will gabe start next year

I know at this point Fran isn't worried about next year, but I think if he were more open to the idea we would have seen the 2 on the floor at the same time at some point this year and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe both have ever been on the floor at the same time this year

So I'll say no to both starting.

Will Gabe start? Probably not.

Will he average over 20 minutes a game? Maybe. Same for Woody.

Fran talked about playing them together THIS YEAR in the preseason. We are losing our starting PF and backup. There are minutes to be had in that position. Woody and Gabe have shown enough range (15 ft) to go hi/lo action together. Defensively, they both can play on the perimeter.

Everybody is comparing Woody to Gabe; I'd argue we should be comparing Gabe to Mel. I'd argue that Gabe is very similar to Mel just 3 inches taller (and minus that extra Slime my main man Mel brings to the table).

We are giving Atwood way too much credit here. Our centers are doing it against Michigan, not Porterville Junior College.

In short, I think we will see slight overlapping of minutes between the two next year where they run as a 4 and 5 combo.

Latest posts