Why aren’t we going after hoiberg?

maybe the Timberpups will hire him to coach. Good core of young talent...need some coaching and a good pick up or two.

He’s won at a high level in the state, he’s available, and likely would not be cost prohibitive.
He connected in the state and Midwest, and already knows all the AAU coaches. He’s young and looking for a job.

I don’t see the ISU thing being an issue. It worked for dan gable
Because our administration doesn’t think this way. They are too reactive and quite frankly, don’t really care that much about winning. They are more interested in nice guys and coaches that won’t bring in troublemakers. They help them win by giving them non conference schedules where there is little chance of defeat. Firing a coach to bring in a home run hitter like hoiberg, the way he runs a program, would never be allowed at the u of iowa in a million yrs. winning isn’t their priority

Was Fred good at recruiting? He flat out said he hated it. Plus he went after mostly JUCO transfers because he didn't want to keep calling and visiting 16-17 year old kids.

He also left Iowa State and Prohm a steaming pile of shit when he left as far as young recruits.

Yeah last year wasn't pretty as the lapse in recruiting in Fred's last year really reared it's ugly head. Luckily Prohm seems to have done pretty well since.

Recruiting is recruiting. Fred preferred the juco route. So do/did Jerry Tarkanian, Billy Tubbs, Don Haskins, Bob Huggins and many others. There's some hall of famers and national championships in the short list I just mentioned.
Two of those coaches had NCAA trouble and probation.

Yeah last year wasn't pretty as the lapse in recruiting in Fred's last year really reared it's ugly head. Luckily Prohm seems to have done pretty well since.

he really has, I've been impressed with Prohm overall.

From the ESPN article:

"I am not prioritizing one over the other in respect to the NBA and college," Hoiberg said. "The jobs are so different that you cannot compare them, so I plan on evaluating whatever opportunities may come independently."