Who Would You Take?

AJ Green from UNI or CJ Fredrick?

• Fredrick

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • Green

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
I think Perkins is the one I'm higher on right now. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some of these new guys redshirt next year. With Jbo back for 1 more year maybe Perkins is a decent redshirt candidate.

I'm also higher on Perkins. He looks the part. I had no idea what we had with Fredrick. Was hoping he was a 40% 3 point shooter and could play some defense. He has exceeded my expectations for him this year. The rest of his game is better than I was expecting too.

I'm also higher on Perkins. He looks the part. I had no idea what we had with Fredrick. Was hoping he was a 40% 3 point shooter and could play some defense. He has exceeded my expectations for him this year. The rest of his game is better than I was expecting too.
Talent + Basketball IQ = Success

This is true of most of our guys and contributing greatly to our success IMO.

So against the best team on their schedule, Green went 2-15 from the floor and scored 5 points. Albeit, he did bounce back against South Carolina with 26 and Colorado with 20.

However, CJ has had the following:
Texas Tech - 10
SDSU - 16
Cinci - 21
Mich - 21
ISU - 11
Minn - 10

That ain't too shabby.

So against 3 P6 teams, AJ has avg'd 17 points and against 6 P6 teams, CJ has avg'd 15. And CJ has done it with much less shot attempts. I'd take CJ.

Ok, that's fine but AJ has played against P5 schools and I do think there is more to a players game than just points. But I'm not here to change your mind, this is all arbitrary anyway. CJ is turning into a fine basketball player as well.

I think Green was a top 50 recruit a couple of years ago and will probably tear the Valley apart the way Ron Baker did for Wichita State over the next 2 1/2 years. He is on quite the tear lately, but the competition level is meh. CJF, I do like his game and his stroke is not an assault on your eyesight the way Green's is. I'm a UNI grad, but CJF is my pick.

Latest posts