Why is the timeline so difficult for many to digest?

i'm not criticizing how long it took nor who the hire is. i'm criticizing duff for starting a thread about people being "clueless" about a timeline. A)he doesn't know exactly how things went down B)if he does, he could provide his knowledge for others to learn from.

instead, he chooses the "girl on facebook" route. you know those girls that post statuses that say something like "i'm not happy" but doesn't go any farther than that so people will respond.

OK whammer, lets take this step by step.

Iowa published an initial deadline, and repeatedly pushed it back. What can we take away from that? If your company did something similar for an open position what would you take that to mean?

i'm not criticizing how long it took nor who the hire is. i'm criticizing duff for starting a thread about people being "clueless" about a timeline. A)he doesn't know exactly how things went down B)if he does, he could provide his knowledge for others to learn from.

instead, he chooses the "girl on facebook" route. you know those girls that post statuses that say something like "i'm not happy" but doesn't go any farther than that so people will respond.

he's guessing just like anyone else. he is insinuating one thing when that fact is is that Parker has had this job for a long time. hell, he hangs his deer head up - what's that tell you...

I'm not here to think for you.
Option 1) Take some initiative and think for yourself
Option 2) Go on a butthurt fueled, mouth breathing, emotional rampage on an internet message board.

Choose wisely.

Duff, I am starting to like your style. My mother always used to say, maybe your just not asking the right questions or looking at it correctly. Now go back and think about it and look at it again.

Seriously people, if the company you work for posted an opening for a mangerial position, and the deadline for that posting kept being extended what conclusions would you draw from that?

again duff, i'm not questioning what took so long. i'm sure there were several other people that were at least approached. maybe there wasn't, but i'm thinking there was. but i'm not going to start a thread making it sound like i KNOW EXACTLY what went down and calling others "clueless" for not knowing.

was bradley approached? was stoops approached? was herrmann approached? was aiken? was anyone else approached? please tell me oh wise one

"In youth open your mind, And let all learning in; Words the head does not shape Are worthless, out and in. Words wit has not salted,No nearer the heart than the lip, Are nothing more than wind, A puppy's insolent yelp."

again duff, i'm not questioning what took so long. i'm sure there were several other people that were at least approached. maybe there wasn't, but i'm thinking there was. but i'm not going to start a thread making it sound like i KNOW EXACTLY what went down and calling others "clueless" for not knowing.

was bradley approached? was stoops approached? was herrmann approached? was aiken? was anyone else approached? please tell me oh wise one

I'm not claming inside knowledge. I'm claiming inside brain.

I have no idea on any of those names. But to me it sounds like your issues are more of the "I DEMAND TO KNOW MORE" variety. I don't recall ever singling you out in the OP, I was speaking to those (and there were plenty) who had sand in thier vaginas over the time it took. If you are one of those

The deadline was extended multiple times. There are only two reasons this would happen.

1) KF wasn't happy with the candidates he had.
2) There was someone he wanted to interview or talk with that he couldn't.

We also know that the search had multiple extensions. Those extention announcements always came early in the week, and the new deadlines always happened to coninside with the next round of NFL playoffs. It seems to me that clearly says KF wanted to talk about the position with someone who was otherwise occupied in trying to win a super bowl.

We know he didn't hire anyone from the NFL, but that doesn't mean he didn't talk to them. There are lots of conclusions we could draw about that. Maybe he offered the job to someone but they turned him down. Maybe he talked to someone and decided that Phil was the best person for the job. I don't have any insight into that at all, speculate away on that kind of stuff.

My whole point is there was absolutely nothing wrong with the time frame of the search, and anyone who claims to be upset by it has a hookers steamy pile of underpants for brains.

So Parker was a fall back hire?

Maybe.

Maybe he interviewed both and ultimately chose Parker.

Maybe the NFL guy decided not to even interview.

I don't think anyone outside of a few people on the football staff and in the AD office need to know.

Seriously. What's so difficult to understand here? Are people really that clueless?

Remember when you were 6, and you would say, MOm, how soon is Speed Racer on?!" She would say, "At 3 o'clock", and after another louder-than-needed scream for the time, you were basicallly told it was on in just 3 more hours.

Do you remember just how long that 3 hours was to your 6-year old sense of "time"?

The same applies to this board in times like this.

Come one guys, we can do better, let's really try. Here I'll give you a hand.

thinking-cap.jpg

i just scratched my computr screan trying to get this out of mycomputr so insead i printed it but now it wont stay on my head

:confused:

So you went from "Seriously. What's so difficult to understand here? Are people really that clueless?" To a "Maybe" and "Only a few people need to know" Gotcha...

Maybe.

Maybe he interviewed both and ultimately chose Parker.

Maybe the NFL guy decided not to even interview.

I don't think anyone outside of a few people on the football staff and in the AD office need to know.

Remember when you were 6, and you would say, MOm, how soon is Speed Racer on?!" She would say, "At 3 o'clock", and after another louder-than-needed scream for the time, you were basicallly told it was on in just 3 more hours.

Do you remember just how long that 3 hours was to your 6-year old sense of "time"?

Great analogy!

Many people are timeline intolerant and therefore have trouble digesting timelines. It makes them gassy and bloated. All the posts along the lines of "why couldn't he have told us sooner" were their way of releasing that gas. That's why it was so smelly around here.

Are you saying we are all bunch of six year olds?

Latest posts