Why KF needs to move on. Non emotional opinions.

I posted this in another thread but think it could belong here also. I havent read this entire thread so I apologize if this doesnt fit or someone else has touched on these stats but here it is:

The KF era:

92-62 60% Winner
2 Big 10 Titles
2 BCS Bowl Appearances
1 BCS Bowl Win
9 Bowl Appearances
6-3 Bowl Record
4 Top 10 Finishes
1 National Coach of the Year Award
3 Big Ten Coach of the Year Awards
1 Doak Walker Award Winner (Shonn Greene)
1 Mackey Award Winner (Dallas Clark)
1 Outland Trophy Award Winner (Robert Gallery)
1 Lou Groza Award Winner (Nate Kaeding)
1 Davey Obrien Award Winner (Brad Banks)
1 Maxwell Award Winner (Brad Banks)
1 Heisman Trophy Runner-Up (Brad Banks)
2 Big Ten Offensive Players of the Year (Banks, Greene)
3 Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year (Steinbach, Gallery, Bulaga)
1 Big Ten Defensive Lineman of the Year (Mitch King)
Numerous All-Americans and NFL Draft Picks

I would be willing to bet that about 100-105 of the 120 FBS teams would gladly trade their program's success and accomplishments for Iowa's over the course of Kirk Ferentz' tenure here. It is ridiculous that the above is not enough to satisfy a vocal minority in the Iowa fanbase.

The only numbers that matter are wins and losses.

Ferentz is going nowhere. He is saving HC position for his son.
Brian will be next coach at Iowa. I will not comment what I think about that.

I think maybe we should let KF coach the next game and see how we do. If we lose, then we get the pitch forks and torches.

If you have a problem with the success he's had and that it isn't good enough for Iowa Football, then you don't understand big time college football. There is a fine line with winning and losing at this level. Argue about the results, but how many teams in the BCS can claim that they could have won the last 48 games they played if the team makes a one or two more plays here and there. Iowa cannot recruit with the top programs in the country (that is a given), yet somehow they play them tough every year and teams know they are in for a tough, physical contest. And guess what, we win more than we lose against the top teams in the Big Ten (ok, except OSU).

I can only imagine what would happen to this board if we were beaten 47-7. Ask Georgia, Nebraska, Florida fans what that is like. This is a rebuilding year by most accounts, especially considering the inexperience at key positions, but we have been in the two losses we have this year. We just didn't make the plays necessary to win those games and they were certainly winnable.

In any year where you don't have a ton of experience, you are going to have games like Penn State. How about we give it a chance to see if the team bounces back before we call for the coaches head? I think KF has earned that much.

You people are all nuts if you think that ferentz is going anywhere. that would absolutely kill the momentum your program has.

O'Keefe on the other hand... he needs to go! His play calling is terrible. why in the hell would you run with 3 mintues left then huddle back up... something i never really understood.

If kirk were to leave U of I... who REALISTICLY would Iowa Hire?

How bad is it if I'm agreeing with ISUFB......(facepalm):(

:

The KF era:
92-62 60% Winner
2 Big 10 Titles
2 BCS Bowl Appearances
1 BCS Bowl Win
9 Bowl Appearances
6-3 Bowl Record
4 Top 10 Finishes
1 National Coach of the Year Award
3 Big Ten Coach of the Year Awards
1 Doak Walker Award Winner (Shonn Greene)
1 Mackey Award Winner (Dallas Clark)
1 Outland Trophy Award Winner (Robert Gallery)
1 Lou Groza Award Winner (Nate Kaeding)
1 Davey Obrien Award Winner (Brad Banks)
1 Maxwell Award Winner (Brad Banks)
1 Heisman Trophy Runner-Up (Brad Banks)
2 Big Ten Offensive Players of the Year (Banks, Greene)
3 Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year (Steinbach, Gallery, Bulaga)
1 Big Ten Defensive Lineman of the Year (Mitch King)
Numerous All-Americans and NFL Draft Picks

I would be willing to bet that about 100-105 of the 120 FBS teams would gladly trade their program's success and accomplishments for Iowa's over the course of Kirk Ferentz' tenure here. It is ridiculous that the above is not enough to satisfy a vocal minority in the Iowa fanbase.

+100 THANK YOU. Yeah, let's get rid of this guy. I'd like to Gallery, Bulaga, Greene, King, Banks, Clark, Greenway, all these guys in a room facing the HN haters and tell them we want their coach gone...

A coach can't rebuild a program 3 times?

What if I told you there was once a coach who was hired by a program that hadn't been ranked by the AP in 20 years. In his third year he led them to the Rose Bowl, and they won consistently for 6 more years, including another Rose Bowl trip and multiple bowl victories.

Then there were two down years, where the record was barely over .500.

Then the program was rebuilt, and the team again went to the Rose Bowl one season, and followed that up with a 10-1-1 season the next.

The next 3 years were down years though, as the team again struggled to a record slightly below .500.

However, this coach wasn't done, and over the next couple years the team won over 70% of its games, including two bowl wins.

Any guess what program I'm talking about?

Now thats a solid first post

The only numbers that matter are wins and losses.

Kind of hard to say that in a sport where you can go undefeated and not get a shot at a national championship.

The real number is how much cash you can bring in which you use to build better facilities, hire better coaches, and recruit better players which you use to win more games and make more money.

Kind of hard to say that in a sport where you can go undefeated and not get a shot at a national championship.

The real number is how much cash you can bring in which you use to build better facilities, hire better coaches, and recruit better players which you use to win more games and make more money.

BS - I don't know anyone who would blame KF if he went 12-0 and wasn't in the national championship game.

BS - I don't know anyone who would blame KF if he went 12-0 and wasn't in the national championship game.

Haha....thats rich. You have been around these boards long enough to know that more than 1 person would put KF at fault for not playing a "sexy" enough brand of football in order for the Hawks to vault the teams ahead of them if this scenario were to happen.

People would be going nuts that we didnt blow enough teams out. You know it would happen.

or people would be ****** that the team wasn't good enough the prior year to get a higher preseason ranking for the 12-0 season

So part of your logic is giving him credit for individual player accomplishments? How about the years we have screamed for guys like McNutt, Davis, Canizeri, Morris to see the field? This cuts both ways.

Who cares who you're screaming to put on the field. You don't get any say and don't deserve any say on who plays.

Yes, people absolutely would blame him. It would be something stupid like he doesn't run up the score on lesser opponents to pad the teams resume. Have I heard that on here before?

Last edited:

Latest posts