will gabe start next year

PCHawk

With the way Gabe is improving he will probably be one of our top 5 guys next year. The way I see it is Fran has 2 options. One is to move White to the 4 and have Uthoff start at the 3. Then we would need another guard, probably Josh O. The other option is to have Gabe start at the 4 and leave White at the 3.I think that's probably going to be our best lineup unless Uthoff improves as much as Gabe did this year.

Of course its possible that Gabe will make another huge jump next year too. If that happens he could end up being the best player on the team. I think the only reason not to start him would be foul concerns but you could always sit one down if they get an early foul.

I've heard of point forwards but will he be the first ever point center? It will be pretty sweet watching him lead the fast break and throwing up oops to himself.

Yes gabe will start next year. FOR THE LAKERS. He is going to improve so much by the end of our national championship run, he will easily be a lottery pick.

Now let's get real. Gabe will not start. Although he could. I believe Woody was promised four years of starting. In any case, Woody has and continues to earn his starting spot. We should see some of the twin towers looks next year, but sparingly. Fran will probably choose to sub them for each other to reduce fouls, occasionally overlapping them in certain stretches or situations. Playing time will depend on foul trouble a lot. Hopefully this persuades both of them to play smart defense and have good positioning. Gabe doesn't seem the type to mind being a sixth man. Who knows what kind of development will come in a year's time with either of these two. They have both taken huge strides forward.

I meant start beside woody not instead of him. I don't think there is much chance if any to start instead of him.

I see no reason for Gabe not to move to the 4. Leave White at three and bring Uthoff off the bench.

Fran is all about match-ups in his starting line-up. This year, he has been careful to have either Basabe, Gabe, or Uthoff in the line-up as an athletic shot-blocker. If the same holds true next year, either Uthoff or Gabe will start. What if GO is the better option? If so, we might find him starting over Woody, especially since he'll be a senior and Woody a junior. Since Basabe and Gabe have been noted as having the same kind of role, it is Basabe and not Woody who is ahead of Gabe.

Since Basabe and Gabe have been noted as having the same kind of role, it is Basabe and not Woody who is ahead of Gabe.
If this is true, when have you seen Woody and Gabe on the court at the same time as the 4 and 5? Because I haven't seen it. Not once. Gabe has played as a center, period.

Who cares who starts?

There is only 1 BB, so let woody start, set picks, for others, white, Gesell and uthoff.

Let Gabe come off the bench and give him the ball to score when those 3 are on the bench.

To me, it's more about mns played, and scoring opportunities/min.

If this is true, when have you seen Woody and Gabe on the court at the same time as the 4 and 5? Because I haven't seen it. Not once. Gabe has played as a center, period.

Are you saying that Gabe and Woody are identical players that bring the same skill sets to the floor? Two players can play different positions and bring a couple of similar skills to the floor.

I didn't say anything about their skill sets at all. Just the fact that they have never been played that way. Basabe and Woody have played together. Gabe and Basabe have played together. Gabe and Woody have not played together. Im'm ultimately saying that it is indeed Woody who is "in front of" Gabe. Not Basabe.

I didn't say anything about their skill sets at all. Just the fact that they have never been played that way. Basabe and Woody have played together. Gabe and Basabe have played together. Gabe and Woody have not played together. Im'm ultimately saying that it is indeed Woody who is "in front of" Gabe. Not Basabe.
But you've seldom seen a time when both Gabe and Basabe were off the floor. And at those few times that they were, then Uthoff was probably on the floor. I'm not comparing positions, that's the point. I'm saying that Fran keeps certain skills that these particular guys have on the floor for the team at any given time, regardless of position. The guys that have those skills this year are Gabe, Basabe, and Uthoff. Next year, it will be Gabe, Uthoff, and ???

But you've seldom seen a time when both Gabe and Basabe were off the floor. And at those few times that they were, then Uthoff was probably on the floor. I'm not comparing positions, that's the point. I'm saying that Fran keeps certain skills that these particular guys have on the floor for the team at any given time, regardless of position. The guys that have those skills this year are Gabe, Basabe, and Uthoff. Next year, it will be Gabe, Uthoff, and ???
I just don't think that Fran decides to insert ___ player into lineup because he is a shot blocker etc.. It just so happens that they block shots. Fran is making these decisions by matchup and rest rotation, and by position 3, 4 , and 5, not because he has to have another shot blocker to compensate for Woody not really having that skill.

Splitting hairs. It doesn't really matter why fran chooses to play both of them at the 5 position. He is. I'm just saying that IMO Gabe will not start. He can average a double double next year, and he will still be a sixth man (or tenth man as our hockey style line changes go), and he will still be ok with that fact and flourish

Who cares who starts?

There is only 1 BB, so let woody start, set picks, for others, white, Gesell and uthoff.

Let Gabe come off the bench and give him the ball to score when those 3 are on the bench.

To me, it's more about mns played, and scoring opportunities/min.

I care. I think it would be cool to start the twin towers. That and typically your best 5 start. So if you don't care who starts I can re word the question for you. Do you think Gabe will be one of the best 5 players next year?

I just don't think that Fran decides to insert ___ player into lineup because he is a shot blocker etc.. It just so happens that they block shots. Fran is making these decisions by matchup and rest rotation, and by position 3, 4 , and 5, not because he has to have another shot blocker to compensate for Woody not really having that skill.

I agree with this post but I don't really agree with you about Gabe not starting. I think there is a very good chance he improves to the point where you have to have him on the court as much as possible. The best way to do that is start him. If he takes another jump like he did last year, he will be NBA material. You don't bring a guy like that off the benc

Latest posts