Why isn't Marble running point?

Marble point guard experiment is over, I said a long time ago and many times he need to score for this team. Also doesn't handle the ball well enough to play point. Its not going to happen again team so so so much better with him off the ball.

He is also a defensive liability at pg.

He has 6 assists already, even though they are only giving him credit for 5. I just notice we do better when RDM is running the offense.

He has 6 assists already, even though they are only giving him credit for 5. I just notice we do better when RDM is running the offense.

When The offense runs through RDM, that is when we play the best. That doesn't mean he has to bring the ball up the court to have the offense run through him.

When The offense runs through RDM, that is when we play the best. That doesn't mean he has to bring the ball up the court to have the offense run through him.

Exactly. We DO run our offense through RDM. He's just not the point.

The theory in the first post is silly.

White struggles because he dosent have the skills to be a perimiter player.

If anything Clemons is who looks to set White up the most.

The theory in the first post is silly.

White struggles because he dosent have the skills to be a perimiter player.

If anything Clemons is who looks to set White up the most.

White has his best games when he's getting the ball dished to him over and over from RD. Look at the oops, and all the assists RD racks up dishing White the ball.

I think Fran had even mentioned earlier this year that mike wasn't playing with confidence. Looks like a couple big shots in an OT win might have helped him regain his confidence... Def. mike's best game of the year.

LOL him playing pg has no bearing on who he guards defensively. Learn the game.

I know the game...you obviously don't. Depending on the lineup he would have to guard the pg. he is one of the poorer defenders on the team. It is even more magnified if he has to guard a pg. of course if gesell or Clemons are on the court he wouldn't guard the pg...bit if they aren't then he would and that is a recipe for disaster. You can run an offense through a guy without them being the pg. we did it with gatens. The bulls did it with Jordan. Marble did a good job when he was forced into the role but there is a reason Fran went out and got 2 true pgs in recruiting. Both push the ball better in the fast break. Both keep the rest of the team moving and the ball moving in the half court better than marble. Both are better defenders than marble at the position. In fact marble is a better passer from the wing. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more or the same amount of assists as a 2 with less opportunities because he will do it better. He will probably turn the ball over less too because he is a sub par pg ball handler but an above par 2 guard ball handler.

these are things that someone who needs to learn the game should read...ie hawkfan33

I know the game...you obviously don't. Depending on the lineup he would have to guard the pg. he is one of the poorer defenders on the team. It is even more magnified if he has to guard a pg. of course if gesell or Clemons are on the court he wouldn't guard the pg...bit if they aren't then he would and that is a recipe for disaster. You can run an offense through a guy without them being the pg. we did it with gatens. The bulls did it with Jordan. Marble did a good job when he was forced into the role but there is a reason Fran went out and got 2 true pgs in recruiting. Both push the ball better in the fast break. Both keep the rest of the team moving and the ball moving in the half court better than marble. Both are better defenders than marble at the position. In fact marble is a better passer from the wing. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more or the same amount of assists as a 2 with less opportunities because he will do it better. He will probably turn the ball over less too because he is a sub par pg ball handler but an above par 2 guard ball handler.

these are things that someone who needs to learn the game should read...ie hawkfan33

There isn't a single line up that Fran has used for more than five minutes where Marble has been on the court without one of Gesell and Clemmons. Plus even if there was, it wouldn't be an issue because of the amount of zone Iowa has played this year. Once again you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

There isn't a single line up that Fran has used for more than five minutes where Marble has been on the court without one of Gesell and Clemmons. Plus even if there was, it wouldn't be an issue because of the amount of zone Iowa has played this year. Once again you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Good pgs destroy zone so I will go that you are ignorant to real basketball knowledge...read all of my post as I step out more than just defense. Basketball is a game of match ups and marble at the point hurts our match ups.

Marble does not belong at the point. He is better as a player and to this team when he plays the wing. As someone pointed out earlier, Michael Jordan played the wing. Michael is arguably the greatest basketball player to ever play the game and could have played the point. Had Jordan played the PG position, he likely would not be as good to his team on offense as he was.

Where some of you come up with your ideas is bizarre. We played great down the stretch last year as a team, not because Marble was running the show. Gesell and Clemmons are better PGs than Marble. Gesell and Clemmons are better on ball PG defenders than Marble. In general, you guard the guy that guards you......it's not a hard and fast rule but if you've ever played hoops you would understand why.

We just beat #3 Ohio State on their court with Marble running point to close the game. Kraft fouled out because he couldn't handle him.

We just beat #3 Ohio State on their court with Marble running point to close the game. Kraft fouled out because he couldn't handle him.

Marble shot like 70% in the first half at the 2. He's just a good player who is playin at a high level.

I used to think we were better with him at point but mike plays so much better at the point than the 2 and Marble can play either.

We're fine.