Why did Cayle Byers leave Iowa?

smoot27

I never heard the official reason. Brands didn't seem to want to speak publicly about it.

I'd be curious about Baldasaro too.

Timmys mamma taught him one really good lesson as a young boy. "If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all"

[QUOTHe was all set to come to Iowa. He had been approved by brands and Mimms. After all was well, the AD decided to nix his coming to Iowa.

Baldasaro had injury problems and some other issues and decided to leave.

E=smoot27;633723]I never heard the official reason. Brands didn't seem to want to speak publicly about it.

I'd be curious about Baldasaro too.[/QUOTE]

Cayle Byers was not formally excepted into the University of Iowa and was never a part of the program.

Baldosaro got injured while in the Iowa practice room and will likely never wrestle again.

Have you seen how they run the time and points during a match at Hilton
I am not just talking about the last meet there champ. This is a pattern of behavior. As for the points, the shove was not bad, but it is illegal everywhere but Carver, where the fans actually think its awesome that the wrestlers behave like that. For a sport that is dieing almost nation wide, the Brands are setting a pretty bad case to keep it around.

Cayle Byers was not formally excepted into the University of Iowa and was never a part of the program.

Baldosaro got injured while in the Iowa practice room and will likely never wrestle again.

So, maybe if he'd been excepted... he would have been accepted?

I am not just talking about the last meet there champ. This is a pattern of behavior. As for the points, the shove was not bad, but it is illegal everywhere but Carver, where the fans actually think its awesome that the wrestlers behave like that. For a sport that is dieing almost nation wide, the Brands are setting a pretty bad case to keep it around.

Are you really back already, trying to talk about wrestling, after those hilarious comments you made before the Iowa/ISU meet?

So you don't like the very aggressive nature of the Iowa athletes? Maybe it pushes the boundaries a bit but this is not ping-pong, can't take it then get off the ride. As for dying, yes overall maybe but what packs any arena more than Iowa coming to town? Love them or hate them, Iowa and its style has done more to bring attention to and for the sport in general than the Iowa Hawkeys. Someone has to be the bad guy, and I would much rather have a guy giving a little push at the end versus no fight or breaking mentally and physically during the the match like most opponets. By the way, that shove would have been called in Carver.

Let me get this straight Iowa is contributing to the sport of wrestling dieing because they are way out of line with being too rough of the edge of the mat, but MMA a much more violent sport is thriving right now.

I'm still waiting for Gibson to score a bunch of points since the Iowa heavyweights can't put points on the board.

How many wrestling meets let alone tourney's have you attended?? Animated coaches are everywhere. Have you ever watched Barry Davis for example? Do you remember how Jim Gibbons acted when he was a coach? Or how about the great and wonderful Cael S.? Why do Iowa Fans get excited over aggresive wrestling?? It's because we understand that being aggresive is how you win! Aggresive wrestling is what gets people in the door. How many fans on average attend meets at that building at ISU? I know from watching the IA/ISU meet a week not to darn many. So until you have a coach that sits on his hands and you are winning Conf. and National titles with that kind of coaching, keep your Blah, blah, blah stuff to yourself!

How many wrestling meets let alone tourney's have you attended?? Animated coaches are everywhere. Have you ever watched Barry Davis for example? Do you remember how Jim Gibbons acted when he was a coach? Or how about the great and wonderful Cael S.? Why do Iowa Fans get excited over aggresive wrestling?? It's because we understand that being aggresive is how you win! Aggresive wrestling is what gets people in the door. How many fans on average attend meets at that building at ISU? I know from watching the IA/ISU meet a week not to darn many. So until you have a coach that sits on his hands and you are winning Conf. and National titles with that kind of coaching, keep your Blah, blah, blah stuff to yourself!
I have been to 3 meets with the Brands brothers matside, and it happened every time.

Getting animated with the referees is one thing. Calling out the other teams wrestlers and coaches is another.

Wrestling aggresive is one thing, but it should stay on the mat. You teach your kids to wrestle aggressive, you get excited, but you don't need to try and attack the opponents wrestlers or coaches to get some kind of fraternity thing going.

I like the way Iowas kids perform on the mat. They are well conditioned and get after it. But some civility between matches and off the mat does not have to be given up for that.

I have been to 3 meets with the Brands brothers matside, and it happened every time.

Getting animated with the referees is one thing. Calling out the other teams wrestlers and coaches is another.

Wrestling aggresive is one thing, but it should stay on the mat. You teach your kids to wrestle aggressive, you get excited, but you don't need to try and attack the opponents wrestlers or coaches to get some kind of fraternity thing going.

I like the way Iowas kids perform on the mat. They are well conditioned and get after it. But some civility between matches and off the mat does not have to be given up for that.

And yet if Terry would have went to ISU instead of Jackson you guys would think he is great.

Give it a rest, the Brands brothers own ISU and have cleaned up the mess Zalesky left and turned Iowa back into the national power they were and you are jealous.

Barry Davis doesn't even allow himself to coach matside because he gets so animated. I will take the. Brands 365 days of the year and 366 every 4th year over KJ and his famous " wrestle here, wrestle here, uh um uh wrestle here" mumbo jumbo!

Latest posts