Why aren’t we going after hoiberg?

We've got a Weekend At Bernie's type of coaching vacancy. Unfortunately. He's here in body only. Gutless Gary is dragging around Fran's corpse, holding his head up and smiling at Iowa fans.

It certainly seems like a vacancy to me. Have we seen any coaching in the past two years?

I'm thinking we get Lightning as the head coach since he has the AAU connection being an AAU coach. One piece of advice; don't bring up the Gutless thing during the interview. Might be a deal breaker once someone explains it to Gary. Assistant coaches I'm thinking TK, he would be able to get Locure. All he needs to do is show him a copy of his 46 page love fest and Locure is ours. Either that or he'll have a restraining order against TK. I could see that going either way. The other 2 assistants are up to you.
You know Clinton will cheer for you and InGoodCo will as well. I'll be there for you too but I'll have to be one of the bluehairs sitting in the stands. At my age I can't even stand up without farting.
Go Hawks

You can’t seriously be dumb enough to thing Hoiberg would go to Iowa as an assistant. I just don’t think that’s possible.
I'm not, and that's not. I've declared in two posts that there's no chance. The post of that mine that you are replying to did no more than make fun of another post and show that the perceived impossible can happen. It's just not in this case.

My issue is that I am way too serious when I usually post and I already know that. Hence my liberal use of emojis. I was just having some fun with this one. Iowa wouldn't touch Fred if Barta and McCaffrey were fired tomorrow and Fred beat down their door with a blank contract.

I mocked a post ripping Iowa football three or four weeks ago and two posters immediately replied and asked if I was all right. I was. I was just having some fun with it.

Hoiberg having anything to do with Iowa would be the ultimate betrayal. He knows that and any gig at Iowa wouldn't be worth it.

I'm thinking we get Lightning as the head coach since he has the AAU connection being an AAU coach. One piece of advice; don't bring up the Gutless thing during the interview. Might be a deal breaker once someone explains it to Gary. Assistant coaches I'm thinking TK, he would be able to get Locure. All he needs to do is show him a copy of his 46 page love fest and Locure is ours. Either that or he'll have a restraining order against TK. I could see that going either way. The other 2 assistants are up to you.
You know Clinton will cheer for you and InGoodCo will as well. I'll be there for you too but I'll have to be one of the bluehairs sitting in the stands. At my age I can't even stand up without farting.
Go Hawks
My first act would be to allocate 500K of my own salary to buying players, every year. We ain't going down without talent.

The idea of Dennis Rodman in 1991 playing for the Chicago Bulls someday. LOLOL.

The idea of longtime Saint Louis Cardinal nemesis and Carlos Zambrano antagonist Jim Edmonds playing for the Cubs 2008 division winning team. LOLOL

The idea of Ohio State 1960 national championship team member Bobby Knight coaching at rival Indiana for 29 years. LOLOL.

Brett Favre playing for the Vikings, I'd throw in there as well.

Brett Favre playing for the Vikings, I'd throw in there as well.
That one definitely didn't go over well behind the cheddar curtain. My father in law never forgave him and when he passed away in 2011 he took the bitterness to his grave.

There's a popular steakhouse in Spring Green, WI about 70 miles north of Dubuque. Arthur's Steakhouse. I remember Arthur's flying their Packer flag upside down for a while after the Farve deal.

• He's good at it
  • It would help him restore his reputation
  • He may see it in a different light after his NBA experience.
  • One of the reasons he went the NBA was because of his Gar Foreman association
  • He wouldn't have the stress of being a head coach
  • He was well compensated enough by the Bulls that he can do what he wants without his hand being forced.
  • He is a college, not NBA coach.
For all I know, he may have his sights set on an NBA front office job, maybe even an AD job. Some have mentioned him (wishfully) as a potential Barta replacement.

Was Fred good at recruiting? He flat out said he hated it. Plus he went after mostly JUCO transfers because he didn't want to keep calling and visiting 16-17 year old kids.

He also left Iowa State and Prohm a steaming pile of shit when he left as far as young recruits.

That was a pretty cool ad. Hard to believe it was 4 years ago already. I wish they would make more like that one.

Timberwolves fired Thibs today.

That would seem to be his next move... I doubt he'd jump back into college right away. Especially UCLA as has been rumored. He seems to be a Midwest fella and I don't see him going out there.

Was Fred good at recruiting? He flat out said he hated it. Plus he went after mostly JUCO transfers because he didn't want to keep calling and visiting 16-17 year old kids.

He also left Iowa State and Prohm a steaming pile of shit when he left as far as young recruits.
Recruiting is recruiting. Fred preferred the juco route. So do/did Jerry Tarkanian, Billy Tubbs, Don Haskins, Bob Huggins and many others. There's some hall of famers and national championships in the short list I just mentioned.