Wiegers

This may sound like heresy but I think the logic is sound:

Iowa should start playing Wiegers. The odds of Iowa beating OSU in the B1G title game with a hobbled CJB are miniscule. But we can win the next four with game management/defense/running game and meanwhile find out whether Tyler has game.

And of course would allow CJ to heal some for the bowl season. If he has a "sports hernia" then 6-8 weeks of rest could make a huge difference.

That is WAY overthinking the situation. You are saying play Wiegers over Beathard, who hasn't been beat to this point by the way, with the B1G West title on the line? Beathard at 60% is better than Wiegers at 100% and its probably not close. As a coach, this isn't logical at all really. I know you probably haven't coached before, but chemistry and timing is every bit as important and with Wiegers the timing and mojo that the team currently has would take a huge hit. Something that simple could send the whole thing into a tailspin. Don't overthink it. The coaches are obviously a little closer to the situation than us. If they felt like he couldn't perform then they would put Wiegers out there, but to do that when Beathard can play effectively enough would be a terrible idea.

Under no circumstances should Wiegers start over CJ. I am all for him getting in the game when we are up big and our defense is playing how they have the entire season so far. I would have liked to see Wiegers in the game in the second half against Maryland. I'm pretty comfortable with the thought that he would have been successful turning around and handing the ball to Wadley/Mitchell/Daniels into eight man fronts

I was thinking, does it make sense to forfeit the Indiana game so the team can get healthy for the home stretch of games against Minnesota Purdue and Nebraska? I just think Indiana is such a physical team that the Hawks would just get pushed around and pick up a bunch of injuries. After starting with eight wins to start the season, they can afford to just let this one go. Its not that big of a deal if Wisconsin wins the division, this team has proven everything it had to do at the start of the season.