Why I still think this is a tournament team

Big difference with them. Rebraca showed it in ND he could play like this. He just wasn't comfortable last yr unsure of his role. With Keegan, JBo and the rest it just took him awhile to figure out his role and be comfortable with the change he made going from there to Iowa. Now he's comfortable and confident and just letting it all hang out.

Ulis has never shown squat jack yet really. He's hit a few shots here and there. Anyone think Ulis could do 10 pts and 4 assists for an avg? Playing 30 mins a game for a pg I would think that'd be doable. I'm not sure he can. Now it's not that big of a leap for him to do that next yr if he stays but I'm not sure I'd put much $ on it.
I think it's easier to see what he did at ND and say it's no surprise it translated to the Big 10 after the luxury of hindsight. But in my opinion, all last year he looked like his ceiling was a solid role player at this level.

Tonight reinforces my thinking. Best lineup will be Connor, Dix, Sandford, Murray and Rebecca. Ullis and Perkins need an attitude adjustment...the bench should provide it. Gives us shooters, length and better rebounding. Just a solid bball IQ group. Let Mulvey see if he can continue to spell Filip...

I talk out of both sides of my mouth when it comes to Ulis. Sometimes I am like, wow, he can get to the hoop anytime he wants and he's a great passer. Then he shoots an airball in the lane and I'm like, we can't have this guy out there. Over all, I think he plays pretty good D, has good handles and this team would be F'd without him since we're short on bodies. He's logging a lot of minutes, we need him, but I also recognize he's the weakest link in our line up from an offensive standpoint. I'd like to see more Bowen too, just not sure he's quite as ready for the role.
About the nicest way it can be said I think...