Who Would Guess That Iowa Has a 4**** Soph PG on Its Roster

I would love to see Moss be 1st team all conference and Joe T be a must play at PG next year forcing Connor to the bench. I would be thrilled because we would probably contend for the Big 10 championship in this scenario.

I would love to see Moss be 1st team all conference and Joe T be a must play at PG next year forcing Connor to the bench. I would be thrilled because we would probably contend for the Big 10 championship in this scenario.

Did you forget Conners last name? Maybe if it gets too rough. Big Lil M

Sure, but I think you are being very hyperbolic with that statement. Would be interesting to see how you rank Connor.

Where do you rank Connor as a point guard in the B1G? Above average? Average? Below Average?

Where do you see him on that scale next year?

Sure, but I think you are being very hyperbolic with that statement. Would be interesting to see how you rank Connor.

Where do you rank Connor as a point guard in the B1G? Above average? Average? Below Average?

Where do you see him on that scale next year?
I rank Connor as an above average backup PG this year...don’t expect him to score much this year and he’s above average in the other areas. Next year I will again have him as an above average backup PG...and anticipate improved shooting.

I rank Connor as an above average backup PG this year...don’t expect him to score much this year and he’s above average in the other areas. Next year I will again have him as an above average backup PG...and anticipate improved shooting.
Based on your comments I kind of figured that was where you were at.

I’m not even on a similar wavelength based on what I’ve seen and what the stats show. I’m in the boat that we’ve needed him simply because we have nobody else to handle the ball.

As far as defense he ranks as the 7th or 8th best defender on what is a very bad defensive team, I think it’s a massive stretch to call his defense above average.

There's a reason they say "IowaLawWasRight." Another stellar game in the books for the squad's 4 star PG, this time in a blowout loss against Wisconsin.

Again, Connor's only basket of the game came in the last 20 seconds of a blowout (that's 3 times in a row). His stat line of 1-6 from the field, with 3 turnovers and 1 rebound. By comparison, John Lickliter, thought of by many as the worst player to play in an Iowa uniform in the last twenty years, hit three 3 pointers in a game against Minn, and had several games with 3 assists. At this point, nepotism Johnny Lick was more deserving of minutes than Connor despite being 5'9, 160lbs, and not a MLB caliber athlete.

Windsor - ranks Connor an "above average backup Big Ten pg." Hmmm. What must your baseline "average" be for Connor to be considered "above average" in this highly competitive conference? There are 9 teams who are NCAA tournament caliber. Every single team has 2 point guards with better stats than Connor. Does being the 28th best PG in the league equate to "above avg" in Windsor world?

InGoodCo - might be "extremely encouraged by his play on both sides of the court," but I'm not. Clearly InGoodCo believes in participation trophies and the Green New Deal.

Nikehawk - feels Connor deserves 20 mins per game because of his "good basketball iq." That is the most generic euphimism in the book to describe a slow white player. There's nothing particularly impressive about his bball iq other than he knows how to score in the last seconds of a blowout because his man won't likely guard him. Great way to get a cheap basket for the stat sheet.

Knight - isn't capable of getting the issue and is more focused on proving the semantics that Connor is really a shooting guard. I'm not sure how that makes any kind of difference, even ignoring the fact that the only minutes he's ever played in college were point guard. Did you have a point?

HuckFinn - thinks it's a "really dumb post" to question why Connor gets mins at the Big 10 level. haha!

Last edited:
This team is simply void of any ball handling, but I’m pretty’s sure Fran wanted it that way in order to get Connor minutes.

He is simply not a B1G point guard. He’s a mid major player. I’ve said that since he was a recruit.

Don’t post about things you don’t understand...basketball in this case. This is incompetent. Anticipating improved shooting from a guy flirting with single digits from the arc is quite the stretch, you sure about that?

Don’t post about things you don’t understand...basketball in this case. This is incompetent. Anticipating improved shooting from a guy flirting with single digits from the arc is quite the stretch, you sure about that?

Anticipating a player to not improve from an extremely awful shooting percentage is a bit of stretch in and of itself. Especially when the player in question has only shot 20 times from deep all year. Connor was 57-139 from deep as a senior in HS (41%) when he was the top option on offense.

That said, his statistical output has been below average most of the year for a Big Ten backup PG, I won't dispute that. It needs to improve. We'll find out if Joe T can be part of the solution next year.

Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse for Connor, he goes out and single handedly botches the Nebraska game not once, not twice, but 5 times in the waning minutes. Time and time again his dad insists on playing him in the last seconds of close games.

Connor finished with 4 turnovers, double the number of baskets he made. What's worse, his basketball IQ seems worse than his athleticism.

First, there was the unconscionable unforced over and back call against Connor.

Then, with Neb trailing and the Hawks poised to win with less than a min to play, lil Lick fouls Neb, stopping the clock and giving them easy points.

Then lil Lick gets to the free throw line at the end of regulation (why was he in there??) and of course, hits just 1 of 2, so the game goes into overtime.

Then Fran puts the ball in lil Lick's hands with a chance to win it, and he proceeds to dribble the ball in a slow motion like a confused zombie in a daze and turn it over.

If Fran can't see that his son is not a Big 10 point guard, it's on his assistants, who have all been head coaches, to stand up to the coach and shed some objectivity on the guy. Lil Lick would not start at Drake or UNI, and he might not start on the Iowa women's team.

While generally IowaLaw is wrong even a broken clock is right twice a day. In this case you are onto something.

Connor is not cut out to play PG at this level. We needed him this season simply due to a complete void at this position.

Next year we have a PG prospect coming in who should take all of Connor’s minutes. It’s time for Connor to go make his noise on the baseball field. Unfortunately it sounds like the McCaffery gang has the ultimate goal of Connor and Pat playing together at the B1G level with Fran coaching so we will probably have to sit through that next year.