Who's the starting five next year?

Barring injury I doubt Jok or Uthoff will start at all next year. The following year when Marble, Basabe and McCabe are gone, they could both start.

I'm going BIG with my starting 5...and you all can kiss my a$$ as you never get a rebound!

PG-Dev
SG-White
SF-Basabe
PF-Olaseni
C-Woody

Read`em and weep, boys...or put a press on me and I'll turn it over a bunch of times...

Maybe but I have a healthy amount of skepticism about a guy who can't get to the rim or get his team to state against desmoines highschool players.

Ok, so Jok is a spot up shooter only, yet averaged 24 ppg. So you think Jok averaged aroud 7 or 8 3 pointers a game? And you think Jok got to the line 136 times being fouled on only jumpshots? Do you have to pretend to not understand basketball or do you really just not understand the rules of the game?

Jok can get to the hoop. There's no one who shoots 43% from 3 without having ability to get to the lane and make the defense respect his driving ability to create space for his shot and there's no one who gets to the line 136 times despite being the best FT shooter in the state without getting to the rim.

Maybe but I have a healthy amount of skepticism about a guy who can't get to the rim or get his team to state against desmoines highschool players.

Have you watched Jok play? Honest question. I've seen him play in person multiple times this season living in Des Moines, and he can get to the rim. Additionally, basketball is a team sport so it's not like you can put all of the blame on him for Valley not making state. Only 8 teams make state anyways. Is Kevin Love a bad player because the Timberwolves don't make the playoffs?

Ingram is more likely to redshirt than Jok. Jok has way more talent than Ingram. No way Jok redshirts. Too much talent and 3 point shooting ability.

I don't think anyone redshirts even though I would like to see jok redshirt. Utoff takes may minutes but ingram would before jok better athlete better handles better defense. I don't see how jok can help much right away a year off to recover more and learn systems would help

I don't think anyone redshirts even though I would like to see jok redshirt. Utoff takes may minutes but ingram would before jok better athlete better handles better defense. I don't see how jok can help much right away a year off to recover more and learn systems would help

I think someone will and I'd put my money on Ingram. We need shooters and Jok will get the chance to show whether or not he can fill that role, so I think he plays. Ingram is not going to get May's minutes as they'll go to Uthoff so you're looking at another season of basically no playing time. I think they sit him. And I'd be in favor of it not only from a development standpoint, but also because it splits our 5-man recuriting class and balances things out.

Ingram is more athletic but 4 inches shorter and absolutely does NOT have better handles than Jok. Jok is the kind of player that will cross you up, break your ankles and step back for a midrange jumper. That kind of guard at 6'6" can score on anyone. Ingram has no offense.

I think someone will and I'd put my money on Ingram. We need shooters and Jok will get the chance to show whether or not he can fill that role, so I think he plays. Ingram is not going to get May's minutes as they'll go to Uthoff so you're looking at another season of basically no playing time. I think they sit him. And I'd be in favor of it not only from a development standpoint, but also because it splits our 5-man recuriting class and balances things out.

If one does I will take a big man. As far as shooting goes JO will be better MG will be better White should bounce back I even think Utoff helps out

I agree that Basabe, White, Gesell, Woodbury and Marble will likely be the starters...but what is really important is that McCabe, Uthoff, Josh O., Gabe O., Ingram, Jok (unless he red shirts), and Clemmons (Meyer an unknown) get enough minutes to keep the defense fresh, provide energy and some points, since depth this year was one of the major reasons Iowa was so successful, especially on defense. I am sure that Clemmons, McCabe, Gabe O., Josh and Uthoff will be the next five in, with Jok as a sleeper. Would like to see Ingram red shirt. Prediction: McCabe will provide some very valuable minutes next year and Clemmons will mature to the point that he will be a real weapon. Fran must keep up the magic in his player relationships that allow him to keep everyone happy when he does not really have enough minutes to share among some darn good basketball players.

Additionally JOk can get to the rim off the bounce, can shoot 3's or mid range jumpers off the bounce, can shoot off or screens or curls and will be our best FT shooter and probably 3pt shooter.

Jok gets rid of his shot quickly and please don't compare him to JO. I don't know if JO will ever be any better as a Big 3 pt shooter. He has a ways to go just to become a 30% 3 pt shooter. JO is adequate on defense and is an OK passer. We just need better 3 pt shooting, bottom line and JO will lose minutes to Jok next year.

Jok gets rid of his shot quickly and please don't compare him to JO. I don't know if JO will ever be any better as a Big 3 pt shooter. He has a ways to go just to become a 30% 3 pt shooter. JO is adequate on defense and is an OK passer. We just need better 3 pt shooting, bottom line and JO will lose minutes to Jok next year.

Josh shot 37% last season on 121 attempts.

Latest posts