Who's the next coach at Iowa?

This is a no-brainer - you give Keno Davis whatever he wants.

Here's why - you need someone to 'bring the family back together.' Who better to do that than the son of one of the greatest coaches in Iowa basketball history. Also - you need butts in seats. That system will bring in athletes and the style will be exciting to watch.

You make Keno say no before you call anyone else.

JMHO.
No thanks. Pearl or bust.

Chris Kingsbury? As long as he doesn't have any more public urination offenses.

Keno? I wonder if our scoreboards can show scores higher than 99? I'm ready for some exciting basketball.

Like Jim Rosborough back in the day, Gary Close is a terrific assistant - not a head coach.

I've got to think that, and I think it has been mentioned on this board before, that if Lavin was so great or didn't have some kind of skeleton in his closet he would already be coaching right now...he sure sounds like he longs to get back into the game though whenever he is on TV so I think the passion would be there. I also like that he doesn't come across as someone that is content with being terrible.

Steve Lavin reminds me of another Steve, slick hair and all.

No thanks. Pearl or bust.

You dropped this.

crack-pipe.jpg

So if lick steps down for "medical reasons" does that mean we still have to pay him? I know we have some money laying around but still I would like to keep his lucrative salary to have something better to offer the new coach.

My first choice would be to throw the checkbook at Pearl.

The next choice would be a tie between Scott Drew and Gillespi

After that,...I guess Keno

Turgeon would be good. But don't forget WSU helped him by doing a renovation to facilities when he took over there.

Greg Marshall might be a nice pick. Put WSU in the valley title game for the first time in 20 years.

Then again, in college hoops today success in one place means nothing elsewhere.

Not saying he should get it- because I'm not convinced another mid-major coach is the way to go right now after the last two debacles, but why wouldn't Ben Jacobsen be at the top of the list? Panthers have done some great things the last few years and run a system and philosophy that the current players would be comfortable with instead of a run and gun no defensive scheme like Providence.

Latest posts