AJ Shots per game: 15.0
CJ Shots per game: 7.1

AJ FG%: 42.6%
CJ FG%: 53.8%

AJ 3P%: 38.3%
CJ 3P%: 50.9%

AJ A/TO: 1:1
CJ A/TO: 2:1

AJ plays against far weaker competition and shoots twice as much as CJ (because he has to, Iowa has more weapons). CJ shoots it better than AJ, has a much better assist/TO ratio, and is leading the big ten in 3P%.

I'm happy with CJ.
"The Athletic" has Iowa's SOS at 98.

Until I see Green go against high level P5 competition, I'm going with CJ. I've seen CJ play against that kind of competition and he's a baller.

That's not to take anything away from Green. He seems like a helluva MVC player and is probably going to get UNI into the tourney.

But I like CJs all-around game better and I think he's a better compliment to what we have right now than Green would be.

They lost to West Virgina by 5 a team currently ranked 14th, beat South Carolina, and have beaten 23rd ranked Colorado on Colorado's home court.

Green probably has the better all-around game. He's a better ball-handler and is adept at creating his own shot, something we don't require of CJ.

However, within the context of our system, I would take CJ. He's the perfect compliment for what we want out of that position. He serves as an outlet for the double-team by spotting up on the perimeter, and also moves and cuts without the ball extremely well. He's a better fit for this particular team.

Green probably has the better all-around game. He's a better ball-handler and is adept at creating his own shot, something we don't require of CJ.

However, within the context of our system, I would take CJ. He's the perfect compliment for what we want out of that position. He serves as an outlet for the double-team by spotting up on the perimeter, and also moves and cuts without the ball extremely well. He's a better fit for this particular team.

CJ does that pull up jump shot similar to what Jok did. He makes it look easy and it looks like he could do it whenever he wants. I think the future of having a go to scorer is set for the next few years. Fran mau very well have a 1st team conference player 8 out of 10 years after CJ graduates. Assuming Garza and Wieskamp both stay all 4 years.

They lost to West Virgina by 5 a team currently ranked 14th, beat South Carolina, and have beaten 23rd ranked Colorado on Colorado's home court.

So against the best team on their schedule, Green went 2-15 from the floor and scored 5 points. Albeit, he did bounce back against South Carolina with 26 and Colorado with 20.

However, CJ has had the following:
Texas Tech - 10
SDSU - 16
Cinci - 21
Mich - 21
ISU - 11
Minn - 10

That ain't too shabby.

So against 3 P6 teams, AJ has avg'd 17 points and against 6 P6 teams, CJ has avg'd 15. And CJ has done it with much less shot attempts. I'd take CJ.

Have watched both players quite a bit on the tube. Their 3 pt shots certainly have a different trajectory: Green's is a high arch and CJ's is the flattest (successful) 3 pt shot I've ever seen. It seems to me CJ is a step quicker defensively than Green -- or maybe it's just a different intensity level. Certainly CJ is moving more quickly up, down, and around the court due to the speed Iowa plays with compared to UNI. I've also seen Green miss a lot of shots, which is reflected in his shooting %. Overall, from what I've seen thus far -- especially considering CJ is playing his first full season and Green is in his 2nd, I'd take CJ if I had to make a choice.

CJ does that pull up jump shot similar to what Jok did. He makes it look easy and it looks like he could do it whenever he wants. I think the future of having a go to scorer is set for the next few years. Fran mau very well have a 1st team conference player 8 out of 10 years after CJ graduates. Assuming Garza and Wieskamp both stay all 4 years.
I wasn't implying that he can't create his shot. It's just not a big part of his game, or something that we necessarily require of him. Green just has a little more of an offensive skill set that allows him to be more creative with the ball in his hands.

I wasn't implying that he can't create his shot. It's just not a big part of his game, or something that we necessarily require of him. Green just has a little more of an offensive skill set that allows him to be more creative with the ball in his hands.

I had a feeling my post came off like I was insinuated you were. I wasn't. Your post just got me thinking of the potential CJ has to create his own shot down the road. I think he has what it takes.

CJ because I love that guy and you can’t replace him based on my Iowa bias. Going to UNI game Sunday and I’m excited to see Green play.

A great question based on recruiting expectations. Who will be in this question two years from now? One of the Murray twins is my guess. Don’t know which one is better.

CJ because I love that guy and you can’t replace him based on my Iowa bias. Going to UNI game Sunday and I’m excited to see Green play.

A great question based on recruiting expectations. Who will be in this question two years from now? One of the Murray twins is my guess. Don’t know which one is better.

I think Perkins is the one I'm higher on right now. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some of these new guys redshirt next year. With Jbo back for 1 more year maybe Perkins is a decent redshirt candidate.

Boy this is a tough one and a great poll question. As a Hawk fan, I will try to put my bias for CJ aside. You definitely would like to take either one and can't really go wrong. I guess Green adds the skill set of a proven point guard and brings that along with shooting. I hate to pick against CJ but I'd probably go with Green based on that.

A starting lineup right about now of Green, CJF, Wieskamp, CMac/Kriener, Garza might get us the B1G Title.

Have watched both players quite a bit on the tube. Their 3 pt shots certainly have a different trajectory: Green's is a high arch and CJ's is the flattest (successful) 3 pt shot I've ever seen. It seems to me CJ is a step quicker defensively than Green -- or maybe it's just a different intensity level. Certainly CJ is moving more quickly up, down, and around the court due to the speed Iowa plays with compared to UNI. I've also seen Green miss a lot of shots, which is reflected in his shooting %. Overall, from what I've seen thus far -- especially considering CJ is playing his first full season and Green is in his 2nd, I'd take CJ if I had to make a choice.

You might have just made me change my mind. Nice post.

Latest posts