Wieskamp

To me it starts with the jump shot for Joe. Knock down a couple threes and it opens up the other things for him. But his bread and butter is definitely catch and shoot threes. With his release he can shoot over guys so he doesn’t need a ton of space.

Wieskamp’s last three games:

17.3 PPG
6.7 RPG
10/20 3s (50%)

He's fully healthy now. This is pretty much who he'll be the rest of the year assuming he stays healthy. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. We have two really good players. Teams with two really good players usually make the tournament.

He's fully healthy now. This is pretty much who he'll be the rest of the year assuming he stays healthy. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. We have two really good players. Teams with two really good players usually make the tournament.
He needed to get back to his bread and butter, which was shooting the 3pt shot. He’s got such a high release he really doesn’t need much space. I want him shooting at least 6 3s a game. That opens up some of the other things he can do.

I'll throw CJ in the mix as a 3rd. He obviously doesn't have as high as a sample size and he's not quite on the level of Joe or Luka but CJ's game is similar to Joe's in that he shoots the 3 at a high % and isn't overwhelmingly athletic but just solid at everything.

I'll throw CJ in the mix as a 3rd. He obviously doesn't have as high as a sample size and he's not quite on the level of Joe or Luka but CJ's game is similar to Joe's in that he shoots the 3 at a high % and isn't overwhelmingly athletic but just solid at everything.
I think you can make an argument that CJ has outplayed Wieskamp thus far albeit by a narrow margin. Wieskamp obviously is getting more attention and we are asking more of him. They make up Iowa’s “big 3” if you will as you mention.

I mentioned in another thread but I don’t see any reason to think what CJ is doing is a flash in the pan. The kid looks legit. Against Cincy he missed a close one early and he had to shoot an end of shot clock fade-away three. Even with that he ends the game over 50% from the floor (50% from 3), 21 points on 11 shot attempts. That’s impressive.

Is he eligible for B1G all freshman? I assume so, and if he is he seems like a lock for that.

I almost talked about CJ in my post. It even adds to my point that this is a tournament team.

I think you can make an argument that CJ has outplayed Wieskamp thus far albeit by a narrow margin. Wieskamp obviously is getting more attention and we are asking more of him. They make up Iowa’s “big 3” if you will as you mention.

I mentioned in another thread but I don’t see any reason to think what CJ is doing is a flash in the pan. The kid looks legit. Against Cincy he missed a close one early and he had to shoot an end of shot clock fade-away three. Even with that he ends the game over 50% from the floor (50% from 3), 21 points on 11 shot attempts. That’s impressive.

Is he eligible for B1G all freshman? I assume so, and if he is he seems like a lock for that.

CJ is leading the conference at 51.2 3P% on the year. Plus he's shooting over 56.4% from the field. It'd be tough for almost any player to compete against those type of stats so yeah I think it'd be a fairly easy argument to make. But just as you said, it's not saying CJ is a better player overall as there are a lot of factors.

tenor.gif

CJ is leading the conference at 51.2 3P% on the year. Plus he's shooting over 56.4% from the field. It'd be tough for almost any player to compete against those type of stats so yeah I think it'd be a fairly easy argument to make. But just as you said, it's not saying CJ is a better player overall as there are a lot of factors.

Last night they said he’s shooting 62% from deep. That’s crazy ridiculous given his volume and where we are in the season. This kid.....gonna be an absolute stud by his SR year.

Last night they said he’s shooting 62% from deep. That’s crazy ridiculous given his volume and where we are in the season. This kid.....gonna be an absolute stud by his SR year.

He was shooting 62% from deep at home. Last night's performance hurt a little bit but he's still sitting at 54.5% from deep in home games.

He was shooting 62% from deep at home. Last night's performance hurt a little bit but he's still sitting at 54.5% from deep in home games.

Thanks for the correction. That’s still an insane overall %. Maybe the most complete guy on the team.

Latest posts