Will KaDarryl Bell be our 2nd 2012 commit?

1111Hawk

When asked on twitter if he would be following his friend Reese Fleming to Iowa, KaKarryl responded "Its a good chance I will".
Fingers crossed that this is not another Eli Carter situation, he looks like a good one.
It also may start the Chicago pipeline that some posters on here have been so concerned about.

Good heads up there...

A lot of Twitter talk from him and Reese.

"S/O to all the Iowa fam" -
https://twitter.com/#!/KaDarryl_Bell/status/85054254343139328

In reply to a question about coming to Iowa w/ Reese - "its a good chance I will"
https://twitter.com/#!/KaDarryl_Bell/status/85059249830510593

Reese wrote this a couple days ago:
"@ my bestfriend house Kadarryl Bell one of the top point guards in the nat. Iowa has offered the guy & all we need is him to be a hawk eye."

https://twitter.com/#!/ReeseFleming9/status/84284214052261888

I know a Bell commitment would probably worry a lot of folks in regards to Gessel. But you had to figure we were going to take two PG's in this class anyway. Bell would be a nice addition.

Only other two schools to offer are Drake and Ohio? Color me unimpressed both with this offer and Fran's recruiting so far.

Only other two schools to offer are Drake and Ohio? Color me unimpressed both with this offer and Fran's recruiting so far.

At the time he committed to Penn State, Taylor Battle had offers from Penn State, UMass and Sienna.

Worked out well for the Nits

I love quotes like these. It's much better to show your ignorance right off the bat than pretending to be something you're not. I tip my hat to ya.

What's funny is if a player like Bell ended up being unsigned towards the late signing period deadline, then all of a sudden he would have multiple offers from schools trying to fill holes. And then he would be considered a "must get" by the masses because he had received a lot of late interest from multiple schools. Even though he was essentially the same player in June.

Either you can identify talent early on or you can't. I think most of us are going to side with Fran's eye for talent over yours.

Another player Fran offered and came close to getting at Sienna that many other schools didn't pay attention to: Jimmer Fredette...BYU and Sienna were the primary schools after him.

A poster on Illini board says Bell is getting interest from half the Big Ten. Also says more offers will come in july after coaches get time to evaluate him. Has had a good summer of AAU ball thus far. Thinks he is probably the top PG (2012) in Illinois.

I am one of those who has been concerned about the Chicago pipeline. Getting Bell on board would be a good step in that direction.

Of the three guys that Iowa has offered at PG, he seems to be the least pursued, hopefully Iowa can land Gesell and Lee.

It's silly to be critical of the recruiting efforts thus far. What does Iowa have to entice kids with "better" offers? Keep in mind that it doesn't take much to qualify as a better offer given our recent history. The coaching staff is trying to build a foundation where there wasn't one and that takes time. B-ball got White and football got Hamilton from the same high school. Allegedly b-ball is interested in one of Meyer's AAU teammates from the ATL and guys like Basabe and Marble have been instrumental in the recruitment of Hubbard and Olaseni. Pretty sure the recruits have we landed and missed out on would not have even been on Lickliter's radar, so let's not lose perspective on where we have been.

A poster on Illini board says Bell is getting interest from half the Big Ten. Also says more offers will come in july after coaches get time to evaluate him. Has had a good summer of AAU ball thus far. Thinks he is probably the top PG (2012) in Illinois.

Really? The top PG in Illinois has one major offer going into his senior season?

Getting Bell and Meyer are important because of their aau teams and hometowns, if they come and have success we could have future recruits with even more talent, I like Fran's plan. Hopefully, Woodbury and Gessell do too.

I don't see a Bell offer being a conflict with Gessell. Cartwright, Gatens graduate and Hubbard will be a senior, so we need PG and SG help. I don't think these kids expect to have 0 competition where they go, as it comes with the territory.

Latest posts