Why isn't Marble running point?

You can say that about any player... but this year seems to be that MG has struggled at the line at crunch time. Not dissing him, he just needs to get his confidence back at the line - that's all. I think last year he was one of our most reliable at the line. RM probably struggled more last year then MG... Everyone goes through it if they play much BB...

Right. Which was the exact point of my post. YOU chose to single out MG. Has he struggled during crunch time? Of course he has, but so have the other guys.

Right. Which was the exact point of my post. YOU chose to single out MG. Has he struggled during crunch time? Of course he has, but so have the other guys.

So did Fran single him out by not playing him in the last few minutes of the game? My observation was speculation on why he didn't play the last few minutes... Geeeezzz... some guys look for anything to argue about.

That is a non-conventional way of looking at the position these days. Point-Forward. Players are more interchangeable and talented. Allot of these traditional guard spots can post up and play the wing. Makes it much more difficult to defend a team with players that can play different spots.

Why isn't Marble the starting point? In the past, he's shown he can't dribble and he doesn't look for anyone else's offense.

Yes, he clearly demonstrated yesterday that he can't handle the ball. Craft and Scott made him look like garbage.

Also, the guy is right behind Gesell in assists (Gesell, 3.7; Marble, 3.4). Once again, Homer fails epically.

Fran has it just right. Clemmons is not getting many minutes in conference games, and Marble is getting more minutes at PG when Mike is resting. Marble has been very effective most of the time at both the 1 and 2.

Marble can absolutely handle the ball as well as Gessel. Before tonight Gessell couldn't go left. Let's be honest, Craft was ripping Gessel. We got down 9. Fran put RD at point.... and we see what happend there. A tall linky pg is dangerous. We still need Gessel at point, but to close the close games out going forward don't be surprised if RD has the ball in his hands at point.

Don't know what game you were watching, but Craft was guarding Marble for nearly all the minutes that the two were on the floor together. That's how Craft fouled out: going through picks and grabbing as he went through.

Another thought is when Marble is at point... Iowa can go bigger - RM, JU, AW, MB & JO were on the court most of the last 3 minutes and each one can shoot free throws.

I think Fran wanted to keep OSU from fouling MG and putting him on the line. Like it or not, MG has struggled at the line in big games.

up until yesterday marble had struggled from the line too.

Latest posts