Wiegers

So I have a little twist on this to share. I apologize if someone already thought about it. Anyway, here it goes:

Start Wiegers. I'm sure Indiana has been prepping all week by loading the box and hoping they can harass CJB and prey on his immobility. They are going to try and make sure he doesn't get a pass off beyond 5 yards. I'm thinking I would start Wiegers to shock them and make them think all we're going to do is run since he is so inexperienced. I would then surprise them by going deep and hope for a big play. But then after the first couple of possessions I would bring in CJB. Might be a sneaky way to come out of the gate with a big score and put their defense on their heels a little bit. I am encouraged by Ferentz's comment this week that Wiegers is further along than Vandeberg was at this point. At the very least, even if a big play doesn't result, the offensive line would get a few possessions to acclimate to what Indiana is trying to do so that they will be better prepared to protect CJB once he comes in.

So I have a little twist on this to share. I apologize if someone already thought about it. Anyway, here it goes:

Start Wiegers. I'm sure Indiana has been prepping all week by loading the box and hoping they can harass CJB and prey on his immobility. They are going to try and make sure he doesn't get a pass off beyond 5 yards. I'm thinking I would start Wiegers to shock them and make them think all we're going to do is run since he is so inexperienced. I would then surprise them by going deep and hope for a big play. But then after the first couple of possessions I would bring in CJB. Might be a sneaky way to come out of the gate with a big score and put their defense on their heels a little bit. I am encouraged by Ferentz's comment this week that Wiegers is further along than Vandeberg was at this point. At the very least, even if a big play doesn't result, the offensive line would get a few possessions to acclimate to what Indiana is trying to do so that they will be better prepared to protect CJB once he comes in.

And why wouldn't this strategy work with CJB under center? Putting in Wiegers to start would be a pretty hefty signal to look for something odd out of the gate.

This thread is full of fail.

Indiana has one of THE worst defenses in the country, with THE worst passing defense, allowing 342 yards per game. Iowa will handle them handily with their standard look.

Go back to your Intellivision.

I don't understand all of the CSB love around here. What has he ever done to deserve the starting job. He was just a stopgap until Rudock gets back from injury but it has taken a while and now it seems like he is injured too. Its clear that Wiegers has more upside and a higher ceiling but the staff always keeps guys in there too long because of seniority and favortism.

I'm listening. I'm listening. That might just change up their game plan & get them out of sorts a bit. Nice.

I wouldn't mind coming up with certain packages for Weigers,,

Huh?? That doesn't make sense as KF recruits the same kinds of QB's, NFL pocket passer types. "Packages" are when teams usually bring in different styles of QB such as runner. KF teams strive for consistency and to outwork the opposition more than being gimmicky.

I know everyone is thinking huge... like winning the NT and all. It's just that, we are 1 game away from being tied with Wisky for only the West Division race, which would make winning out almost a necessity just to get to Indy. After such a dream season so far, I'd hate to end it and still not get to Indy. We need to put our best foot forward to win the west. CJ is a proven winner and leader. He possesses intangibles that I haven't seen in an Iowa QB in quite awhile. The offense will rally around his toughness just as they have the last 2 games.

I know everyone is thinking huge... like winning the NT and all. It's just that, we are 1 game away from being tied with Wisky for only the West Division race, which would make winning out almost a necessity just to get to Indy. After such a dream season so far, I'd hate to end it and still not get to Indy. We need to put our best foot forward to win the west. CJ is a proven winner and leader. He possesses intangibles that I haven't seen in an Iowa QB in quite awhile. The offense will rally around his toughness just as they have the last 2 games.

False, we have a de-facto 2 game lead over Wisky with the head-to-head win. We'd have to drop 2 of the last 4 games for Wisky to win the West (assuming they win out).

But yes, CJ is the guy.

You do realize we have a 2 game advantage, don't you. What, the BIG will send 2 teams to the championship game???

Wiegers needs more play time but CJ shouldn't be pulled and should continue to start. New Kirk needs to put old Kirk down and pull CJ if things are in hand - that is the Defense is playing well, have a two or three possession lead, winning field position and the game is winding down. I really thought there was no reason for CJ to be in the game Saturday late in the 4th Qtr. Pretty Risky - think ARob in 2010.

Wiegers needed to play 2+ qtrs against UNT and as much as a qtr against Ill St. And no, you don't sit CJ now. If that was gonna happen, it should have been for the MD game, where TW would have had 2weeks to prepare.

This might be the most idiotic thread I've ever read. Go back to your gaming systems, you have no idea what you're talking about. CJB plays unless he is physically unable to play, end of story.

False, we have a de-facto 2 game lead over Wisky with the head-to-head win. We'd have to drop 2 of the last 4 games for Wisky to win the West (assuming they win out).

But yes, CJ is the guy.

That's pretty much what he said. If we lose a game we will be tied. We hold the tie breaker, but we would be tied. He also said we almost certainly would have to win out, meaning he thinks Wisconsin will win out, to go. He knows we have the tie breaker and he didn't say anything to suggest otherwise.

Latest posts