking to him.”
Niang said he has about 15 scholarship offers at this stage, but that Iowa was the first major college to extend an offer.

Unless you don't consider ISU a major college, in which I would understand

Wow! Talk about an obvious troll!

Why does that comment make him a troll? I'm very uneasy about Fran's recruiting so far. It's been below average compared to teams we will be playing in Big 10. But, I will feel a lot better if we can land Woodbury!! Kid's a big time prospect.

Why does that comment make him a troll? I'm very uneasy about Fran's recruiting so far. It's been below average compared to teams we will be playing in Big 10. But, I will feel a lot better if we can land Woodbury!! Kid's a big time prospect.

Let me guess...you expected five star prospects lining up outside of Carver by now. Man some of you just will never understand how college basketball works. Especially with Caff's circumstances of having to bring a program back from the dead. And without any coaching holdovers from the previous administration. New relationships have to be formed and that takes time. All things considered, Caff has done a tremendous job of recruiting so far. If your ability to analyze basketball is limited to star ratings, than all of this goes over your head anyway.

Latest posts