Wieskamp

WinOneThisCentury

I believe the season started for him last night against the Cuse. He did it all, and played great defense...looked strong and confident the entire night. I'm not sure what was going on during some of this early season, but he had his bounce back too. A couple of those rebounds and the one block...he was off the deck.

They shaded to his side pretty heavily and it gave the other guys more space on the perimeter. You could tell their players were told to pay attention to Wieskamp at the half.

I believe the season started for him last night against the Cuse. He did it all, and played great defense...looked strong and confident the entire night. I'm not sure what was going on during some of this early season, but he had his bounce back too. A couple of those rebounds and the one block...he was off the deck.

They shaded to his side pretty heavily and it gave the other guys more space on the perimeter. You could tell their players were told to pay attention to Wieskamp at the half.
It's possible Wieskamp was nursing a injury early this season. I'm not talking about an obvious injury like Nunge suffered or Jbo's hip. But we don't know all the little stuff a player might be playing thru that can throw off your game.

It was reported he suffered an elbow injury in the very first game. It was also reported that he was very sick in Vegas.

Last night he was guarding their best player and did a good job on him. He effected the game in many ways. I think his shooting / scoring efficiency will come back around.

I don't worry about JW.....I just don't. Nagging injuries? He'll compensate. His exact role on a given night? He will figure it out.

It was reported he suffered an elbow injury in the very first game. It was also reported that he was very sick in Vegas.

Last night he was guarding their best player and did a good job on him. He effected the game in many ways. I think his shooting / scoring efficiency will come back around.

When you have an elbow injury on your shooting arm, you're not going to shoot well. He seems to be shooting fone now and the rest of his game looks good. I really wish we could have 100% Wieskamp, Bohannon, and Fredrick this year. It just doesn't look like its gunna happen.

When you have an elbow injury on your shooting arm, you're not going to shoot well. He seems to be shooting fone now and the rest of his game looks good. I really wish we could have 100% Wieskamp, Bohannon, and Fredrick this year. It just doesn't look like its gunna happen.

You will have it in 20-21.:)

He definitely looked healthy and confident, he has always let his game come to him, it probably goes against the grain for him to hunt shots. I would like to see him shoot every time the defense lays off. He defers too JBo to often. Watching Ohio St. taking it to the Tar Hills. Their backcourt is ferocious.

He definitely looked healthy and confident, he has always let his game come to him, it probably goes against the grain for him to hunt shots. I would like to see him shoot every time the defense lays off. He defers too JBo to often. Watching Ohio St. taking it to the Tar Hills. Their backcourt is ferocious.
The kid holds the state record for points scored in D1. Hinting shots is something he's done plenty of.

I don't worry about JW.....I just don't. Nagging injuries? He'll compensate. His exact role on a given night? He will figure it out.

I agree. His game will come to him. It's Garza who can't get injured on this team and who has to stay consistent.

Another rough night for Joe. It wasn’t that he didn’t score a ton to me it was that he got lost and looked super lazy on defense.

It’s looking more and more like the 1st Team All conference and NBA stuff was getting way ahead of things. He kind of just looked like another guy out there tonight.

Another rough night for Joe. It wasn’t that he didn’t score a ton to me it was that he got lost and looked super lazy on defense.

It’s looking more and more like the 1st Team All conference and NBA stuff was getting way ahead of things. He kind of just looked like another guy out there tonight.
He isn’t lazy . He just isn’t as quick as people make him out to be

He isn’t lazy . He just isn’t as quick as people make him out to be

I disagree. He was all over a reay good player for Syracuse and shut him down. He easily has the ability to be a really good defender and shows it a lot. Tonight he didn't.

I selfishly hope he's a really good 4 year player. I could be a bubble team this year, a great team next year, and a pretty damn good team the year after with him staying.

I selfishly hope he's a really good 4 year player. I could be a bubble team this year, a great team next year, and a pretty damn good team the year after with him staying.

Im afraid of life without Garza. Especially without Foster there's zero centers in the pipeline right now

Joe will be fine, but I’ve always thought the going pro after this year thing was silly. He has issues creating his own shot against average college guys. He would get smothered and shut down against the elite athletes in the NBA

The main thing is he needs to get back to spotting up and shooting the deep ball. That’s his game. He is dribbling way more this year than he did last year. He’s trying to show that part of his game but it’s just not there. Spot up and catch and shoot that’s what you do Joe.

Joes career against good teams shows he is overmatched at the highest level. It is what it is a good player from muscatine on a 500 team.

Joes career against good teams shows he is overmatched at the highest level. It is what it is a good player from muscatine on a 500 team.
I’d say that’s a little harsh. He averaged 15/6 in the tournament last year and made some monster plays including a dagger 3 against Cincinnati.