Will BF Be OC Next Spring?

Will BF be OC next spring?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
All you need to know is when Kirk says he doesn't play golf... He has nothing else in his life except coaching and family. We are stuck in groundhog's day.
I don’t blame Kirk for this at all. It’s the AD and administration that lets him and others (at other universities) get away with it by building up so much power

I'm in the camp of what I think and what I wish being different...

I think he'll be back as OC. And I think that even more so after having heard some of his press conference when being asked by Leistikow if he'd heard all the criticism. His response to it was as predictably smug as you'd imagine. The part where he'd said he thought he'd done the best he could with what he had was what got me. He was totally throwing the Oline and Qb under the bus if you heard his whole quote. While not totally not wrong it's not something an OC should be saying. Who recruited those guys? Who's job was it to develop Petras, Padilla and the Oline? Petras showed zero improvement from the first time he played 3 yrs ago to now. Yet BF took zero responsibility for any of that.

I wish he'd accept a demotion to OL coach and run game coordinator. Hell slap associate HC on his title if he's so gung ho on labels. But I just don't think he would. His ego is what it is. And Daddy won't fire him and Barta knows Daddy is the real boss so everything just is what it is....

If a job is taken away from him it'll be the QB coach part and they promote Budmayr. But hell even that might be wishful thinking on my part. They may just be all in on Cade along with the Oline being a yr older hopefully being the savior to the program. No pressure kid...

I think Brian's shot at HC is done.
Honestly I think that's been off the table for a few yrs. The last couple just totally solidified it. There's no way he's qualified. What MAC school would hire him? If there's literally no other job that would want him then why the hell should Iowa? My best guess is Barta and KF will eventually bow out about the same time. Hopefully a new AD would make this hire and it'll be a clean break. I wish a guy like Woods was ready to take it over. He's 10 X the guy BF is. Has more then paid his dues. I'm just afraid that since he hasn't been a coordinator yet he wouldn't even be considered.

They just lured in a transfer receiver from powerhouse Charleston U. That tells you all you need to know in regards to how they see things. They’ll hope for a better running game and keep on throwing to backs and tight ends while using receivers as decoys or extra blockers downfield. That’s how the Ferentz’ see offensive football. Nothing would change with the offense regardless who was coaching the qb position or who was OC

They just lured in a transfer receiver from powerhouse Charleston U. That tells you all you need to know in regards to how they see things. They’ll hope for a better running game and keep on throwing to backs and tight ends while using receivers as decoys or extra blockers downfield. That’s how the Ferentz’ see offensive football. Nothing would change with the offense regardless who was coaching the qb position or who was OC
I just saw on Hawk Central that IA is .700 over the last 8 years, which is really good. Yet, they could have been much closer to .800 with just a little bit better offense.

Not with a great offense, just a borderline mediocre offense.

Brian's ego wont take a demotion. He's either gone or they'll bring in a new "co-offensive coordinator". Regardless, I think we all know some sort of change is coming.

Brian saying “I did the best I could” sounds final to me. That kind of thing doesn’t get said by someone looking forward to the next year, just my two cents worth.
That sounds all too much like something Scott Frost would say @ UNL. You simply just don't do it, and certainly not to the media.

I just saw on Hawk Central that IA is .700 over the last 8 years, which is really good. Yet, they could have been much closer to .800 with just a little bit better offense.

Not with a great offense, just a borderline mediocre offense.
You’ve fallen into the trap. They don’t play anyone in the preseason, hide in b10 west where Michigan and OSU are avoided nearly every year and never beat anyone of any significant in bowl season

I heard through the season that Iowa had an “offensive consultant” that was paid $1 mill to help Brian with the offense. Let that sink in for a minute

You’ve fallen into the trap. They don’t play anyone in the preseason, hide in b10 west where Michigan and OSU are avoided nearly every year and never beat anyone of any significant in bowl season
I haven't fallen into anything. Before HF, IA couldn't finish above .500 even with weak shedules. They could easily return to that.

On the other hand, I am extremely frustrated seeing a championship level D get wasted game after game, year after year because of a bottom of the barrel Offense.

I was just pointing out the absurdity of those #s.

Like I’ve said before, if all you do is talk shit about Iowa sports, maybe this isn’t the place for you. Literally every post of yours is you bitching about Iowa and bitching about NIL, maybe go find a different team if this one doesn’t make the grade for you.

I can tell you that not long ago the booster sentiment was still Brian eventually being HC. That’s changed but I’d still bet money in him being OC.
I could see a few boosters maybe having that mindset. But even if so I would think there'd be more on the other side of the fence. To think there'd be enough with the right amount of influence to keep him in that gig with everything being what it is is nuts. However it'd explain how everything is what it is....

Then again it wouldn't just be about how many boosters either so much as the relationship with the program. A certain likeminded few with really deep pockets and a long standing relationship with Barta is all it would take...

I could see a few boosters maybe having that mindset. But even if so I would think there'd be more on the other side of the fence. To think there'd be enough with the right amount of influence to keep him in that gig with everything being what it is is nuts. However it'd explain how everything is what it is....

Then again it wouldn't just be about how many boosters either so much as the relationship with the program. A certain likeminded few with really deep pockets and a long standing relationship with Barta is all it would take...
If there's going to be an OC change, I can pretty much guarantee you it's already been decided who his replacement will be. Regardless of what Farta might say about the "search" and "hiring process." He has to say that.

If there's going to be an OC change, I can pretty much guarantee you it's already been decided who his replacement will be. Regardless of what Farta might say about the "search" and "hiring process." He has to say that.
Totally agree. I don't think they'd go into this blind... If they've decided to move on then they've probably been contacting guys at least since signing day is my best guess. KF has the ability to get ahold of anyone he wants to to start those conversations. And I would bet you're right the 'process' is nothing more then a formality. They'll drag it all out with the announcement and all but they are pretty good at keeping stuff hush hush.

Then again I could see BF coming back with little to nothing changing. I'm not predicting shit with this whole thing. I haven't a clue what they'll end up doing. I just hope they decide it fast and don't drag it out to say closer to spring ball starting.

Do you think some announcement may be coming during tomorrow's weekly press conference? They are on Wednesday's, aren't they? I mean I don't think they are going to sit on this long not saying anything. They usually want to get moving with the changes and for recruiting purposes.

Like I’ve said before, if all you do is talk shit about Iowa sports, maybe this isn’t the place for you. Literally every post of yours is you bitching about Iowa and bitching about NIL, maybe go find a different team if this one doesn’t make the grade for you.
I’ve given, attended, bled and died and have had numerous family members, friends and associates play at iowa. It’s in my blood so I don’t apologize to anyone for how I think. I want them to be the absolute best they can be. I was around long before Ferentz and will be after he’s gone. If you want to play tough and shove me off a message board for showing passion, then knock yourself out

I’ve given, attended, bled and died and have had numerous family members, friends and associates play at iowa. It’s in my blood so I don’t apologize to anyone for how I think. I want them to be the absolute best they can be. I was around long before Ferentz and will be after he’s gone. If you want to play tough and shove me off a message board for showing passion, then knock yourself out
"bled and died," huh? Lol.

Sounds like you're the one playing tough.

Latest posts