Will BF Be OC Next Spring?

Will BF be OC next spring?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nope!! No way no how! BF won’t even be with the program. That’s quite a demotion at this level and he will find a gig in the NFL.
So... if BFz leaves for the NFL (or another job) does that portend the end of KFz's tenure? It's easy to think that part of why KFz is still coaching is that he loves doing it with his kid...and perhaps that he thought he could work BFz into position to take over.

With that angle gone, does he lose interest and step down in the next year or two?

He may step down after McNamara's 2 years. Can't believe Cade would come here knowing Brian would still be OC. Perfect exit for him and brand new start for head coach with that dual threat at QB from Florida.

I think he is. The captain doesn't give 2 craps what fans think.
ultimately the game plans were run the way Kirk wanted it to be done. Why fire someone that is doing exactly what you ask? Especially when that someone is your son, and you know there is zero risk any repurcussions, because you are the god of Iowa football

This is the correct answer.

Based on the way Gary talked abou it, and an other in the media mentioned this may be Brian's last game...I'm staring to think he may not be back as OC.

So what your saying Dorothy there really is a Santa Claus.

Agree.
Based on his recent comment I think he steps down.
Whether he is out of the program entirely is another question.

I am good with him sticking around to recruit and coach tight ends. You do have to give him credit there.

Ok, I will quit with the snarky comments and enjoy the rest of everyone’s comments. I think if he does leave it is to salvage his dad’s legacy and the good will of a significant amount of the fan base.

What ever happens as always I wish the best for the program. If he stays I honestly wish him the best and that though some unknown miracle he turns every thing around.

Look we cheered for him as a Iowa player, so of course we would want him to be successful if he stays on. I don’t think most think he can turn it around but stranger things have happened but not too often.

My guess is that Brian will step away from the program, primarily to take the pressure off his dad. I don't see a demotion happening.

I may be in the minority, but to me the bigger failure is Barnett. I've been an Iowa fan for 50 years, and I don't recall ever seeing an offensive line as fundamentally poor as this one. To a man, they are all waist-benders with poor pad levels and lateral movement skills. You can have the best play-caller in the country, but it all starts at the line of scrimmage - poor offensive line play is an absolute killer.

So... if BFz leaves for the NFL (or another job) does that portend the end of KFz's tenure? It's easy to think that part of why KFz is still coaching is that he loves doing it with his kid...and perhaps that he thought he could work BFz into position to take over.

With that angle gone, does he lose interest and step down in the next year or two?
BF is not the OC, because KF will not be the head coach.... KF way more emotional these last couple days, shows all the signs of Roy Williams, Jay Wright, who are done with NIL / transfer portal world.

Then KF doesn't have to make a BF decision and there is still a lawsuit scheduled for trial in March that may be mostly moot if KF is not the head coach

BF is not the OC, because KF will not be the head coach.... KF way more emotional these last couple days, shows all the signs of Roy Williams, Jay Wright, who are done with NIL / transfer portal world.

Then KF doesn't have to make a BF decision and there is still a lawsuit scheduled for trial in March that may be mostly moot if KF is not the head coach
This is very plausible. Closest to win / win for all involved.

Latest posts